Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 25, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #4,456 of 9,690
Lurker first time posting.  Going to send these in to get custom molds, and was considering a new cord that had an in-line mic on it (I take a lot of calls at work in a cube farm where it can get noisy)  Is this feasible or would the sound quality be altered by including a mic?

Does anyone know of good quality cords I could use for this?  Obviously theres the TF10vi cord, but I was looking for something sturdier since Ive read a lot of quality issues around this cord.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #4,457 of 9,690
Picked up 2. Only pair of earbuds I've owned are the stock ipod buds...haven't even considered looking at in ears as a result. Too much glowing praise combined with 70%+ off made these too hard to pass up. Just hope I don't accidentally wash or lose them. 

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #4,458 of 9,690
Ordered these earlier today from Amazon - was just lucky to be browsing online at the time (early morning in Western Australia). Had to have them shipped to my US shipping forwarder due to them not being shipped to Australia.

The Amazon price was half the price of the Logitech sale price in Australia, and, the same price as the UE 700 I had been considering. I am still not sure whether the UE 700 would be better for me, but anyway, I am hoping the UE Triple Fi 10 will be a substantial upgrade to my UE Super.Fi 4(vi) which I never really used as I could not get a good fit (I have tiny ear canals).

I am still undecided as to whether I should cancel my order and just get the UE 700 in Australia (they seem much smaller). I mainly listen to electronic music and I have heard good things about the UE Triple Fi 10. Regardless, I will order some comply tips for whichever I decide to get.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #4,459 of 9,690

Quote:

Contact chris himself, or look on ebay. if I were you I'd PM chris first though.
you might need more comfortable ear tips, depending on the fit.

Thanks for the plug mate... we should talk sometime :)

Quote:
IT'S ALIVE!! (and yes you may take my money now
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Thank you sir!

Quote:

Dude,

That thing is more expensive than what I paid for the triple-fi's.

I suppose I will try and find this chris person once I actually get them to try it first.

I'm right herreeeee!!!

Quote:
So for us EU people, where would be a good place to look for a non-stock replacement cable? Want something durable mainly, and the shipping from America is a bit much for a cable in my eyes (not too prone to buy a $100 silver cable either).

Hello :)
There are plenty of places to buy an affordable IEM cable on the internet if you earch hard enough... shipping from US to EU doesn't actually cost anymore money in my eyes, I only do +5 bucks on top at the most severe cases for around the world and back....

Durability is usually not a concern with these upgrade cables since youre going from a measly 30AWG to 28AWG and higher with some of these people! Let me know if you have any questions mate

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #4,463 of 9,690
I'd buy them off of you if you decide to cancel the order!

Quote:
Ordered these earlier today from Amazon - was just lucky to be browsing online at the time (early morning in Western Australia). Had to have them shipped to my US shipping forwarder due to them not being shipped to Australia.

The Amazon price was half the price of the Logitech sale price in Australia, and, the same price as the UE 700 I had been considering. I am still not sure whether the UE 700 would be better for me, but anyway, I am hoping the UE Triple Fi 10 will be a substantial upgrade to my UE Super.Fi 4(vi) which I never really used as I could not get a good fit (I have tiny ear canals).

I am still undecided as to whether I should cancel my order and just get the UE 700 in Australia (they seem much smaller). I mainly listen to electronic music and I have heard good things about the UE Triple Fi 10. Regardless, I will order some comply tips for whichever I decide to get.

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #4,465 of 9,690

Quote:
Is the deal still going?!?!?  Can somebody post a link???  If it's too late, should I grab the Klipsch X10?

X10's are awesome, if they're discounted without a doubt grab the Klipsch IEM's. I wasn't impressed with their S4i since it's a boomy bass monster, but the X10 is really quality audiophile grade stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back