TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Nov 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #1,186 of 2,099
I just returned my Havi B3 because they did not sound good unamped.

I'm looking at this and the VSD3S and I'm looking for the pair that isolates the most sound. The Havi had pretty good sound isolation but they didn't do enough. 

I need high isolation because I use them while traveling and if the Isolation is bad, the SQ really doesn't matter...

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #1,187 of 2,099

I'm looking at this and the VSD3S and I'm looking for the pair that isolates the most sound. The Havi had pretty good sound isolation but they didn't do enough. 

I need high isolation because I use them while traveling and if the Isolation is bad, the SQ really doesn't matter...

TTPOD has pretty good isolation if it seals well like the Havi, but VSD3(S) isolates more is my understanding.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #1,190 of 2,099
Hello,
I own these for about 2 moths now, they are amazing, SQ is perfect for me, they have been like friend :D. Today cable broke, lost bass drivers :frowning2: broke in, or near the jack, i can stil get it to work by twisting the cable. I ordered them from penonaudio. Please guys tell what can i do.  For my they were kinda expensive, dont want to spend money for other pair. :frowning2:

Sorry for bad english

Cheers

Nov 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #1,191 of 2,099
  Hello,
I own these for about 2 moths now, they are amazing, SQ is perfect for me, they have been like friend :D. Today cable broke, lost bass drivers :frowning2: broke in, or near the jack, i can stil get it to work by twisting the cable. I ordered them from penonaudio. Please guys tell what can i do.  For my they were kinda expensive, dont want to spend money for other pair. :frowning2:

Sorry for bad english

Cheers

You can replace the jack with a new jack, a soldering iron, and some rosin core solder.

Good luck

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #1,194 of 2,099
  Heah, thinking about that. Just aquestion wont it have any additional wires because of dual drivers ?

They probably won't, but if they do they will probably be soldered together or you should be able to easily tell them apart. There's no crossovers on the t1e they play the same through both drivers so it should be one set of wires at a standard jack, or at least I would assume so.

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #1,195 of 2,099

Traveling and commuting, finding something with ample bass is important.

I actually like a vented IEM driver with ample bass because it blocks out most sound because of the bass, and when I turn it down completely I can still hear my surroundings without having to take my phones out. I really like my DGS100 for this reason.

The T1E isolates very well with the right tip. These would be right up your alley for what you describe.

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #1,196 of 2,099
Hello everyone! I have been following this thread with a lot of interest- read all the posts on here! 
The last time I saw this kind of frenzy was for the Brainwavz M2 - that was 4 years back and I had to have them. Finally my M2s have given up and its time to get something new. 
I need your help in making my mind up now regarding how these sound. I loved the musicality of the M2s, but eventually the narrow soundstage and the lack of finer detail in the upper region + the mid bass hump got boring. So I got me a pair of PL30s by SM. 

I loved the wide soundstage on the PL30 and the relatively balanced sound, though they lacked the oomph of the M2s. My perfect set would be M2s oomph (guitars and  vocals sound amazing + the separation of instruments) and PL30s balance and wide soundstage + a bit of natural sparkle at the top. I can't stand treble harshness, though I am not a basshead too. Are there any IEms like that out there for about 60$? Or would the TTPOD T1E gimme my fix! :D

Lastly, I need my set to come with the box. Can any of you PM me a link from someone you bought from in China or HK? I'm in India, so that would be the closest, fastest and cheaper places to get from. 

Thanks for reading this! :)

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,197 of 2,099
Yes the T1e would fit your description. There is no treble harshness. It's a smooth and well extended treble. Bass is present, but not overpowering, and there is absolutely no bleed into the mids. This excludes it from being a basshead IEM. The mids are clear, sharp and edgy. Some grain, but nothing that would be a deal breaker. The sound is detailed, well layered, good timbre, and decent imaging with wide soundstage, so you can't go wrong with these as a choice.

Plus have you seen any for sale on the for sale forum? Nope. That tells you how much these are valued.

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #1,199 of 2,099
Ostry KC06
Vsonic VSD3S
Havi B3 Pro 1

None of those hold a candle to the T1e. The B3 needs an amp or they sound horrible. Ostry has isolation issues, and don't have the imaging, separation, or layering of the T1e. The VSD3S are good. Very good, but can have finicky fit with certain ears, but good sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back