TTVJ Portable (Slim) / ALO Rx?
Mar 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you get a used one then? There hasn't been a single TTVJ for sale used, but the Rx comes up for sale pretty often, and JP says it's his favorite amp for you specific phones. Then if it's not to your liking, you won't loose anything and you can get a TTVJ new.

Nice tip, never crossed my mind to try that route! thankyou
beerchug.gif

I take it all those ALO RX's for sale though are the same people going for a TTVJ or Pico Slim perhaps?

I take it you meant "JH" as in Jerry Harvey and not "JP" ?
If so i guess that does say something as i suppose Jerry gets to try them all i would of thought and i would not go wrong if golden ears Mr.Harvey likes the sound of the RX with the 13's.

Will lurk around the sale threads and see what comes up.

Thanks again
wink_face.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty sure he meant JP as in JP11801, the organizer for the last canjam (LA) and CanJam at RMAF.

Oh
redface.gif
My mistake, should of twigged when he said JP!

Still will pursue a second hand RX if the price is right come the time, will be a good way to try my first portable amp.

Wish we had canjams in the UK
frown.gif
- or am i wrong on that one as well!
wink.gif

Cheers anyway grawk for pointing that out anyway...

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #49 of 62
Very happy with my RX and Edition 8 combo. I have owned the Lisa III, Iqube and Zim SMIV. To me this sounds a level better. Now if the TTVJ is close or better, I will buy one.

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #50 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very happy with my RX and Edition 8 combo. I have owned the Lisa III, Iqube and Zim SMIV. To me this sounds a level better. Now if the TTVJ is close or better, I will buy one.

Reassuring to hear John2e, do you happen to know if the RX could be ample to listen with a pair of K702's by any chance, just curious, would be icing on the cake if a portable amp was able to do that.

The Pico slim does not come into the mix for you then as you mention the TTVJ amp?

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif

a level better than the Lisa III? in terms of portability, its a definite yes..
but how about sound wise? haha i'd be super duper pleased if it indeed were true, is it?
L3000.gif
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #53 of 62

Quote:
if there's any TTVJ slim user here can help me with this.
I wonder if there's any sound degradtion when switching to higher gain?
Or it only provides a larger voltage?

I have not observed any sound degradation, but there is an impact of reduced battery life with higher gain settings.  I have verified this with Todd Green.

May 27, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #56 of 62
I recently purchase the TTVJ Slim and oddly I'm not hearing any dicernable difference when listening amped or unamped. I'm starting to wonder if my unit is defective, though I doubt it.

May 27, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #57 of 62

Quote:
I recently purchase the TTVJ Slim and oddly I'm not hearing any dicernable difference when listening amped or unamped. I'm starting to wonder if my unit is defective, though I doubt it.

What phones are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back