Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #6,391 of 9,690
I just got the TF.10's with Chris_Himself Silver cables and they are absolutely amazing. They sound great with the kinds of music that i listen to. I love them :)

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #6,394 of 9,690
Save up for the TF10s IMHO!

Universal Fit = yes, means anyone can use it. Custom fit = fitted to your ear.

This IEM is great even without an amp, I have used it straight out of my iPod and was impressed, but using the amp just blew my mind away.

I do think the tips make a difference, I don't like using the UE tips as they aren't very nice. I use the Shure E2C flex tips and I get a great seal and everything is just perfect
smily_headphones1.gif

For me UE Triple 10 without an amp is not listenable, I can't handle the ear piercing trebles, it's just too artificial.

With Sr71b amp, this IEM is completely different earphone, it smooths trebles, extend the bass and brings the mid more forward.

I am glad that I have sr71b, I never really appreciated this amp until tried with IEMs. :)

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #6,395 of 9,690
I'm looking for some input on a problem I'm having with these earbuds, a problem I have had since Day 1.  I actually got these earbuds over a year ago but stopped using them soon after.  I just came back to them and remember why I stopped using them.

It seems like the entire soundstage is shifted to the left.  For me, almost any piece of music I listen to, I feel I am hearing it more the left than right.  Vocals in all songs seem to be slightly left of center, etc.

I've tried different tips and everything, so I don't think it is a fit problem.  I have switched the wires (so left earbud is receiving right channel and vice-versa) and the music still appears to the left.

I am only left to assume that it is a problem with the earbuds themselves.  Can anyone offer a further explanation or anything?

Also...is there anything wrong with not wearing these headphones around ear?  I can wear them like a normal pair of earbuds if I use the right earbud in my left ear and the left earbud in the right.  Does anyone do this?  Is there anything really wrong with doing this?

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #6,396 of 9,690
AWESOME    
wink_face.gif

Rodrigo Pita

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #6,397 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm looking for some input on a problem I'm having with these earbuds, a problem I have had since Day 1.  I actually got these earbuds over a year ago but stopped using them soon after.  I just came back to them and remember why I stopped using them.

It seems like the entire soundstage is shifted to the left.  For me, almost any piece of music I listen to, I feel I am hearing it more the left than right.  Vocals in all songs seem to be slightly left of center, etc.

I've tried different tips and everything, so I don't think it is a fit problem.  I have switched the wires (so left earbud is receiving right channel and vice-versa) and the music still appears to the left.

I am only left to assume that it is a problem with the earbuds themselves.  Can anyone offer a further explanation or anything?

Also...is there anything wrong with not wearing these headphones around ear?  I can wear them like a normal pair of earbuds if I use the right earbud in my left ear and the left earbud in the right.  Does anyone do this?  Is there anything really wrong with doing this?

Have you checked the polarity on each side? With the stock cable both L / R symbols should be facing towards the tips when using them normally. If you're swapping the earpieces to different sides of the cables then it's opposite. The L /R symbols should be both facing away from the tips.

Normal: L /R symbols facing towards tips

Reverse: L /R symbols facing away from tips. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #6,398 of 9,690

Quote:

Have you checked the polarity on each side? With the stock cable both L / R symbols should be facing towards the tips when using them normally. If you're swapping the earpieces to different sides of the cables then it's opposite. The L /R symbols should be both facing away from the tips.

Normal: L /R symbols facing towards tips

Reverse: L /R symbols facing away from tips. 

No. That is wrong, at least as far as I remember. L and R should always face the nozzle. The pin's polarities always go ground -> signal, from the left pin to right pin on each connector, with the letter that says the side facing you. It's also the reason why with Westone cables, the L (blue) dot always faces out and the R (red) dot always faces in if you're using them on the TF10.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #6,399 of 9,690

Quote:

No. That is wrong, at least as far as I remember. L and R should always face the nozzle. The pin's polarities always go ground -> signal, from the left pin to right pin on each connector, with the letter that says the side facing you. It's also the reason why with Westone cables, the L (blue) dot always faces out and the R (red) dot always faces in if you're using them on the TF10.

Hmm, it may be wrong, I found the answer in one of the pages here redirected from google after a search. I'd like someone to check with a multimeter if possible to clear up any confusion. Otherwise we could continue spreading the wrong answer from person to the next.

Are you sure the L /R still face the nozzle when using the flip / flop technic? 

Edit: Here's where I found the answer.

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #6,400 of 9,690

Quote:

Hmm, it may be wrong, I found the answer in one of the pages here redirected from google after a search. I'd like someone to check with a multimeter if possible to clear up any confusion. Otherwise we could continue spreading the wrong answer from person to the next.

Are you sure the L /R still face the nozzle when using the flip / flop technic? 

Edit: Here's where I found the answer.

This is where I was going off of. By what it sounds like, there's no real difference that you can really tell until you amp the thing. Anyone with a really good amp care to pitch in here?

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #6,401 of 9,690
Anyone here makes replacement cables on orders? My stock cable just broke... again :frowning2:

Need to get a better replacement this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back