UE TF10 + Westone ES cables - Cabling Setup
Feb 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

busyychild

New Head-Fier
Just wanted to make sure that I have my Westone ES cables correctly connected to my UE TripleFi 10's. 

(I am NOT using the flip-flop/reverse mod on these)

Right - Red - Dot racing Rearward
Left  - Blue - Dot facing Forward (UE logo)

Feb 21, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 15
No, the dot is the signal/lead and should be always facing away from the UE word. Same for both side.

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 15
Actually, I think your current setup is correct. I have mine using the flipmod and I have mine the exact same way except the colors are backwards. AFAIK, the polarity of the lead beside the color is the same for both of them, and thus if they both were to be facing away or towards the UE symbol, one would have the correct polarity while the other would have reverse. On both of the headphones side by side, the connector for the cable are the exact same - they are not flipped. Say, the + lead is facing toward the UE symbol on the left headphone, then the + lead on the right headphone is facing away from the UE symbol.

In short, it's working fine for me and I'm noticing all of the expected improvements in my iem over the stock cable.

Btw, I just got my ES cable today!

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #7 of 15
I look at UE web, the word on the original cable always connect facing inwards the UF10 and it says the pin on the left is lead (R or L) facing up. So both left/right earplug w/o the UE word are lead signal.

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #9 of 15
Since the ue cable always faces inwards then that must mean that the lead on the cable is always on the same side, which is the left side according to what you just said. The colored dot corresponds with that left lead, which means that his current setup is correct. On the iem, the left side in the left headphone is towards the ue logo, while on the right headphone that same lead is away from the logo.

Feb 24, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #11 of 15
So far everywhere I have read, the configuration that I have (shown in OP) is the correct setup.  I just wanted to see if any one could say without a doubt it was correct.  Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 15
Just received my pair of TF 10s in the mail today. Using a multimeter and a old pair of Westone ES cable, the TS is correct. right, dot face forward, left, dot face backwards

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #14 of 15
To make the Westone ES cables fit how much do you need to take of of the connection tips, 1mm, 2mm....?

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #15 of 15
i heard that these cables don't PERFECTLY line up with the tf10 sockets so you have to try really hard.
and that once you use these, you can't go back to older tf10 stock cables because the tf10 socket becomes too loose

can anyone verify this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back