TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs
Aug 25, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #31 of 106
HI All,

It should be time for the headphones to move on to the next loaner participant.

Amalgamist should be shipping, if they have not already shipped, the HE1000 to JWahl

The NightHawks should be going from RiddleyWalker to wega03 any day now.

And if there is anyone who wants to sign up for the Meridian Explorer2, do it now. Otherwise the unit is headed back here and will not be returning to the loaner circuit. To sign up email me with the instructions in earlier postings.

PLEASE write your reviews of these products and if you are looking to own them, I have them in stock. Order away!

Todd

Aug 28, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #32 of 106
Hi All,

I don't quite know how to say this but the HE1000 loaner has gone missing. It was shipped to Amalgamist and he has disappeared with no contact from him. I have emailed and called but with no success. I will keep trying and try to get the headphones so you can all listen to them as promised but I cannot spare another pair for this loaner. If anyone is friends or knows Amalgamist, please ask him to get a hold of me asap so we can get this program back on track.

Todd

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #33 of 106
Wow...according to his feedback, it looks as if he may have scammed someone out of $1,500 on the classifieds too. That's not good.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #34 of 106
It maybe something happened to him, hopefully it's not health related.  From his feedbacks he sold a number of >$1K items without any issues, so no reason to ruin his reputation.  Hopefully someone on the forum who know him personally can get to him.

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #35 of 106
todd: this is terrible news. hopefully there is an explanation and this is not a case of someone taking advantage of head-fi (sponsor) generosity. please keep us updated.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #36 of 106
I had notified Todd of the members classifieds feedback prior to them being sent to him. It may actually be poor health though since his last classifieds ad speaks of selling his equipment due to health issues. Hopefully not a cover though. I know Todd had been previously ripped off once before so I really didn't want to see it happen again, especially given his generosity in providing this rare demo circuit. Hope all works out well. If they make it to me, I'll ship them tracked and insured to the next person just to be safe.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #37 of 106
Damn...the negative feedback starting all the way back in March should have been a major red flag. If I were sending out 3k worth of demo equipment the person had better have flawless feedback and been a member for more than one year minimum. I just hate to think that TTVJ has been taken advantage of, and demo tours like these will cease to exist for the honest members if this becomes a trend. It's upsetting and I wasn't even on the list!

Even if this person does have major health issues and is selling off his equipment to pay bills, they probably shouldn't be signing up for a high end headphone demo anyway. Or at least inform a family member of the situation to have them rectify it.

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #38 of 106
Hi All,

I still have not heard anything about the HE1000. And JWahl did send me a warning BUT they had already shipped to Amalgamist. He called me once when they were going to him but I have heard nothing since. I am concerned and really hope this all turns around soon. I like being able to provide some serious gear to those who are interested in it and would like to have the confidence to continue to do so. Anyway, I will keep you informed and hope for the best.

Todd

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #39 of 106
Big time bummer...  I was not even on the list for the HE-1000 but feel for those who were on the list and to Todd for a potentially big loss.

Todd I wish to thank you for being willing to share these great products with us.  Some of us do appreciate the time and apparent risk that you have taken to promote your products to us here on Head-Fi.

I hope he comes through and sends them on to the next person.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #40 of 106
This is ridiculous, it only takes one to ruin it for everyone. As much as I would love to listen to the nighthawks I feel I'm now unable to even put my name in for this program when I've the finances to seriously consider buying it. I still hope he's healthy and nothing serious has happened sure but man I hope there's a darned good reason. Please don't impact the masses for the actions of a few

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #41 of 106
Hi All,

I still have not heard anything about the HE1000. And JWahl did send me a warning BUT they had already shipped to Amalgamist. He called me once when they were going to him but I have heard nothing since. I am concerned and really hope this all turns around soon. I like being able to provide some serious gear to those who are interested in it and would like to have the confidence to continue to do so. Anyway, I will keep you informed and hope for the best.

Todd

Ahh ok. I had thought I had noticed it soon enough. I know the rest of us greatly appreciate the opportunity and hopefully some more reviews from the loaner program will start popping up at very least.

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #42 of 106
Well, things look even bleaker now... the phone number for Amalgamist is no longer in service. I will be investigating and trying to get as much info about this person and everything about this deal so I can turn it over to the police. Needless to say I am very, very disappointed. Not just for myself but also for everyone who did not got the opportunity to listen to one of the best ever headphones.

I am working out a way to bbe able to continue the HE1000 loaner program but as for the next few days it is suspended - not cancelled.

I hate thieves!!!!

Todd

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #43 of 106
Well, things look even bleaker now... the phone number for Amalgamist is no longer in service. I will be investigating and trying to get as much info about this person and everything about this deal so I can turn it over to the police. Needless to say I am very, very disappointed. Not just for myself but also for everyone who did not got the opportunity to listen to one of the best ever headphones.

I am working out a way to bbe able to continue the HE1000 loaner program but as for the next few days it is suspended - not cancelled.

I hate thieves!!!!

Todd
Man that really sucks Todd.

I hope the guy is reading this and realizes that because of the amount the HE1000 cost, he is committing a felony. Hopefully there is something circumstantial that is causing this.

Sorry you have to go through this Todd

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #44 of 106
I would also ask head-fi to give you log of his IP addresses and turn those over to the police.
Also, don't forget to ban him.

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #45 of 106
todd -- sorry to hear that the worst case has come true (theft!). the loaner program is such a great idea but of course one bad person can ruin anything. do you know what the serial number of the unit is. if so, we can be on the look out for it in any ads (ebay, craigs list, etc). i assume this person will try to sell the headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back