TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 19, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #724 of 1,206
Still waiting...damn

I emailed Penonaudio. They say that everything that went out the same time as my order was delivered or is at the local post office of the people who ordered theirs.

Mine are probably either lost at sea, or there's an a-hole customs guy jamming them as I type this.

Wonderful...

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #725 of 1,206
  Still waiting...damn

I emailed Penonaudio. They say that everything that went out the same time as my order was delivered or is at the local post office of the people who ordered theirs.

Mine are probably either lost at sea, or there's an a-hole customs guy jamming them as I type this.

Wonderful...

i was with that impression too, custom guys jamming my T2. lets hope not. i will order the titan next month.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #726 of 1,206
  Ok, here is a quick question for anyone. How many vent holes are there on the T2's. I'm super busy and can't take the time to search right now. I seem to recall there were 2, but not sure.

2! 100%  i took them on my commute today and definitely found them to isolate less and less as i took the tape off the vents (i had them covered) naturally! 

so in its stock form, definitely not for subway purposes, unless you WANT to hear conversations around you (which is always good for safety reasons)... in case someone is hijacking the train, it'd be nice to know beforehand 
wink_face.gif

with all the vents covered the isolation was surprisingly good, almost on par with my vsonic vsd3s... yes i'm the weirdo on the subway that swapped earphones! call me crazy!

2 vents, 100% positive.  From one Engineer to another, I spent some time with magnifying glass searching for the second one as well and... missed it.  Thank God Tom22 posted a detailed picture in his reply: http://www.head-fi.org/t/746647/ttpod-t2-hybrid-iems/450#post_11227777

@twister6 haha thank you so much for the props twister!, i should have taken a better picture for that second mod, but my hand was shaking like no tomorrow! that was the best picture out of the 3 i took!
This vent is the vent to mod if you want more bass, more punches. Yes, it is very balanced and flat, and totally emphasized onto mid and high. The T2 is unique in its own right, but bass is too analytical....not sexy enough, and or fun enough. If you cover this vent up, you will have much more quality, but still, it can't compare to IM-70 in this department, where as IM-70 can't compare in forward mid, high, details vs T2. However the Sound Soul S-018 satisfy me both in fast, punchy, quality bass with body together with foward mid and non sibilant highs, s-018 has it downside, but for the price, you just can't argue with it. I am debating myself whether to keep T2 or return it.

oddly enough today i tried taping vent #2, and it seem to reduce the treble (maybe i'm imagining it) it made them darker sounding.

not sure how this makes sense, cause i thought the dynamic is only responsible for the bass and the two BA are for the mids and treble.

will need more listening hm... lets not jump ship yet boys! its only a few days since we got it (at least for me anyway) i need more time with them! this is certainly an interesting one

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #727 of 1,206
I have been trying to analyze them both in the pass couple hours on a couple songs. This gets a bit harder than I thought. I will try to put into general findings between these two. The main differences would be

IM70: warmer, more smooth, more extensions, more soundstage, more natural on low frequencies, more beautiful low. Less fatiguing
T2: brighter, less smooth, less extensions, less soundstage, but more mid and high details, more beautiful high. More fatiguing

T2 low: tight, less extension, shorter sub-bass, tighter punch. I guess this is due to the fast decay, the bass doesn't have the sexy full body as the IM70. The T2 bass is more analytical

T2 mid: very well layered, detailed and too forward, kinda like in your face forward, not as smooth as IM70 here, but more details to stand out, and this is where it gets more fatiguing on long listening. With IM70 you can totally relax and still enjoy mid range enough, but it is just too smooth, and as if you was to relax you will get that kind of immersive and wide soundstage here. Together with the sexy full body and extensions of low frequencies, it is just very musical. Back to the T2, I had to say listening to the T2 with it more mid emphasized, I had to be on like defensive mode listening, this is where it get more fatiguing. The T2 however brings out much more details in mid with shorter extensions, it is just too analytical, accurate.

