Ultimate Ears Personal Reference Monitors: The *Custom* Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jun 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #76 of 213
Quote:
The Tuning Box is not for you to carry home. They are just devices to get the sound signature sample to tune the UEPRM to your liking.

Har!? like that cost us 2k USD?? i don't think it is worth.. if like that i prefer to get two different Custom IEMs... Cause music stuff hard to explain.. depends on mood sometimes.. If feeling wanna rock and roll will listening to pop song with more bass presents or relaxing will listening to classic songs.

Hmm... not that worth la UE. I better get the 5 ways Spiral IEMs better.

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #77 of 213
hmm... if like that it is not a reference monitor what... we couldn't use it for dy/dx other speakers signature..

Oo ya, no wonder is PERSONAL Reference Monitor.

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #78 of 213
Quote:

Har!? like that cost us 2k USD?? i don't think it is worth.. if like that i prefer to get two different Custom IEMs... Cause music stuff hard to explain.. depends on mood sometimes.. If feeling wanna rock and roll will listening to pop song with more bass presents or relaxing will listening to classic songs.

Nice Singlish haha, jk. But for me, I feel like I don't need 2 pairs of CIEM just to fit the music I listen to. It's just troublesome for me. And since one usually doesn't listen to all kind of music I think UE's idea is great, even though the PRM costs twice as much as most CIEM out there. Just me being a UE fanboy.

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #80 of 213
Wow... incredible! Looks worth it for those who could afford it.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #81 of 213
Jun 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #83 of 213
Are they looking for test subjects to try it out on?  I'll gladly volunteer myself to be the lab rat for this R&D...

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #84 of 213
This is rather brilliant is another way- people will never blame UE for a CIEM that isn't to their liking, because if they complain, UE can just tell them that it's their own fault since they tuned it for themselves. Also, aside from a price argument, there will be very little comparisons between this IEM and other company's IEM's, because there is no set sound signature, so in the end, this IEM will stand in a category on its own with no competition. 

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #85 of 213
Well, for what it's worth, I don't think this CIEM is the "be all and end all" compared to others. Yes, you can tune the FR to match your tastes, but other facets like instrument separation, perceptual field / headstage, imaging, and specific timbrel qualities... these qualities are pretty much fixed, and there are still other CIEMs that could potentially excel above and beyond in these areas.

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #87 of 213
Quote:
Well, for what it's worth, I don't think this CIEM is the "be all and end all" compared to others. Yes, you can tune the FR to match your tastes, but other facets like instrument separation, perceptual field / headstage, imaging, and specific timbrel qualities... these qualities are pretty much fixed, and there are still other CIEMs that could potentially excel above and beyond in these areas.

WMFS.

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #88 of 213
Quote:

Dude this isn't hardwarezone. Please write in a more formal and literate manner before you go about tainting the image of Singaporeans.

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #89 of 213
Yes, we will bring the tuning box and other demo sets when we participate in future Head-Fi events, so CEETEE, yes, you will see it in the next NorCal or SoCal meet!  Irvine is only 5 hours away from the bay area :wink:

We are also looking into setting up a few dealers in other countries, but nothing firm at the moment until we have finalize the discussion and training of these dealers.

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #90 of 213
Well they are in L.A. anyway but it will be interesting to see at the So Cal event in Aug.

I feel like i would be second guessing my choices both during and after testing, i can see waking up in the middle of the night wondering if i made the right sonic choices.......
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back