TTVJ Portable (Slim) / ALO Rx?
Mar 3, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #16 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So has anybody heard both the TTVJ and Rx? So far, no direct comparisons with specifics on each as the OP requested.

*curious to hear this*

heehee yes exactly... from what i heard though, the alorx is being brought in by jaben to singapore (where i live). when its down i'll go down to audition it, then ill post impressions comparing the both
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #17 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by hiphop137 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heehee yes exactly... from what i heard though, the alorx is being brought in by jaben to singapore (where i live). when its down i'll go down to audition it, then ill post impressions comparing the both
biggrin.gif

Awesome.. that would be much, much appreciated. I look forward to it.

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #18 of 62
Woa. I have 1440 horizontal resolution and your pics are rather big. Downsize to an MP makes it possible for people to appreciate what are actually good photos. Also makes it much easier to read the text instead of it spilling off the page.
Sorry, haven't heard the amps.

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #19 of 62
to add further into the discussion, is the ttvj shielded against rf signals? I've heard that the rx isnt and that it goes berserk when used with an iphone. I'm an iphone user myself, so it is a very important criterion in choosing my new next gen portable amp.

if it is, then i'm sold
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woa. I have 1440 horizontal resolution and your pics are rather big. Downsize to an MP makes it possible for people to appreciate what are actually good photos. Also makes it much easier to read the text instead of it spilling off the page.
Sorry, haven't heard the amps.

downsized!

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by raikoken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to add further into the discussion, is the ttvj shielded against rf signals? I've heard that the rx isnt and that it goes berserk when used with an iphone. I'm an iphone user myself, so it is a very important criterion in choosing my new next gen portable amp.

if it is, then i'm sold
smily_headphones1.gif

well... at first, it seemed that the rf distortion sound(??) or whatever it is called was very little. then over time, it became louder... so i'd say its not exactly well shielded? give me a little more time with the amp to see if it still goes mad yup...

hmm

(btw just curious, would anyone please kindly enlighten us with a explanation of how/why the rf signals affect the amp?)

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #22 of 62
Is there an on/off "thump" with the ttvj slim? Also, does the volume adjust down to Low once you remove the 'phones -- so that you can't inadvertently have the volume too high when you replug the phones in? I'm interested in preventing blowing my eardrums out (I use UE11Pros). Also I assume the RF interference goes away if you put the iPhone into airplane mode?

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #23 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by random person /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there an on/off "thump" with the ttvj slim? Also, does the volume adjust down to Low once you remove the 'phones -- so that you can't inadvertently have the volume too high when you replug the phones in? I'm interested in preventing blowing my eardrums out (I use UE11Pros). Also I assume the RF interference goes away if you put the iPhone into airplane mode?

yes theres the on/off thump, but it isnt very loud till it blows your ears off.. hahaa

when u remove the phones, the volume dosent adjust down. but u can easily tell at what volume the amp is at by looking at the colour of the LED in the middle of it. Red < Orange < Yellow < Green < Blue < Pink < Violet (softest to loudest).

well... given that u use customs, im sure u dont need to turn your volume up that much as compared to others who dont use customs
biggrin.gif

RF interference does not show itself that much, but if it does it is not really that loud.
However, in crowded public places, im sure that you'd want to try keep your amp in the lowest pocket possible though. hahah

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #24 of 62
Thanks for the info!!

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #25 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by random person /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info!!

welcome
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #26 of 62
hmmm just for discussions sake and to keep this topic alive, anyone reading this has auditioned / heard / owned / owns the ttvj before? care to share their impressions? ill share mine when i have the time to critically listen and write about it
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #27 of 62
Just received my TTVJ slim to day to replace my Shadow, which i found too dark. I compared the Shadow, Pico Slim and the TTVJ slim at the Boston meet, and found that the Pico and Shadow had similar characteristics, both excellent, maybe a little better definition with the Pico. However, Ir eally liked the TTVJ, crystal clear, great midrange and very dynamic. Headphonia also had the review and comparison mentioned earlier int eh thread. But so far I find the TTVJ a reall winner. However, have not heard the ALORx so can't give you a comparison to that.

Mar 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #28 of 62
Same here, just got it from the mail to replace my RSA Shadow. what a wonderful sounding amp.

Lee, do you use 0 gain with JH13?

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you mean a gain of 1. Think of gain as a multiplier. 0 gain means you turned it off
smily_headphones1.gif

The Gain level on TTVJ slim is 0 dB, 10dB, and 20dB
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back