Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #16 of 4,383
Quote:
I'm afraid that Logitech has moved the ultimate ears brand away from audiophile quality and into beats territory. (Read; None custom IEMs)
Got a feeling that the TF10 (which I own, use and love) was the last pair of great UEs. But as always, it remains to be heard. 

i want to hear them before i judge.
i don't think the quality got worse, they probably just changed the design.
thanks to beats, ppl now buy expensive audio hardware, just because it looks cool. so they probably changed the design to sell their audiophile hardware even better (ppl buy what looks cool, and when they realize that it even sounds better, all will jump ship and switch to UE?)
the TF10 are just awsome, i love them, and the UE900 are even quad armatuture and look awsome.

i really don't think the quality got worse, but the design definitely got better.
can't wait to hear them x)

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #18 of 4,383
Here is the UE900 video from Logitech if anyone wants to see it. 
L3000.gif

I'm really excited about the UE900. The TF10 is my best pair of IEMs. Hoping that this sounds even better than TF10!

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #19 of 4,383
That video is totally awesome! I was lost in the moment there for a second. More so I'm interested in this piano like timbre they keep mentioning.

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #21 of 4,383
Quote:
Heir Audio's 4Ai is 200$ cheaper and a few very experienced people have said that they are the best sounding universal iems they have ever tried...these will have to be absolute monsters to compete or they will be forced to lower the price. Looks real nice, though. Can't wait to read a review.

The UE 900's are listed at $399 on the US and Canada sites, that's the same as the 4.Ai.

I was a big fan of the Triple.Fi's sound, fit was good, I like the shallower insertion but the overall ergonomics left a lot to be desired. These look to have rectified the ergonomic issues. I'm going to be very tempted to try a pair, depending on timing I might have the Westone 4's and Heir Audio 4.Ai's here to compare with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back