Ugliest Headphones Ever Awards--VOTE NOW!
Sep 20, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #181 of 227
People actually eat that? And don't get a heart attack? And I thought those KFC bowls with everything added together was bad enough...

You know something is wrong when they sell chocolate covered bacon here. Nasty.

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #182 of 227

[size=small]Skullcandy G.I.[/size]
skullcandydesert.jpg

I almost choked when i saw this. Bullet shells on your head??? God damn what were they thinking

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #185 of 227
I don't think something is truly ugly if it is not trying to be pretty.  In other words, a completely utilitarian design looks good to me, it looks useful and functional.  So while the K1000 and floats do look really intense, they're not offensive or ugly. 

Ugly to me is when something is trying really hard to look cool, but has no design sense whatsoever, or anything under the hood to back it up.  So the skullcandy's win. 

I don't personally think the HD800 looks good.  I like the very simple look of the HD600/HD650 better, and I agree that the HD800 is trying way too hard.  But knowing how technically great it sounds makes it kind of irrelevant to me.  I guess when something sounds good, it looks better to me no matter what....

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #186 of 227

Quote:

I am so buying these for my 2yo daughter!  (I'll put Grado drivers or somesuch in them, of course.) 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #188 of 227
I think that the likes of the Jeklin Float and Ergo are good looking. They just look silly on your head.

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #192 of 227
The Hello Kitty headphones are fun and would suit a small child or cute girl. They would look silly on me. The Jecklin Float would look silly on anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back