TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 19, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #679 of 1,206
I've just never seen this kind of advertising bombardment before on Head-fi.. could be exclusive to the budget iem from China thread?

I won't say it is rare but it certainly isn't uncommon when certain iems get a lot of hype that a whole bunch of threads get flooded with people just talking about it. The Ostry kc06 last year kinda had the same thing happen, the Zero audio tenore definitely for a little while, and kinda recently there was just a lot of talk about the soundsoul s-018 albeit that was rather just in the Chinese/Asian brand thread.

To some degree those hyped up iems had their own merits though I feel some of what people said were rather over blown. Who knows the Duoza might be that super special iem that slays all its way or in a month or two we may do the same dance with hyping the newest fotm.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 19, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #680 of 1,206
Whats a very good hybrid iem, that will have bass that rumbles but still stays very clear? My budget is $150 dollars but would prefer to spend $100 :). I want a earphone that can compete with iems twice or three times the priced and I mainly listen to edm,rap,dubstep & hard dance. So I need something very energetic and fun sounding but at the same time clear and detaild.

With your sub $100 budget you can look for t-peos dual hybrids with little more $s added if needed be......on the other hand, if you can add that $100 on top of your $150, there are Dunu DN1000 (dnk/dn1k in short), with some more $$ added, you can find Dunu dn2000 & Fidue A83 and these are triple hybrids.....there are two (2) other models namely t-peos Altones 200 & Astrotec AX60,but cld'nt succeed as the other models......I wld highly recommend referring their respective threads whether it fits your SS you lookin for....see if you grab older models like H200/300 of T-peos, like used,on ebay,discount deals etc....

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #682 of 1,206
Perhaps the desire to have a hybrid or certain type of iem is too strong in some. Plenty of VG single driver IEMs that get less wrong than many of the multi drivers. 

True and Agreed.....well,on the very good single driver iems success - thats due to the triple hybrid models being offered by mfrs are very handful against the huge models available on single drivers.......And comparitively I wld say the failure rates on the triple (even double for that matter) hybrids are very very less to single dynamic, imho........

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #683 of 1,206
How is the build? And what other iems would you recomend?

Sub $150 you say? Other guy just recommended like $200-300 headphones, probably useless info for you. Here are my current considerations:

Fidue A71 (~100)
Kef m200 (~100 depending on where you go)
Ath CKR7 (~130)
Ath IM50 (under 100)

Pretty sure all of these would work, but the reviews of the a71 seem to fit your preference the best

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #684 of 1,206

Well, at the risk of twister6 saying "I told you so" I've fallen out of love with my T2 as well....much to admire, especially the intimate mids, but ultimately after spending more time with my A83's, the lack of sub-bass, soundstage and sparkle has the T2's packaged for RMA. The channel confusion also didn't inspire great build confidence, and I had one channel go out briefly although only for a few seconds.

In the same price range, can anyone comment on the dual hybrid BGVP DGS100? Or is the double dynamic Douza the object of desire at this price point?

Yeah, comparing to A83 can ruin your listening experience :)  Still my top recommendation choice for 3-way hybrid.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #685 of 1,206
It could be the side vent that they are using for this ? Dont you think, there is a side vent closer to the dynamic driver, and when i tried taping it up, there was a slight boost acrossmthe whole spectrum, very slight

I think we're talking about different things. I was looking at the driver itself. There's often a small hole in the backplate for venting. Doesn't mean there isn't one under the glass board but it generally has a corresponding center hole.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #686 of 1,206
Sub $150 you say? Other guy just recommended like $200-300 headphones, probably useless info for you. Here are my current considerations:

Fidue A71 (~100)
Ath CKR7 (~130)
Ath IM50 (under 100)

Pretty sure all of these would work, but the reviews of the a71 seem to fit your preference the best

Dont forget im70. Since i have im70, does anyone want a brieft comparison ?

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #688 of 1,206

Fidue A71 (~100)
Ath CKR7 (~130)
Ath IM50 (under 100)

Since he specifically ask for a hybrid I don't see these suggestions being of much use either :wink:

That being said I think yours (and others) suggestions would give better sound than any sub $100 hybrid I can think of.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #690 of 1,206
Lowest cost hybrids that are decent and have good bass and clear highs are the DUNU DNK 900, T-PEOS H-100j, and Astrotec AX-30, and Sony XBA-H2. These are your ONLY options in the $150 and below hybrid market. That and the T2 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back