Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 14, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #4,231 of 4,383
I like it very much, but i can't tell if you are going to like it.

I personally don't think that speakers or headphones should change the tonality of the music, so my ideal is a flat frequency response.
I simply don't get why anyone would want their components to change the sound of instruments like a Bösendorfer Grand or something.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #4,240 of 4,383
I've had the 900S for over a year. I kept going back to my Shure E5 for isolation especially flying and punchy bass. My E5 broke so I upgraded to SE535.

Now I'm tending to prefer the 900S. I'm using FiiO 12A. Flat EQ with the 12A bass boost is ideal for the UE's.

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #4,242 of 4,383
Not sure why the post before this doesn't have any text.

Basically I typed that I just finished reading all 283 pages of this thread and can't wait for my ue900s to arrive. I bought them from Amazon and hope they are the ue900s and not the ue900 in a ue900s box.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #4,243 of 4,383
Hi.

This happened to mine as well. I was gutted, and hid them in a drawer for months. Then i finally decided I might as well try to fix them.

I took some "instant glue"/"super-glue" - you know the universal clear glue in very small containers, that dries very fast. It is clear and quite low viscosity - almost like water. I used a pin to apply the glue along all of the very small ridge there is on the black part. Then just press the parts together. If you have a third hand tool with a loupe it is MUCH easier...

PS: Looks like you are from Denmark. I live in Hørsholm if you need help :)

Quote:

Cable is still intact though, so could probably clue the housing back together. This is the original non unibody version of the UE900.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #4,244 of 4,383

Managed to glue it back together as well, seem to work fine. Actually yesterday it happened again on the left side, so had to find the glue again. I wonder if the original glue has issues with cold, as this time it happened the day after after a snowboarding session.

Thanks for the offer of help also. I do not live in Denmark anymore, but I was actually born in Hoersholm :)

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #4,245 of 4,383

Hi Jacob.

Good to hear you got them working again. 
ksc75smile.gif

Funny that you are actually from Hørsholm - what are the odds... 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back