UE Triple Fi 10vi or MC coppers?
Jun 11, 2010 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

MusicalChillies

Previously known as Sinth.
Hi folks,
Have done a search but cannot find a match between the two sets.
Can get the UE`s for £149.99 new but still have my heart on the turbine coppers which are obviously more money.
As I am an IE8 user,
1. No point, not a lot of an upgrade with either.
2. Yip UE is better (for that price)
3. Yip coppers better (regardless of price)
4. Neither.

Ta,
Stu (This site and my search for in ear heaven is killing me)

Jun 11, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 20
Seriously? I don`t know.

I love the IE8`s but the overall sound is "something I learnt from here" veiled and it`s true.
I own the PFE`s which have amazing detail but lack on the IE front with bass.
I recently bought some Shure 750dj`s which sound good but over head cans just do not suit me.

Jun 11, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 20

Quote:
Seriously? I don`t know.

I love the IE8`s but the overall sound is "something I learnt from here" veiled and it`s true.
I own the PFE`s which have amazing detail but lack on the IE front with bass.
I recently bought some Shure 750dj`s which sound good but over head cans just do not suit me.

If you feel the IE8's are veiled I can tell you the Coppers are not (as long as you burn them in and fit them properly).  From what I have read from those who had TF10 and Coppers, the Coppers have a Tighter, more controlled bass yet has more weight and impact like a dynamic should.  They both have treble energy, who has the better treble and mids is not for me to say though.

Jun 11, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #5 of 20
Hmmm.

I raised a thread not that long ago about the MCTC`s and the Westone 3 was mentioned (thanks to the poster) but the UE`s at that price have made me wonder.
It`s not monoloply money we are dealing with it`s real money.
I really appreciate your input Anaxilus btw mate.
I just want to make my next purchase my last for a while.

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 20
TF10 or Coppers depends on your preference along with whether you like dynamics or BA better.

Keep in mind that my ownership of the TF10 and Coppers do not overlap and that my Coppers are still being burnt in although I did take notes and remember it quite well when I did have a lengthy audition of the Coppers a couple months ago.

The bass on both earphones are good imo although the bass on the Coppers seem to be better. They have both a good amount of impact but the Coppers have that bass rumble that dynamics tend to have. The mids are a clear weakness of the TF10 and are also recessed while the Coppers are not. I liked the treble on the TF10 but everything was too warm on the TF10 for me to like them. One thing to consider when getting the TF10 is their fit and horrible cables. I had some major issues with fit unless I flipped them and used hybrids. Fit wise there is no comparison since the TF10 are absolutely horrible.

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 20
I think DBA-02 will fit better in this price range and if need more bass with better clarity then Radius DDM are close. But overall MTP Copper are better pick than UE TF10Pro for overall clarity and bass.

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #8 of 20

Quote:
I think DBA-02 will fit better in this price range and if need more bass with better clarity then Radius DDM are close. But overall MTP Copper are better pick than UE TF10Pro for overall clarity and bass.

The DDM's are definitely a consideration.  I understand how the DDM mid and bass stack up to my MD's but not sure how the DDM treble would stack up to the Coppers.  Not sure if the DBA-02 is gonna give the bass the OP is looking for compared to the others here.

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 20
Jun 11, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 20
I can't comment on the Coppers but I can give you some quick tidbits of info on the Triples.

Triples:
Fast, punchy bass that doesn't extend too low (I can see where people say the bass on the Copper's is better; it probably has an actual "weight" to it that I found the UM3Xs have as well). 

Airy treble and decent sound stage. I liked to EQ the treble up and loved the Triples for that reason. 

Fit was bad and I had comfort problems (although I could get and keep a good seal with ease). 

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #11 of 20
If PFE did not satisfy in bass but IE8 did then the DBA 02 is a bad place to look. I have not heard the PFE but I do know the sound of the IE8 and the bass. TF10 and the Coppers both have plenty of bass so DBA 02 should not be an option imo.

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 20
Thanks guys.

Triples is a no no, thought the price was good but this and that it not my scene.
DBA`s.. interesting.
Looks like the coppers, keeping my IE`s btw. Have a funny feeling that they will be back in my ears before I know it which isn`t what I am after but..

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #15 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back