TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs
Sep 1, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #46 of 106
  Well, things look even bleaker now... the phone number for Amalgamist is no longer in service. I will be investigating and trying to get as much info about this person and everything about this deal so I can turn it over to the police. Needless to say I am very, very disappointed. Not just for myself but also for everyone who did not got the opportunity to listen to one of the best ever headphones.

I am working out a way to bbe able to continue the HE1000 loaner program but as for the next few days it is suspended - not cancelled.

I hate thieves!!!!

Todd

I am so sorry Todd,  you have always been so generous to the Head-Fi community and to see people take advantage of it, just isn't right.  

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #47 of 106
I really hope it works out for you and they are able to recover it.  It's a bummer to read the confirmation, but on the bright side, if it resumes later, I'll likely have better equipment to evaluate them with.

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #48 of 106
Man, this sucks.  Just spit-balling, but I am wondering if Todd should post the serial number here?  

I assume this ****** bag member will try to sell these headphones online and posting the serial number here could help to hinder his ability to sell these headphones.

I don't know.....  just a thought.

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #49 of 106
  Man, this sucks.  Just spit-balling, but I am wondering if Todd should post the serial number here?  

I assume this ****** bag member will try to sell these headphones online and posting the serial number here could help to hinder his ability to sell these headphones.

I don't know.....  just a thought.

I motion this, as horrible of a thought it is to have, it's a reality nonetheless.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #50 of 106
Ugh, really disheartening. Todd's a nice guy, I bought My LCD-3's from him.

I hope this crook does hard time. 

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #51 of 106
Ugh...Todd I'm very sorry to hear this.  Hope that we're able to catch up with this guy.  This really sucks.

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #52 of 106
Hi All,

Well in spite of the HE1000 theft, I am working closely with the HiFiMan team and we are arranging a new pair of HE1000 to be used in my loaner program. I am going to buy another pair. This time I will write the Serial number down (duh, Todd why didn't you do that the first time???) and it will be posted when the HE1000 loaner program resumes.

I am still hoping to see more of the Reviews here... especially for the NightHawk and Explorer2. Lets not forget that it is a part of the deal...

Also, Look for a new loaner program for the EnigmAcoustics Dharma and Grado GH-1 to begin in 1-2 weeks. I hope to have everything ready to go by then

I really want to trust everyone out here on Head-Fi. I may be (or am) naive in this thought process but I will flat out say this, the next time I am ripped off I will cease to do these loaner programs. I enjoy allowing you to hear stuff you may not have otherwise had the opportunity to hear in your own system with you own gear and music. It is a great opportunity for everyone to get a shot at hearing something new and writing about it here. It opens doors for customers to get to know us at TTVJAudio a little bit and is win- win for all if it all goes right.

Todd

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #53 of 106
I really enjoyed my time with the Meridian Explorer 2. In fact, I liked it so much that I ended up buying one - from Todd, of course.

Here's the link to my review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meridian-explorer-2/reviews/13982

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #54 of 106
Hi All,

Well in spite of the HE1000 theft, I am working closely with the HiFiMan team and we are arranging a new pair of HE1000 to be used in my loaner program. I am going to buy another pair. This time I will write the Serial number down (duh, Todd why didn't you do that the first time???) and it will be posted when the HE1000 loaner program resumes.

I am still hoping to see more of the Reviews here... especially for the NightHawk and Explorer2. Lets not forget that it is a part of the deal...

Also, Look for a new loaner program for the EnigmAcoustics Dharma and Grado GH-1 to begin in 1-2 weeks. I hope to have everything ready to go by then

I really want to trust everyone out here on Head-Fi. I may be (or am) naive in this thought process but I will flat out say this, the next time I am ripped off I will cease to do these loaner programs. I enjoy allowing you to hear stuff you may not have otherwise had the opportunity to hear in your own system with you own gear and music. It is a great opportunity for everyone to get a shot at hearing something new and writing about it here. It opens doors for customers to get to know us at TTVJAudio a little bit and is win- win for all if it all goes right.

Todd
Todd you should screen them to see if they have recent posts and reviews before sending them anything.

I only say this to protect you and your generosity.

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #55 of 106
  Hi All,

Todd

Great to hear.  Another suggestion as far as measures to protect your interests in a high value loaner program such as this.  Something positively identifying, such as a drivers license photocopy, or a copy of a bill with name and address as proof of residency.  And physical addresses, no P.O. boxes.  Just some friendly suggestions.

Sep 16, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #57 of 106

Great to hear.  Another suggestion as far as measures to protect your interests in a high value loaner program such as this.  Something positively identifying, such as a drivers license photocopy, or a copy of a bill with name and address as proof of residency.  And physical addresses, no P.O. boxes.  Just some friendly suggestions.

I greatly agree with statement and feel it would highly deter it from happening again 

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #58 of 106
HI All,

I have some good news for the HE1000 loaner guys. Thanks to some help from Summer and Fang at HiFiMan, I have a brand new HE1000 for the loaner program. I will be sending it out later this week and hopefully no more problems. So it is back alive and running and I really hope you guys appreciate this enough to write your reviews and buy them from me should you decide you want a pair. I have spent money on 2 pair so far ...

Todd

Sep 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #59 of 106
  HI All,

I have some good news for the HE1000 loaner guys. Thanks to some help from Summer and Fang at HiFiMan, I have a brand new HE1000 for the loaner program. I will be sending it out later this week and hopefully no more problems. So it is back alive and running and I really hope you guys appreciate this enough to write your reviews and buy them from me should you decide you want a pair. I have spent money on 2 pair so far ...

Todd

That's awesome!!! Very glad to hear more people have the opportunity to experience such musical bliss. But it's unfortunate to have to put something like this into play but for your own protection you should really consider making potential auditioners verify their identity, or something as to you have the ability to recover a lost product if something like this were to happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back