TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Nov 9, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #1,201 of 2,099
And all of the three pairs of VSD3 + VSD3S have had connector issues. Sounds like they've started making them with fixed cables now.

That sucks to hear man. Hope you get a decent pair this time around. Usually I am the one with terrible luck when it comes to QC.

Also, is it worth owning the TTPOD T1e if one has the VSD3? Just getting the itch to try something new and its not as bad price wise as the others. The TTPODs have two main issues right? Missing bass and sub par strain relief?

Thinking of ordering one in Transparent blue, it looks so sexy in pics.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #1,202 of 2,099
I'll just leave this right here then 
wink_face.gif

Also I have had no problems with any strain reliefs, rather my problem is different from all others.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #1,204 of 2,099
Nov 9, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,205 of 2,099

That sucks to hear man. Hope you get a decent pair this time around. Usually I am the one with terrible luck when it comes to QC.

Also, is it worth owning the TTPOD T1e if one has the VSD3? Just getting the itch to try something new and its not as bad price wise as the others. The TTPODs have two main issues right? Missing bass and sub par strain relief?

Thinking of ordering one in Transparent blue, it looks so sexy in pics.

The TTPOD T1E missing bass? I think the T1E is a little bassy to be honest.
Strain reliefs are indeed sub-par, I guess. But what can you expect at $45? At least the sound isn't all that bad.
I got mine for free with my Cayin C5 
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,206 of 2,099
And all of the three pairs of VSD3 + VSD3S have had connector issues. Sounds like they've started making them with fixed cables now.

Connector issues? What do you mean?
And have they really started making them with fixed cables? I sure hope not.
I like the added feature of removable cables. I don't have a VSD3S yet, but I might buy one in the next couple of months along with the upgraded silver cable that they sell for it, just to see how good it really is.
The silver cable seems like it may be a little like a joke because it is priced at around $35 only.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #1,207 of 2,099
  The TTPOD T1E missing bass? I think the T1E is a little bassy to be honest.
Strain reliefs are indeed sub-par, I guess. But what can you expect at $45? At least the sound isn't all that bad.
I got mine for free with my Cayin C5 
biggrin.gif

IIRC some posters had anemic bass on their T1E due to a manufacturing defect. Just want to be informed about qc as I already to exchange an IEM for imbalance issues and would like to avoid problems if I could :)

Oh nice, that's a pretty sweet deal, where did you score that?

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #1,208 of 2,099
Strain relief issues killed my T1e. Upon repurchase, I plan on reinforcing the strain relief as soon as I get them out of the box.

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #1,210 of 2,099
No problems with my T1-E. Bass is present and just what I expected from reading over this thread. Some people purchased thinking they'd be basshead IEM, which they're not.

As far as T1-E vs VSD3(S) goes... T1-E is a cooler sounding earphone. VSD3S is warmer. Depends on what you're after...

The VSD3(S) I've purchased have all had intermittent cut out in one of the earpieces. To get sound back, I have to twist the connector until sound comes back. Then it happens again, and I twist again. I tried swapping cable end, and the cut out always follows the earpiece and not the cable end. Before I owned them, I thought detachable cables at this price point would be great. After owning, not so much as they've been a MAJOR PITA!!!

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #1,211 of 2,099
None of those hold a candle to the T1e. The B3 needs an amp or they sound horrible. Ostry has isolation issues, and don't have the imaging, separation, or layering of the T1e. The VSD3S are good. Very good, but can have finicky fit with certain ears, but good sound.

I for one certainly prefer the B3's and even the VSD3S over the T1E so each to his own :)

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,212 of 2,099
I for one certainly prefer the B3's and even the VSD3S over the T1E so each to his own :)

Unamped B3? Because amped B3 are technically better. Unamped B3 are run of the mill, on par with my Narmoo S1.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #1,214 of 2,099
Unamped B3? Because amped B3 are technically better. Unamped B3 are run of the mill, on par with my Narmoo S1.

Yes, unamped as well. Depending of the source ofcourse (as always) but the B3 sounds fantastic straight from the X3 and not so fantastic straight from the Clip+ (but than again not much do to my ears).

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #1,215 of 2,099
Electrical tape at the strain joint at the jack. Tight twine, and it should give it a much longer shelf life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back