TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 19, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #691 of 1,206
Lowest cost hybrids that are decent and have good bass and clear highs are the DUNU DNK 900, T-PEOS H-100j, and Astrotec AX-30, and Sony XBA-H2. These are your ONLY options in the $150 and below hybrid market. That and the T2 lol
Originaly I was going to go for the RHA T10i as for I heard good reviews at the start but now not so many good reviews, so I decided to try hybrid iems I may be able to push it to $200 and I recently discovered the Rock Jaw Kommand & the sound signature seems to my likings, balanced and optional tuning filters so im going to do some research on them but currently not finding much info, so does anyone know anything about them?

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #692 of 1,206
You poor soul.....only a few posts and we already doubled your budget :/

Anyways! I checked out more reviews, and based on your music preferences, dunu dn1000 is your best bet (metal housings probably suck in winter, 10 degrees outside and sticking that in your ear DAYUM)

If you wanna save $100 though, A71 or Kef m200 would be your best bet.

Or.....if you want.....cowon EH2 available on amazon for $160, it doesnt have much exposure, but seems interesting. Was described as a 2.1 system, which would be sick for rap

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #693 of 1,206
Originaly I was going to go for the RHA T10i as for I heard good reviews at the start but now not so many good reviews, so I decided to try hybrid iems I may be able to push it to $200 and I recently discovered the Rock Jaw Kommand & the sound signature seems to my likings, balanced and optional tuning filters so im going to do some research on them but currently not finding much info, so does anyone know anything about them?

At that budget, then forget those others...the DUNU DNK1000 is the no brainer hybrid for you. Absolutely awesome, technically proficient, and with excellent bass presence and clarity. I wish I still had mine. Would love to hear them through my A15.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #694 of 1,206
You can do me one, i have an im-70 too.

I have been trying to analyze them both in the pass couple hours on a couple songs. This gets a bit harder than I thought. I will try to put into general findings between these two. The main differences would be

IM70: warmer, more smooth, more extensions, more soundstage, more natural on low frequencies, more beautiful low. Less fatiguing
T2: brighter, less smooth, less extensions, less soundstage, but more mid and high details, more beautiful high. More fatiguing

T2 low: tight, less extension, shorter sub-bass, tighter punch. I guess this is due to the fast decay, the bass doesn't have the sexy full body as the IM70. The T2 bass is more analytical

T2 mid: very well layered, detailed and too forward, kinda like in your face forward, not as smooth as IM70 here, but more details to stand out, and this is where it gets more fatiguing on long listening. With IM70 you can totally relax and still enjoy mid range enough, but it is just too smooth, and as if you was to relax you will get that kind of immersive and wide soundstage here. Together with the sexy full body and extensions of low frequencies, it is just very musical. Back to the T2, I had to say listening to the T2 with it more mid emphasized, I had to be on like defensive mode listening, this is where it get more fatiguing. The T2 however brings out much more details in mid with shorter extensions, it is just too analytical, accurate.

T2 high: very detailed, while being on the brighter side of IEMS, it doesn't get the sibilant, and surprisingly the high extensions are quiet more presenting. This is the strongest point of the T2 overall. Due to this unique brightness the high coporates well with the mid to bring out more details from mid and highs without the sibilant. But listening on the edge gets fatiguing :mad:

Soundstage : T2 feels like you are taking place of the microphone, everything will be around you. I guess you can say narrow soundstage, but you get the details very nicely
IM-70 feels like you are sitting in a live concert. I guess you can say wider soundstage, but some details does get veiled up, unless you look for it.

Conclusion: These two are too different to choose one or another. They both have done well for their designs. Why? With BA it is hard to get smooth and detailed highs, and T2 does too well. With Dual Dynamic, it is hard to get detailed mids, and highs, but IM-70 just do too well. But being a hybrid T2 is lacking out from that Bass, where as IM-70 does not lack behind in the mid and high frequencies. My hat is off toward IM-70 on a well thought design and signature from Dual Dynamic, where as I feel like T2 have room to improve their Hybrid especially in the low frequencies, and the extensions

For below 150$ budget, both of these are very nicely designed, and beautiful sounding. Only too different, IM-70 is more musical and enjoyable with sexy bass. T2 is too detaileds and analytical with strong mid and smooth high. But if you decided to have both, neither will disappoint you in their different signatures and in their own uniqueness. But if you want to keep 1 and kick the other, it is a no brainier to keep IM-70 in my personal opinion.

