Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #6,931 of 9,690
Quote:
Quote:

I've used the E10 with several different IEMs and headphones and it hasn't hissed once, even with the TF10. My E10 is DEAD silent.

I don't doubt the one I tried was bad. I tried 2 different USB cables and both sounded bad (this was feeding into TF10, Heir 4.a, Senn PX200-II, Astro A30, and Klipsch Image S4).  So yea, probably bad unit... They also fed it from Mac Mini to tube amp and B&W speakers and didn't like either.

Either that or your computer may have a very bad power supply.
Something similar happens when I plug an external HDD into the same USB hub as my USB-powered audio interface.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #6,932 of 9,690
Quote:
Either that or your computer may have a very bad power supply.
Something similar happens when I plug an external HDD into the same USB hub as my USB-powered audio interface.

No, it only happened with the E10... as I have had a U-Dac 1, U-Dac 2, and then the iBasso D-zero.... those all sounded great.  All with my MBP.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #6,933 of 9,690
Has anyone tried one of these cables by sunricky or any of his cables? I'm thinking of buying one....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251109254960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #6,936 of 9,690
Well, he has the White Angel, also in his items there's another called Dark Lord, basically the same cable but black. :) Someone's actually beaten me to it purchased the IE8 cable with a mini impression.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/619964

I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet here and try it. I'll be going for Dark Lord, I like the black colour better I think.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #6,937 of 9,690
Quote:
Has anyone tried one of these cables by sunricky or any of his cables? I'm thinking of buying one....
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251109254960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I previously bought a cable from him, the quality is fairly good, however I came to dislike the neutrik right angle plug that came with it.

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #6,938 of 9,690
I bought something similar before getting a Lune cable. It was too thin and tangle prone, plus the connectors seem to be made from heatshrink wrap and not molded plastic. The Lune was 4x the price, but a much better cable.

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #6,942 of 9,690
I previously bought a cable from him, the quality is fairly good, however I came to dislike the neutrik right angle plug that came with it.

The cable I've purchased comes with the Pailiccs jack. I'm mainly interested in the silver plating. (lets hope it sounds better than the stock cable)

I bought something similar before getting a Lune cable. It was too thin and tangle prone, plus the connectors seem to be made from heatshrink wrap and not molded plastic. The Lune was 4x the price, but a much better cable.

I'm not really interested in the cosmetics. Probably 15% cosmetic 85% sound. My TF10 never leave the house. I do believe the red and blue connectors are indeed covered in heat shrink.

$35, one cannot expect a miracle.

Aug 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #6,944 of 9,690
I'm thinking of buying these, but I'm slightly concerned about their tendency to have recessed mids. Will my fiio e6 amp resolve this issue?
Also, how much better are they than the Sennheiser ie6?

Personally I have no problem with TF10 mids feeling recessed. If anything it presents like a singers on stage with yourself in the middle rows, but never to distant. I've never really grasped the complete V signature people talk about here after owning mine for five months. More so than a V I feel the highs are slightly forward and unless I'm using EQ to bring bass up it takes the back seat in the presentation. I really wouldn't worry about it to be honest. It's completely nit picking talk IMO. They don't feel any more recessed than my GRO7 and that's mean't to be balanced. Possibly slightly but it's never like vocals and centre channel is coming from the bottom of the grand canyan.

An E11 can bring mids forward slightly on high gain, but I really don't think you need it my friend.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #6,945 of 9,690
Listening to the tf10 quietly, the mid do seem a but too distant, where as other iem/headphone would not have given you that feeling.

However if you turn the volume up a few notches, its sound signature become so much more fun and involving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back