Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #46 of 4,383
the price seems vary depends on location, I think. when I check the UE US website, it's about 400 USD ( which is about 500 SGD ) . however, when I see on UE SG site, it's about 600 SGD .. woa. .100$ . may be, they include all the shipping, tax etc.  
blink.gif

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #47 of 4,383
Quote:
http://ue.logitech.com/en-us/earphones/ue900
$399

Weird. Couldn't find it on the logitech u.s. website when I looked - maybe I was on the main logitech u.s. site by accident? It was definitely listed at 599 Australian dollars on en-aus.

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #48 of 4,383
Maybe they are acknowledging the fact that the U.S. is going broke...way to throw a bone, UE. But $599 in Australia? Strange.

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #49 of 4,383
Do you guys reckon it'll be cheaper on earphonesolutions.com when this comes out? Or would the logitech store be the cheapest place to buy this?
I'm pretty much sold - just waiting on some reputable reviews. The $399 price tag is on par with shure and westone triple drivers!

and the Australian prices incorporate taxes. still pretty high though

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #50 of 4,383
These have me excited!  Love the UE sound signature (I am currently using UE700s) but never got the TF10s due to the fact I would have never gotten a decent fit in my left ear, these look like they would be better fitting.  Gonna have to wait to see how the actual street prices shake out though, if they can get below $250, I will probably jump on this (pending reviews of course).

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #51 of 4,383
Quote:
Do you guys reckon it'll be cheaper on earphonesolutions.com when this comes out? Or would the logitech store be the cheapest place to buy this?
I'm pretty much sold - just waiting on some reputable reviews. The $399 price tag is on par with shure and westone triple drivers!

and the Australian prices incorporate taxes. still pretty high though

Would you not just get the Heir 4.Ai knowing they are $399 and have good review? I mean hopefully i will see how these compare but they may be on the same level as the 4.Ai but it'll be very hard to be better (and these do not look as nice).

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #53 of 4,383
Quote:
popcorn.gif
subscribed. These look good. Liked the tf10's, but had fit issues when on the move. Now to wait for comparisons between the 4ai's and the pfe232's.

Hopefully i can get my hands on a pair and do the honours of a comparison with the 4.AI!

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #54 of 4,383
Quote:
They're not even on the U.S. website - the $399 price is for TF10s....
blink.gif
              Based on the reviews I'm reading, one of which suggested they rivaled JH13s, I can't imagine they sound $200 better than the Heir 4Ai. I'm going to go out on a limb an predict that the Heirs will still reign supreme after all is said and done.

Why do people keep spreading false information. The UE 900's are not $600. They are $400 which is the same price as the Heir 4Ai's.

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #56 of 4,383
Quote:

Why do people keep spreading false information. The UE 900's are not $600. They are $400 which is the same price as the Heir 4Ai's.

The first UE page to update with the new range was the Australian one and they had a price of $600 there!

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #57 of 4,383
Quote:
Would you not just get the Heir 4.Ai knowing they are $399 and have good review? I mean hopefully i will see how these compare but they may be on the same level as the 4.Ai but it'll be very hard to be better (and these do not look as nice).

I hope you do compare the 4.Ai and the 900s without these preconceptions about how they 'might' sound.

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #59 of 4,383
I hope i can bring you the comparison we will see!

Quote:
in europe it is 399 EUR so 399 $ US will be quite likely

£329 UK, and it is $399 in the US shah. US are winning, Australia are unlucky and so are we!

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #60 of 4,383
Quote:
Based on the reviews I'm reading, one of which suggested they rivaled JH13s...

I think I know which "review" your talking about, if I'm correct it wasn't really a review but second hand information of a comment made at a mini-meet. I'm not sure how much stock to put in it, to be honest, I found it rather odd because that the originator of the supposed comment participated in the thread yet said no such thing in the impressions he posted.

Quote:
The 4.Ai actually isn't that sensitive - Fellow Head-Fi'er NC8000 noted that they needed more volume (from his SR-71B) than his JH13's. He also noted that they came "Disturbingly close" to the performance of the JH13 and were hands down the best universals he had ever heard.

Quote:
But it didn't as you weren't blown away by the balanced drive. The 4.Ai however is a very impressive iem, probably the best universal I have ever tried and the claim to be everything the ER4-S should have been seems justyfied

Users who are viewing this thread

Back