Both T2 and IM70 are modded. T2 with vents mod, and IM70 with filters removed, using T500 tips.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #695 of 1,206
At that budget, then forget those others...the DUNU DNK1000 is the no brainer hybrid for you. Absolutely awesome, technically proficient, and with excellent bass presence and clarity. I wish I still had mine. Would love to hear them through my A15.
. I've been looking at them but I think I might want a balanced sound instead with a bit of a bass emphasis, im still looking at the Rock Jaw Kommand and with all honesty I really am liking the looks of them, but theres only one review on Head Fi

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #696 of 1,206
And here is a god dang freaked kicker. After the last couple hours reviewing T2 vs IM-70....I thought I would rest my ears, but I went and picked up my S-018, what do I know ? That satisfaction in low-mid-high....the S-018 is too enjoyable, i would pick up this S-018 all day long.....

Sheesh...I may even return the T2 and use the money toward a real pair of headphones which surpass my S-018 in some way....like FX750/850...

I guess, if you want to enjoy hi-if music from your portable phone directly while being on a budget. Nothing beats S-018....yet.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #697 of 1,206

Anyways! I checked out more reviews, and based on your music preferences, dunu dn1000 is your best bet (metal housings probably suck in winter, 10 degrees outside and sticking that in your ear DAYUM)

Or.....if you want.....cowon EH2 available on amazon for $160, it doesnt have much exposure, but seems interesting. Was described as a 2.1 system, which would be sick for rap
. Ok I decided on my two choices, the Dunu DN-1000 or the Rock Jaw Kommand. Im going to be honest I prefer how the Kommands look and I really do like that they have optional filters and the build quality looks very very good but I havent found many reviews. The Dunu have great reviews but they need a good fit to sound the best so im stuck between the two :/ and the Rock Jaw are cheaper so that kinda make me lean towards them more

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #698 of 1,206
. Ok I decided on my two choices, the Dunu DN-1000 or the Rock Jaw Kommand. Im going to be honest I prefer how the Kommands look and I really do like that they have optional filters and the build quality looks very very good but I havent found many reviews. The Dunu have great reviews but they need a good fit to sound the best so im stuck between the two :/ and the Rock Jaw are cheaper so that kinda make me lean towards them more

The DUNU come with sound adjustment rings, so many tips that you are bound to have one tip that fits and sounds best, and this coming from a guy with major fit issues with most of his IEMs, the DUNU 1K are very short housing, that fit really nicely despite the all metal housing, and are surprisingly light for being sturdy all metal housing. Built like a tank. Plus the sound is amazeballz!!!

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #699 of 1,206
I respect the opinions on here, but ultimately I need to hear it to draw a conclusion.

I have to throw different sources and tips at them, see if I can maximize the capabilities of them, and draw a conclusion of them myself. The only problem is I don't have them. Aliexpress stuff makes it to U.S. soil faster than these. Honestly, makes me wonder if these were lost.

And I for one cannot wait for your impressions, I hope you get them soon. Meanwhile I am loving the sound of these( for my ears only, you may not hear what I do)btw I am uding double flange large tips.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #700 of 1,206
  I think we're talking about different things. I was looking at the driver itself. There's often a small hole in the backplate for venting. Doesn't mean there isn't one under the glass board but it generally has a corresponding center hole.

There is a vent hole right over the Dynamic Driver.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #701 of 1,206

Agreed A71 will fit the bill for him. Also XBA-H1,ATH-IM70

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #702 of 1,206
Makes sense, back to the T2s! Or more like waiting for the T2s.

I won't say it is rare but it certainly isn't uncommon when certain iems get a lot of hype that a whole bunch of threads get flooded with people just talking about it. The Ostry kc06 last year kinda had the same thing happen, the Zero audio tenore definitely for a little while, and kinda recently there was just a lot of talk about the soundsoul s-018 albeit that was rather just in the Chinese/Asian brand thread.

To some degree those hyped up iems had their own merits though I feel some of what people said were rather over blown. Who knows the Duoza might be that super special iem that slays all its way or in a month or two we may do the same dance with hyping the newest fotm.

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #703 of 1,206
Sub $150 you say? Other guy just recommended like $200-300 headphones, probably useless info for you. Here are my current considerations:

Fidue A71 (~100)
Kef m200 (~100 depending on where you go)
Ath CKR7 (~130)
Ath IM50 (under 100)

Pretty sure all of these would work, but the reviews of the a71 seem to fit your preference the best
I just got im50 two days ago. Perfect? no
Am I loving them? yes!

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #704 of 1,206
The Fidue A83 is another IEM that uses two BA drivers and one dynamic driver. But, it is a higher-end product.
I wonder how these two compare?

I think that the A83 just slays.
not only because of its sound signature
but also because of its build quality
which makes it an all around great value

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #705 of 1,206
The A83 is a monster, and one of the most finely tuned hybrids on the market, but it's had some QC issues and more fit issues. Definitely a great value though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back