T2 high: very detailed, while being on the brighter side of IEMS, it doesn't get the sibilant, and surprisingly the high extensions are quiet more presenting. This is the strongest point of the T2 overall. Due to this unique brightness the high coporates well with the mid to bring out more details from mid and highs without the sibilant. But listening on the edge gets fatiguing
mad.gif

Soundstage : T2 feels like you are taking place of the microphone, everything will be around you. I guess you can say narrow soundstage, but you get the details very nicely
IM-70 feels like you are sitting in a live concert. I guess you can say wider soundstage, but some details does get veiled up, unless you look for it.

Conclusion: These two are too different to choose one or another. They both have done well for their designs. Why? With BA it is hard to get smooth and detailed highs, and T2 does too well. With Dual Dynamic, it is hard to get detailed mids, and highs, but IM-70 just do too well. But being a hybrid T2 is lacking out from that Bass, where as IM-70 does not lack behind in the mid and high frequencies. My hat is off toward IM-70 on a well thought design and signature from Dual Dynamic, where as I feel like T2 have room to improve their Hybrid especially in the low frequencies, and the extensions

For below 150$ budget, both of these are very nicely designed, and beautiful sounding. Only too different, IM-70 is more musical and enjoyable with sexy bass. T2 is too detaileds and analytical with strong mid and smooth high. But if you decided to have both, neither will disappoint you in their different signatures and in their own uniqueness. But if you want to keep 1 and kick the other, it is a no brainier to keep IM-70 in my personal opinion.

Both T2 and IM70 are modded. T2 with vents mod, and IM70 with filters removed, using T500 tips.

Analytical bass,emphasized forward mids,very detailed highs totally a signature i'm looking for and i'm not joking. A question though, how is the instrument separation and do the vocals sound natural or artificial??

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #728 of 1,206
  Analytical bass,emphasized forward mids,very detailed highs totally a signature i'm looking for and i'm not joking. A question though, how is the instrument separation and do the vocals sound natural or artificial??

very good separation and very good placement too... and vocals are the best part of these guys by far, they have a intimate, a bit of the leaner side but very clean

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #729 of 1,206
  very good separation and very good placement too... and vocals are the best part of these guys by far, they have a intimate, a bit of the leaner side but veryT

Thanks for the info~ ordered one from penonaudio right away after reading what you said. I think these earphones will probably suit my tastes since i like balanced, detailed sound and seems like these earphones will sound really good when listening to female vocals. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #730 of 1,206
  Thanks for the info~ ordered one from penonaudio right away after reading what you said. I think these earphones will probably suit my tastes since i like balanced, detailed sound and seems like these earphones will sound really good when listening to female vocals. 
tongue_smile.gif

Same here, exciting!! it will be. I dont want it to be fun, go hard at details and clarity.

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #732 of 1,206
I have ordered mine's last week.
I Wish it offers what it is been judged here, detailed, flat response, not bass centric...
I wish.....
I think it is going to be a great pair of iems, just not for bass head or funny sound fans...

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #733 of 1,206
  Still waiting...damn

Wonderful...

Usps seems like it is definitely taking its sweet time to deliver. Mine looks like they finally just arrived at my local post office. So I can finally get them tomorrow but not until I get back from work and school 
frown.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 20, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #734 of 1,206
  Usps seems like it is definitely taking its sweet time to deliver. Mine looks like they finally just arrived at my local post office. So I can finally get them tomorrow but not until I get back from work and school 
frown.gif

you wrok at school or you go to school and work too? leave that. mine will arrive soon, 2-3 days may be but it has already taken 13 days.

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #735 of 1,206

Vocal and instrument from mid to high are very deep and wide, very smooth, very natural. Especially organ, guitar, violin, flute, piano, all are very well presented with depth and very natural. This is where T2 does excel. If you dont mind that bass, but you are clean and accurate bass folk, you would love the T2.

There is a noticable different from outa the box vs burn in. The bass outa the box is like ....non existed, after 70 hours burn in, and it comes out better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back