TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Nov 10, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,218 of 2,099
But it'll look like **** and become sticky after a while...

So I take it that the connection to ear piece is durable?

Yeah that part seems to be.

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,219 of 2,099
Thanks for the replies here :)
I read somewhere that the VSD3S are a little hot at the top, so I am keeping away from those. The Ostrys esp the A versions sound promising, but again sibilance is something I can't deal with. The T1Es have been described as airy and extended at the top, as long as that doesn't mean ear killing treble, I am ok! 
Where are you guys getting yours from? Does DX ship them with the box? Can someone lemme know a reliable source (except LMUE and Penon). 

EDIT: Got the M2s on right now and its hard not to buy another pair again! These are so good, just wish the sound stage was wider and they were a bit more airier at the top! 

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,220 of 2,099
  Thanks for the replies here :)
I read somewhere that the VSD3S are a little hot at the top, so I am keeping away from those. The Ostrys esp the A versions sound promising, but again sibilance is something I can't deal with. The T1Es have been described as airy and extended at the top, as long as that doesn't mean ear killing treble, I am ok! 
Where are you guys getting yours from? Does DX ship them with the box? Can someone lemme know a reliable source (except LMUE and Penon). 

EDIT: Got the M2s on right now and its hard not to buy another pair again! These are so good, just wish the sound stage was wider and they were a bit more airier at the top! 

i almost pulled trigger on ostrys, but based on what i've read, they have less bass than T1E and smaller soundstage.  plus t1e are almost half the price.  i got my T1e for $34 shipped via DX.  yes they came in sealed plastic wrapped stock TTPOD box.  

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #1,222 of 2,099
Ordered from the Aliexpress 11/11 sale. Cost just a shade under $30. The listing doesn't mention TTPOD, but the seller was online and took all my questions satisfactorily. Below's the link, pls edit it out if its against the board rules. Now the wait begins! 
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-3-5mm-In-Ear-dj-Earphone-for-Iphone-IPOD-Samsung-HTC-Xiaomi-earbuds-bass-noise/2020850667.html  

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,224 of 2,099
^^ These are the T1-E. The specs page says so, and I also confirmed with the seller before placing the order- he was  quick to answer all my questions. He's sending the box too!

There was another seller who had these listed for $20 with 168 orders. No feedback and none shipped. My guy had a couple of feedbacks and some Canadian guy bought 10 pieces before me from him.  
Bit of a gamble, we'll find out in 3 weeks :p Btw, are there any reported fakes for the tittypods so far? 

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #1,226 of 2,099
Quick question, whats the sub bass like on the t1e? In terms of quantity and extension?

Thanks
some of the best I've ever heard. It's forward in quantity, but not overwhelming, and it extends as low as you can hear with equal amounts of punch and rumble. It is also very fast in attack and decay.

I've heard hundreds of iems, earbuds and headphones and these might be number one in terms of bass quality IMHO

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #1,227 of 2,099
some of the best I've ever heard. It's forward in quantity, but not overwhelming, and it extends as low as you can hear with equal amounts of punch and rumble. It is also very fast in attack and decay.

I've heard hundreds of iems, earbuds and headphones and these might be number one in terms of bass quality IMHO

+1, even I love the bass on these :wink:

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #1,228 of 2,099

+1, even I love the bass on these
wink.gif

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys! I value sub bass more than mid bass these days as I have got into Deep House recently as its got quite popular here in the UK for a while now but I'm hooked on the genre lol!
DnB has always been my "staple-diet" genre so hopefully the T1Es will satisfy my sub bass needs. From what you guys are saying, I think it will.

And I also hope they will stand up to being driven with power from the E18, not just bass, but well separated mids and nice airy treble.

Ah, why am I procrastinating so much lol?! I'm going for them :)

Thanks also to Guggga for the heads up with that link :)

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #1,229 of 2,099
How would these compare to say the Sony XBA-3's?

I lost my pair a while ago and have been since looking for a replacement. Currently I use my sony xb 500's that use 40 ohms of power but I'm able to drive it plenty loud with my samsung s3 so I don't think the T1-E will have any problem getting juice. 

I already pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of these, for 50 bucks how could I say no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back