Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #31 of 4,383
Quote:
really wish these didn't have a built in mic. 

They come with two cables, one with a mic and on-cord controls, the other is a standard audio only cable.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #34 of 4,383
I had a chance to hear these, however not the final sound signature.  They are tuned to sound similar to the In-Ear Reference Monitor, but with a more general public flavor.  The presentation was spacious and reminiscent of the IERM, but not quite as bright with more warmth and bass.  Unfortunately I didn't have any universal for comparison, but from what I have heard, it seems like it will compete will with the likes of the W4 and others.  

The new form factor is great as I was able to easily get a good seal; much better than the TF10.  They do come with two cables, a black non-mic cable and a blue cable with a 3 button remote.  I don't recall what the connector looked like (if it is the same as Shure), but I think it is proprietary.  I don't think you will find this for $100 on Black Friday.  

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #35 of 4,383
Quote:
I had a chance to hear these, however not the final sound signature.  They are tuned to sound similar to the In-Ear Reference Monitor, but with a more general public flavor.  The presentation was spacious and reminiscent of the IERM, but not quite as bright with more warmth and bass.  Unfortunately I didn't have any universal for comparison, but from what I have heard, it seems like it will compete will with the likes of the W4 and others.  

The new form factor is great as I was able to easily get a good seal; much better than the TF10.  They do come with two cables, a black non-mic cable and a blue cable with a 3 button remote.  I don't recall what the connector looked like (if it is the same as Shure), but I think it is proprietary.  I don't think you will find this for $100 on Black Friday.  

I don't know if you'd be able to tell me this or not so I'll ask anyway, can you recall if they have a similar somewhat shallow insertion depth like the Triple.Fi's?

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #36 of 4,383
Quote:
I don't know if you'd be able to tell me this or not so I'll ask anyway, can you recall if they have a similar somewhat shallow insertion depth like the Triple.Fi's?

I think insertion depth is in part due to ear canal size as I can get the TF10 in my ears pretty far, but the UE 900 has a much smaller and more ergonomic housing and should fit deeper for the average person.  It is shaped somewhat similarly to a custom IEM, or a universal fit version of a custom IEM.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #38 of 4,383
They were 599 Australian when I saw them this morning...

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #40 of 4,383
Quote:

When I tried them, the insertion depth was not as shallow.  Much more comfortable, better seal.

Thanks guys. That may not be such a good thing in my case. With the TMJ related problems I've had with left ear I've been finding after my latest flare up that the Westone 4's with the longer P series Comply tips are a bit bothersome. I never had an issue with the Triple.Fi's because of the shallower insertion so I was hopeful the 900's might be similar, the 4's with the P series Comply's go deeper than most other IEM's though so the 900's may still be alright.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #42 of 4,383
They're not even on the U.S. website - the $399 price is for TF10s....
blink.gif
              Based on the reviews I'm reading, one of which suggested they rivaled JH13s, I can't imagine they sound $200 better than the Heir 4Ai. I'm going to go out on a limb an predict that the Heirs will still reign supreme after all is said and done.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #44 of 4,383
Hm.. I wonder how does this compares with Westone W4 :-o ?

they are the same four BAs.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #45 of 4,383
Quote:

are you mean soundsign similar to the UERM ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back