TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs
Jul 6, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #16 of 106
HI All,

The HE1000 loaner program is full. I allowed 10 people to sign up. It is already with #1 and here is the rest of the list by user name... expect 10-12 days with each user including shipping and 1 week with the HE1000

2 preproman
3 Khragon
4 ricardo 1018
5 amalgamist - stole the headphones for the loaner program and has disappeared. Beware of this guy!!!
6 JWahl
7 rschoi75
8 vcoheda
9 Lostdog54
10 swjones3

11 dxanex

Here is the list for the NightHawk which will be shipping out tomorrow - it is too late to get it out today.

1 cotnijoe
2 HisoundFi
3 yage
4 Riddley Walker
5 sp3llv3xit
6 wega03
7 24grant24
8 Defiant00
9 MWSVette
10 slowdown5646
11 jim723
12 Army-Firedawg

The Explorer2 loaner program list is - and the unit shipped out on Friday...

1 bobeau
2 iggyMcNoise

Thanks to all who are participating!

Todd

Jul 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #17 of 106
Thanks for the info and the opportunity Todd.

beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #19 of 106
Didn't make the HE-1000 this time, but very gracious of TTVJ to do this for head-fi'ers anyway! 
beerchug.gif

If anyone drops out, or if there is a second tour, please keep me in consideration.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #20 of 106
Hi All,

There were a few folks who tried to sign up via my pm here at Head-Fi. I do not regularly check that and I manage the loaner program from my todd@ttvjaudio.com email. If you tried to sign up via PMing me here, email me and I will add you to the loaner program. I would like to get my headphones back at some time though so I can enjoy them...

Todd

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #22 of 106
Nighthawk review posted: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audioquest-nighthawk-headphones/reviews/13573

Thanks a bunch @Todd for giving me the opportunity to give them a listen! The Nighthawk will be sent off to @Hisoundfi on Friday.

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #23 of 106
HI All,

The loaners have all moved on to the 2nd on the list and with the HE1000 to the 3rd on the list. By next week they will be sent to the next person on the list. Thanks for the great review on the NightHawk Cotnijoe. Well done!

I am awaiting reviews from those who have had the HE1000 and Meridian Explorer2 to also be written...

Talk to you all soon!!!

Todd

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #24 of 106
Review on the HE1000 coming as soon as I return from Holliday.

Aug 3, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #26 of 106
HI All,

The headphones should be moving to the next people in line  and I am not seeing a lot of reviews. Please let me know when you send them to the next person along with tracking at todd@ttvjaudio.com. I will pass the tracking info on to the person receiving them. And please fulfill your obligation to write the review. I have done my part and have many thousands of dollars in headphones out there for you guys to listen to!

Todd

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #28 of 106
Thanks Todd for the opportunity,

I was lucky enough to have the H1K with both WA5 and Ragnarok for one night, before sending my WA5 out to the next lucky owner, and sending the H1K out to the next trial in line.

I'm not good at describing what I hear, but I'll try my best.  To me the H1K sounded heck of a lot smoother (read less siblance) compare to the HD800 when using with the Ragnarok.  However with a good tube amp, WA5 in my case, which smooth out some the HD800 harshness it's very enjoyable to me.  A nice thing about H1K is that on the WA5, it's still clear and musical, I don't detect much difference going from Ragnarok to WA5 using H1K, of course being a solid state amp, the Ragnarok doesn't have that warm mid range that the WA5 provided (with WE300B).  However I definitely can live with H1K + Ragnarok.  So my preference, H1K + a good tube amp (and good tubes), but if budget is limited I'd spend the money on the H1K and a nice solid state, H1K provides most of the wonderful sonic qualities already without the hassle of chasing after that perfect setup to pair with the HD800.

Thanks Todd again for the opportunity.

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #29 of 106
Thanks Todd for the opportunity,

I was lucky enough to have the H1K with both WA5 and Ragnarok for one night, before sending my WA5 out to the next lucky owner, and sending the H1K out to the next trial in line.

I'm not good at describing what I hear, but I'll try my best.  To me the H1K sounded heck of a lot smoother (read less siblance) compare to the HD800 when using with the Ragnarok.  However with a good tube amp, WA5 in my case, which smooth out some the HD800 harshness it's very enjoyable to me.  A nice thing about H1K is that on the WA5, it's still clear and musical, I don't detect much difference going from Ragnarok to WA5 using H1K, of course being a solid state amp, the Ragnarok doesn't have that warm mid range that the WA5 provided (with WE300B).  However I definitely can live with H1K + Ragnarok.  So my preference, H1K + a good tube amp (and good tubes), but if budget is limited I'd spend the money on the H1K and a nice solid state, H1K provides most of the wonderful sonic qualities already without the hassle of chasing after that perfect setup to pair with the HD800.

Thanks Todd again for the opportunity.

Sounds promising for when I get to test it with my modded Eddie Current Super 7.

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #30 of 106
My AQ NightHawk review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/audioquest-nighthawk-headphones/reviews/13766

Users who are viewing this thread

Back