TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Nov 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #1,172 of 2,099
I'm in the market for an IEM upgrade from the Steelseries Flux In-Ear. 

I've narrowed down my choices to pretty much these and the JVC HA-FXT90. Can anyone compare the two? Maybe to the Steelseries buds too.

Thanks!

It's very hard to compare the T1e and FXT90. Two completely different beasts. The FXT90 takes hundreds of hours, and I literally mean HUNDREDS of hours to break in and soften the carbon nanotube drivers. The upside to this is the treble is one of the most DELICIOUS of any IEM available out there. The timbre, extension, and edge is so accurate and sublime. This is where it ends though. The mids are recessed and have a very THICK note presentation, so instrument separation is less than even some budget fare from KZ and Philips. The bass is VERY deep, but not that tight. It's a good bass presence, and can get jaw rattling when called upon, but it lacks texture and control. I guess this is why they came out with the 100, 200 ect. The T1e has much more "artificial" highs, but it's not a bad thing, just not as accurate or sublime as the FTX90. Clarity, mid presence and quality is greater on the T1e, as is the imaging, soundstage and the 3D presentation is just better on the T1e. The bass is considerable less in quantity and impact with the T1e. Quality leans towards the T1e, but sub bass and mid bass quantity and impact/thump is clearly in the FXT90 camp. Fit and micro phonics are pretty much equal. FTX90 wins in build quality. You rarely hear about issues with the cord, wiring, and driver failure with the FXT90. The T1e on the other hand, has definite QC issues with the strain relief at the jack. At the end of the day, as long as you aren't some die hard basshead with the need for BOOM BOOM BOOM, then the T1e is just a better tuned, clearer, more engaging listen. The FTX90 is superior for classical music, country music, acoustic music, or in general any music that requires excellent and realistic timbre and speed. T1e for general music listening and just a fun presentation. Good luck and hope your choice is the right one for you?

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #1,173 of 2,099
Ah, he who must not be named. Aka, "you know who." The Dark Lord . . .

I see what you did there. 
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #1,174 of 2,099
It's very hard to compare the T1e and FXT90. Two completely different beasts. The FXT90 takes hundreds of hours, and I literally mean HUNDREDS of hours to break in and soften the carbon nanotube drivers. The upside to this is the treble is one of the most DELICIOUS of any IEM available out there. The timbre, extension, and edge is so accurate and sublime. This is where it ends though. The mids are recessed and have a very THICK note presentation, so instrument separation is less than even some budget fare from KZ and Philips. The bass is VERY deep, but not that tight. It's a good bass presence, and can get jaw rattling when called upon, but it lacks texture and control. I guess this is why they came out with the 100, 200 ect. The T1e has much more "artificial" highs, but it's not a bad thing, just not as accurate or sublime as the FTX90. Clarity, mid presence and quality is greater on the T1e, as is the imaging, soundstage and the 3D presentation is just better on the T1e. The bass is considerable less in quantity and impact with the T1e. Quality leans towards the T1e, but sub bass and mid bass quantity and impact/thump is clearly in the FXT90 camp. Fit and micro phonics are pretty much equal. FTX90 wins in build quality. You rarely hear about issues with the cord, wiring, and driver failure with the FXT90. The T1e on the other hand, has definite QC issues with the strain relief at the jack. At the end of the day, as long as you aren't some die hard basshead with the need for BOOM BOOM BOOM, then the T1e is just a better tuned, clearer, more engaging listen. The FTX90 is superior for classical music, country music, acoustic music, or in general any music that requires excellent and realistic timbre and speed. T1e for general music listening and just a fun presentation. Good luck and hope your choice is the right one for you?

Can confirm. Pretty much exactly how I would describe FXT90. I did remember the treble on the FXT90 to be really edgy and sibilant on some tracks when I first bought it, but give it some time and it can sound lovely and become really smooth. So if you are thinking of getting the FXT90, try to give it some time.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #1,181 of 2,099
The main difference is the new FXT's are titanium drivers, not the now played out carbon nanotube.

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #1,182 of 2,099
TTPOD T1E Is dope, just saying.

Bass is fabulous. It's the perfect blend of volume, speed, texture, tone, extension, depth, and punch IMHO.

The mids are decent with solid imaging.

Treble is formidable, but probably the least impressive of all three categories.

They play everything very well. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1,183 of 2,099
the t1e is far superior because....it's price has gone down so much? lol
fxt90 is still around 75 greenbacks
im on a tight tight budget as a student so from my perspective t1e instantly takes the win in this comparison
but it hasn't come in the mail yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back