Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro Recable
Jan 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

violinvirtuoso

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got my Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro headphones for Christmas (they are amazing)
darthsmile.gif
. The only problem is the cable. It seems like it will break soon and I think they are too stiff. And of course they are fairly microphonic (has Null-Audio fixed its cables?). My main question is which cable should I replace the stock one with?
confused_face_2.gif
Below are the ones I know of. If you know any better cables please post the cable, and where you can get them. Pics are nice but not necessary.

Enyo Cable ($69) Null Audio Studio, Where everything is purely handmade

Lune Cable ($109) Null Audio Studio, Where everything is purely handmade

AWWAN (~$60) ULTIMATE EARS IN-EARPHONE UPGRADE TEFLON CABLE VER.2 - eBay (item 290380318807 end time Feb-08-10 23:21:48 PST)

Westone ES2 (?) ?????

Ulimate Ears Custom Cable ($36) Ultimate Ears Custom Optional Accessories - Custom Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

Also, if anyone knows where I can get the modded Westone ES2 or modded Ultimate Ears Custom Cable that would be great. Reviews of the cables would be great.
wink_face.gif

If you have any amp suggestions for these headphones that would be great too (I know these headphones don't need an amp, but "hypothetically" what is a good amp).

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 24
What do you mean by a modded ES2 and UE custom cable?

I've used the clear UE custom on my SF5 Pro and it's much much better than the stock one although it turns green quickly. I ordered the black ES2 cable for my TF10 remold, and it seems almost exactly the same as the UE custom, but the memory tubing by the connectors is a little shorter.

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 24
from what ive read the westone cable has their connector pins a bit too long for the triple fi so you have to trim it a bit

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 24
I tried to use the ES cable with my stock TF10s and no go. Fisher had to change out the socket to fit the ES cable on my customs, and now the OEM cable pins will not stay in the sockets (of the custom TF10), so the sound cuts out. Once you go custom, no more OEM TF10 cable. But for stock, neither the ES nor the Fisher clear cable would fit.

So don't order the ES cable for a stock pair of TF10s. They do not work. Not sure about the others.

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 24
Assuming the TF10 socket is the same as the SF5 Pro socket (which I think it is, since UE only sells one type of universal cable) the UE custom cable will fit. I used a UE custom cable on my SF5 Pro with no modification and it fit just fine. It might have been like .02mm too long or something though.

When I got my ES cable I compared the pins to the UE custom cable and the ES pins were definitely longer. I asked my GF to bring home her micrometer from work so I could check thickness but I guess she forgot..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 24
you can get the es2 cable modded from jaben.net.

they mod it for you to fit on the tf 10

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 24
tf10 stock pins are 22gauge and the custom pins are a larger diameter.if you look on ue's websight they tell you the new custom cable doesn't fit tf's.(stretches out female connector so stock will no longer fit)

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can get the es2 cable modded from jaben.net.

they mod it for you to fit on the tf 10

Thanks for the site. When I go to Jaben Online Store and search es2 though, nothing comes up
confused.gif
. Do I have to e-mail him, specially order it, or am I looking in the wrong place

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #11 of 24
Thanks you guys, anyone know where you can get a modded UE Custom Cable?

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #13 of 24
I have ue customs on my triples... Ted's right, they were a snug fit, and I'm sure I stretched them out a bit, but I did not need to modify anything... I plan on using the customs anyway, so no biggie to me...

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ae you really a violin virtuoso?

See my profile (I'm 14), but yeah I'm working on it.

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #15 of 24
So wait, I can just plug the UE Custom Cable into my TF10 and it will be fine? Nothing else necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back