TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 20, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #751 of 1,206
Your pair of RE300A was obviously defective :p j/k.  We all hear things differently, use different sources, different eartips, have different ear anatomy, and partial hearing loss as we age lol!!!  That's why it's always fun to compare our "notes".

LOL +1

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #752 of 1,206

I guess we all hear things differently, cause I honestly can't relate my experience with T2 to a sound description you found with your pair :wink: Just my humble opinion, but their performance is really just average, nice clean and clear and very smooth.  But lack of soundstage width/depth, lack of detail retrieval, and a bit of a congested sound makes it just ok for my taste.  At the same time, my comparison bar is set high (and I also had higher expectations for T2).  So maybe it's unfair because in comparison to a lot of budget or other sub $100 IEMs or even dual hybrids like AX35/DGS100 - T2 really shines.  But it's far away from a giant killer or "wow factor"..  A lot of people will enjoy T2 because it's smooth and intimate, and has plenty of clarity to go around.  I'm just waiting/hoping for T2 Pro to take this to the next level with more details and better separation, though not holding my breath for improved soundstage since a design going to stay the same.

In my opinion, and I don't remember if I mentioned that before, TTPOD should have approached T2 design differently.  Initial T2 release should have been done with a better pair of BA drivers and a more balanced detailed sound sig.  T2 Pro should have been with an enhanced bass and slightly v-shaped sig.  Just my 2 cents.

@twister6  i agree with your assessment.

they don't have the same "wow factor" as the t1es which was wow the bass is emphasized but so tight and fast too, and the vocals being clean and crisp in addition to that

but they do have intimate vocals, very clean, and decently extended without any siblance or harshness and a fast and lean bass (which i think will have their appeal) plus they look just smashing! from the housing shape, colour, down to the cable =)

but yes as I stated before the expectations were so high for the t2s that it would've been nearly impossible to live up to it unfortunately

everyone wanted them to over-acheive ( who doesn't want a amazing bang for your buck right? and as a result if they didn't everyone labels them as failures, which i think is a too harsh and not fair really)

rather than comparing them to overperformers solely they should be compared to other earphones that are priced just right (like they sound like other typical $100 earphones)

i think their current price is fair.

id be interested to see how the t2 pros sound as well, i wonder if it follows suit with their previous generation, as it seems the ttpod t1e had a much larger following then the t1

again just IMO!

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #753 of 1,206
The T1e earned their place, as all high performers for the buck do, and the T2 has earned its place too, either that be as an underachiever or a decent value pair.

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #756 of 1,206
Still waiting damn...

I guess it wasn't meant to be...

If anyone sees a Chinese customs employee jamming a pair of gray and blue t2, tell him that Hisoundfi hates his guts.

I should stop watching my tracking number, it is just going to make me hate my post office. Mine arrived yesterday at the post office and now it is just sitting there with the tracking not updated with any movement. I don't expect it to come today now 
frown.gif

Guess the silver lining from this is that my vsd5 that I ordered at the same time as the T2 is taking just as long with dhl.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 20, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #757 of 1,206
I should stop watching my tracking number, it is just going to make me hate my post office. Mine arrived yesterday at the post office and now it is just sitting there with the tracking not updated with any movement. I don't expect it to come today now :frowning2:

Guess the silver lining from this is that my vsd5 that I ordered at the same time as the T2 is taking just as long with dhl.

LOL good luck, man! I spend way too much time reloading my tracking page! It's an obsession from cart to porch. :wink:

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #758 of 1,206
LOL good luck, man! I spend way too much time reloading my tracking page! It's an obsession from cart to porch. :wink:

You know? The thing is...I could forget T2 mid and high even if it is 10 to 8 compare to my s0-18, but I rather enjoy the bass on my S0-18 than T2...this is to say how good the S0-18 is...it is a giant sound quality for it size and price.

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #759 of 1,206
You know? The thing is...I could forget T2 mid and high even if it is 10 to 8 compare to my s0-18, but I rather enjoy the bass on my S0-18 than T2...this is to say how good the S0-18 is...it is a giant sound quality for it size and price.

+1

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #760 of 1,206

You weren't kidding, the S-018 is a little gem! Can't believe what I am hearing from these things

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #761 of 1,206
You weren't kidding, the S-018 is a little gem! Can't believe what I am hearing from these things

You got them. Excellent news. You are one of the lucky ones. These are getting harder to find internationally.

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #763 of 1,206
Mine are at home waiting for me!

Nice nice! Apparently according to my tracking number mine were finally delivered to me today but I don't see it anywhere. I suspect it may have been nicked out of my mail box or from my door step.

Well this sucks pretty hard. Really bummed out but I guess tomorrow I'll make a call to my post office and shoot penon an email tonight. At least I got my vsd5 in the mail so I guess that is something.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 21, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #765 of 1,206
Nice nice! Apparently according to my tracking number mine were finally delivered to me today but I don't see it anywhere. I suspect it may have been nicked out of my mail box or from my door step.

Well this sucks pretty hard. Really bummed out but I guess tomorrow I'll make a call to my post office and shoot penon an email tonight. At least I got my vsd5 in the mail so I guess that is something.

Wow...what the freak? I hope this is not it, and you will have it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back