1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Ugliest Headphones Ever Awards--VOTE NOW!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by applaudio, Jul 30, 2009.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last
  1. Zida
    I came in here to see if anyone suggested the Barney Grado's yet but then saw Skullcandy's... Now I don't know which to vote for :frowning2:

2. Tordenskjold
    Sennheiser HD 414BW-6 - Bundeswehr (german army) model. Don't know any specs, but if someone wants them this guy sells them for € 14,95 [​IMG] Polstered plastic-pads, 600 Ohm.

Sennheiser20HD2041420BW.jpg

Hi-res picture

Edit: neverming, I'll just buy the lot and raise money for a stax... 200$ in the sales-forum, are you serious?!! [​IMG]

3. faileas
    those look oddly cool. though 600 ohms o0. probably meant for tanks.

4. Tordenskjold

Quote:

Nah, even the DT880 is availlable in 600 Ohm. Ther actually exists a consumer-version that has some fans around this forum and looks less ugly. 

One other candidate might be the DT150: 

92792.jpg

I actually am propably going to get me these - who cares about how it looks as long as it sounds great! Reversing the priorities there leads you on the Skullcandy-way. 

5. tdockweiler
    Sorry, I just had to do it..despite them being my current favorite headphone. Am I the only one that finds these ugly? Not bad enough to not buy them, but close.

HD_598_new_intro.jpg

I think 90% of the people out there like the design, but not me! It's growing on me though..

6. b0klau
    the k1000s and the stigmas, or any other similar electrostat makes you look like you have dumbo ears.

7. WhiteCrow
    I know I'm going to get crucified for this but. ModQualia2.jpg
    I just think the look cheep*I know they are know* and are just as ridiculously over designed as the HD800's

8. Kukuk

Quote:

I don't think you know what "over designed" means. This are by no means as "over designed" as the HD800's. If fact they are really quite simple.

200705151410311516.jpg

9. WhiteCrow
    the design is fairly similar to the HD800.

10. Kukuk
    Maybe the cup shape, but that's about where the similarities end.

11. WhiteCrow
    how the drivers situated, the little bars that hold it in place, the screen*at what looks like a mesh* the color scheme is different but they look pretty similar*other than cup shape* IMO

12. Kukuk
    They both have drivers in the same place and mesh over the drivers? In a headphone?! These were clearly designed by the same person!

I think you're totally ignoring the multitude of little things that make these almost completely different looking.

13. buffalowings

Quote:

haven't heard them, but personally, they look like a couch

14. slapshot30
    haha no offense to any who have these, but the xb500's are ugly as ever in my opinion, just look at those giant donuts! I could never be seen with those in public...
    Sony-MDR-XB500-review.jpg

15. WhiteCrow

Quote:

such as? I know they are shaped differently, I know the headbands different*i don't like the q10's headband look, the HD800's jut looks like a plane headphone band* looks like there is a screen on the back of the drivers, the pads are....bowled? on the q10 not sure how to describe it.

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last