TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 19, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #706 of 1,206
Ok, here is a quick question for anyone. How many vent holes are there on the T2's. I'm super busy and can't take the time to search right now. I seem to recall there were 2, but not sure.

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #708 of 1,206
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
The Fidue A83 is another IEM that uses two BA drivers and one dynamic driver. But, it is a higher-end product.
I wonder how these two compare?

I think that the A83 just slays.
not only because of its sound signature
but also because of its build quality
which makes it an all around great value

Well considering the design alone from T2 vs A83. T2 Is bigger, no detachable cable, 83 better looking. Design alone A83 is worth having. Considering SQ, after spending 100$ on T2, you will probably be spending another 150$ to see what is missing in the T2...then you are right on A83 alone in pricing.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #709 of 1,206
2 vents on each bud

@Whitigir You're positive? Well if that's the case then it may explain why I have so much bass and mine sound so well balanced. I only have 1(one) vent hole directly above the Dynamic. There are no others. I'm an Engineer and I looked at these things underneath a high powered vision system today at work. There is only 1(one) vent hole and I was able to see through it to one of the filter screens on the Dynamic. That is all; I looked over the whole device and only found (1)one.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #710 of 1,206
 @Whitigir You're positive? Well if that's the case then it may explain why I have so much bass and mine sound so well balanced. I only have 1(one) vent hole directly above the Dynamic. There are no others. I'm an Engineer and I looked at these things underneath a high powered vision system today at work. There is only 1(one) vent hole and I was able to see through it to one of the filter screens on the Dynamic. That is all; I looked over the whole device and only found (1)one.

Wait....so you are saying this vent is the one on the side right ? Because above the dynamic driver face, there is another one. Show me the vent you are talking about.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #711 of 1,206

@Whitigir; Sorry, Lousy picture, but maybe you can get the idea that silver section is the filter on the driver, the cameras flash accented it. That is the only place mine have a vent.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #712 of 1,206

2 vents, 100% positive.  From one Engineer to another, I spent some time with magnifying glass searching for the second one as well and... missed it.  Thank God Tom22 posted a detailed picture in his reply: http://www.head-fi.org/t/746647/ttpod-t2-hybrid-iems/450#post_11227777

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #713 of 1,206

2 vents, 100% positive.  From one Engineer to another, I spent some time with magnifying glass searching for the second one as well and... missed it.  Thank God Tom22 posted a detailed picture in his reply: http://www.head-fi.org/t/746647/ttpod-t2-hybrid-iems/450#post_11227777

@twister6, I don't believe the second one is a vent, I looked at this under 40x Mag through a trinocular scope. I can take some closer photos tomorrow using the vision system. I did see that and really brought it into magnification but there is no hole, it looks more like a snap spot when putting the shells together. If there is a hole there, then there isn't one on mine it is definitely blocked.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #714 of 1,206

@Whitigir; Sorry, Lousy picture, but maybe you can get the idea that silver section is the filter on the driver, the cameras flash accented it. That is the only place mine have a vent.

This vent is the vent to mod if you want more bass, more punches. Yes, it is very balanced and flat, and totally emphasized onto mid and high. The T2 is unique in its own right, but bass is too analytical....not sexy enough, and or fun enough. If you cover this vent up, you will have much more quality, but still, it can't compare to IM-70 in this department, where as IM-70 can't compare in forward mid, high, details vs T2. However the Sound Soul S-018 satisfy me both in fast, punchy, quality bass with body together with foward mid and non sibilant highs, s-018 has it downside, but for the price, you just can't argue with it. I am debating myself whether to keep T2 or return it.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #715 of 1,206
@twister6
, I don't believe the second one is a vent, I looked at this under 40x Mag through a trinocular scope. I can take some closer photos tomorrow using the vision system. I did see that and really brought it into magnification but there is no hole, it looks more like a snap spot when putting the shells together.

It is a vent, there is also another similar plastic snap on the side under another cut, and that is not a vent. They are very confusing

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #716 of 1,206
This vent is the vent to mod if you want more bass, more punches. Yes, it is very balanced and flat, and totally emphasized onto mid and high. The T2 is unique in its own right, but bass is too analytical....not sexy enough, and or fun enough. If you cover this vent up, you will have much more quality, but still, it can't compare to IM-70 in this department, where as IM-70 can't compare in forward mid, high, details vs T2. However the Sound Soul S-018 satisfy me both in fast, punchy, quality bass with body together with foward mid and non sibilant highs. I am debating myself whether to keep T2 or return it.

Mine have just as much bass as my IM-70's, I'm not kidding.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #717 of 1,206

@twister6, I don't believe the second one is a vent, I looked at this under 40x Mag through a trinocular scope. I can take some closer photos tomorrow using the vision system. I did see that and really brought it into magnification but there is no hole, it looks more like a snap spot when putting the shells together. If there is a hole there, then there isn't one on mine it is definitely blocked.

From Justin's pictures, look closer relative to Tom's pictures, definitely a side vent.

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #719 of 1,206

From Justin's pictures, look closer relative to Tom's pictures, definitely a side vent.

I just went in and looked at it with a lighted magnifier, there is a vent there with a small filter, it looked like it was closed off at work, probably the angle. I never said I didn't believe it wasn't there, just not on mine. Thanks for the time though. Mine do have a lot of bass, thus the reason I'm not modding them. I am going to set these up on my Nikon Vision System tomorrow though I want to insert a small pin gauge and get a picture. I'm a little anal retentive sometimes.

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #720 of 1,206

I just went in and looked at it with a lighted magnifier, there is a vent there with a small filter, it looked like it was closed off at work, probably the angle. I never said I didn't believe it wasn't there, just not on mine. Thanks for the time though. Mine do have a lot of bass, thus the reason I'm not modding them. I am going to set these up on my Nikon Vision System tomorrow though I want to insert a small pin gauge and get a picture. I'm a little anal retentive sometimes.

Need 50+ hrs of burn in for the bass to settle in, this is a dynamic driver after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back