TRN impressions thread
Jul 16, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #2,867 of 3,805
Just posted my BA8 review and video for those interested. An interesting IEM but feels lacking when it comes to accessories considering the MSRP.

DSC03068_result.jpg

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #2,868 of 3,805
I received my BT20S Pro and for $35 it is a very good BT solution. Comfortable on ears, sound is neat and since I don't own many sensitive IEMs so I'm not facing any noise related issues as well. Although, power is slightly on the lower side when compared to all BT20 series modules, but it's more cleaner and accurate sounding. In sales, if it goes below $40, I'd definitely say purchase them in a heartbeat. Impossible to find such a good BT adapter for $40 or less.

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #2,869 of 3,805
I received my BT20S Pro and for $35 it is a very good BT solution. Comfortable on ears, sound is neat and since I don't own many sensitive IEMs so I'm not facing any noise related issues as well. Although, power is slightly on the lower side when compared to all BT20 series modules, but it's more cleaner and accurate sounding. In sales, if it goes below $40, I'd definitely say purchase them in a heartbeat. Impossible to find such a good BT adapter for $40 or less.
I have had my BT20s Pros for about 8 months now and love them. I just wish the mic on them was a bit better. But for music, they sound great, I have all three detachable arm options, but use my cca ckx the most with them right now, what are you using yours with?

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #2,870 of 3,805
I have had my BT20s Pros for about 8 months now and love them. I just wish the mic on them was a bit better. But for music, they sound great, I have all three detachable arm options, but use my cca ckx the most with them right now, what are you using yours with?
I too have got all three pins. Currently I'm using them with Tin Hifi T2 Plus. I have to push volume a notch higher than BT20 but overall, it's more comfortable and refined. I intend to use KZ BA10 and Tennmak Trio with them later on. So far I've not faced any issues related to microphone and calling works as expected. Maybe they have disturbance when used over a video call or internet call via flaky network.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #2,871 of 3,805
TRN X7 review by Mr Wong & Ah Hui Malaysia

First of all, would like to express my sincere gratitude to TRN for sending me this review unit and giving me the opportunity to review the TRN X7 .

I have many time review the TRN product .i already own the TRN V90 TRN VX TRN STM and many TRN iem . The price of TRN X7 is around $130 USD .How it sounds ? It's worth it ? Let's check out !

Specification:
1. Product Name: TRN X7 7BA Drivers In-Ear Earphone
2. Brand: TRN
3. Model: X7
4. Earphone type: In-ear
5. Impedance: 20Omega
6. Earphone sensitivity: 102dB/mW
7. Frequency range: 20-40000Hz
8. Interface: 3.5mm Gilded
9. Plug Type: 3.5mm Swappable Multi-connectors
10.Cable Length: 1.2m+/-3MM
11.Color: PURPLE
12.Whether with cable: Yes
13.Earphone interface: 2Pin Interface
14.Whether can replacement cable: Yes
15.Driver unit: Customised 30095*3+29689 *1+50060 *2+22955*1
take from aliexpress TRN store .

PACKAGING :
premium packaging .Inside consists of the IEM ,metal casing , accessories include a 4-core braided SPC cable and several silicone eartips .

Comfort :
it's comfortable for me .Isolation is decent !

build :
substantial ,Made of German-imported medical-grade UV-curing Resin .Beautiful design .Custom-like iem design .
Sounds :
PRO :
good present of vocal ,deep bass ,good details ,huge soundstage .

CONS:
slightly mid-bass bleeding ,too forward vocal make me feel fatigue .

BASS :Slightly bleeding Mids-Bass ,Punchy Sub bass and Layered sub-bass. Response is fast when I listened to Weki-Meki - Crush .I can enjoy the fast sub-bass rumble and the good layering .

MIDS : forward and good details of vocal .When i listen to IZ*ONE - Spaceship i can enjoy the good details and forward of female vocal . However i feel fatigue when i listening long time session because the vocal is too forward i think can laid-back a bit i will better .

HIGH : it's smooth good extension .When I listened OH MY GIRL - Tic Toc .I can enjoy the good and smooth treble extension .

SOUNDSTAGE : it's huge soundstage deeper and width . When I listened the Eivor - Min Modir I can enjoyed the deeper and width soundstage .

INSTRUMENT SEPARATION :it's good instrument separation .

Imaging : it's good stereo position imaging . I can pin-point the instrument and the singer on stage .

Tonality : I could detect differences between the various sources I have used ! I like the tonality of TRN X7

TRN X7 is recall my first pure BA iem TRN BA5 it's forward vocal but very different with TRN X7 .TRN X7 soundstage and tonality is better than TRN BA5 .

However , if you like the big ,huge soundstage and good present of vocal I think you can consider the TRN X7 .

Tested by FiiO X1 ii , stock eartips and cable .
2 - 0qIXTCQ.jpg
2 - GV4LWEL.jpg
1 - IjzbZtq.jpg
3 - H9IHCWU.jpg

Attachments

• 2 - GV4LWEL.jpg
    2 - GV4LWEL.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #2,872 of 3,805
TRN X7 review by Mr Wong & Ah Hui Malaysia

First of all, would like to express my sincere gratitude to TRN for sending me this review unit and giving me the opportunity to review the TRN X7 .

I have many time review the TRN product .i already own the TRN V90 TRN VX TRN STM and many TRN iem . The price of TRN X7 is around $130 USD .How it sounds ? It's worth it ? Let's check out !

Specification:
1. Product Name: TRN X7 7BA Drivers In-Ear Earphone
2. Brand: TRN
3. Model: X7
4. Earphone type: In-ear
5. Impedance: 20Omega
6. Earphone sensitivity: 102dB/mW
7. Frequency range: 20-40000Hz
8. Interface: 3.5mm Gilded
9. Plug Type: 3.5mm Swappable Multi-connectors
10.Cable Length: 1.2m+/-3MM
11.Color: PURPLE
12.Whether with cable: Yes
13.Earphone interface: 2Pin Interface
14.Whether can replacement cable: Yes
15.Driver unit: Customised 30095*3+29689 *1+50060 *2+22955*1
take from aliexpress TRN store .

PACKAGING :
premium packaging .Inside consists of the IEM ,metal casing , accessories include a 4-core braided SPC cable and several silicone eartips .

Comfort :
it's comfortable for me .Isolation is decent !

build :
substantial ,Made of German-imported medical-grade UV-curing Resin .Beautiful design .Custom-like iem design .
Sounds :
PRO :
good present of vocal ,deep bass ,good details ,huge soundstage .

CONS:
slightly mid-bass bleeding ,too forward vocal make me feel fatigue .

BASS :Slightly bleeding Mids-Bass ,Punchy Sub bass and Layered sub-bass. Response is fast when I listened to Weki-Meki - Crush .I can enjoy the fast sub-bass rumble and the good layering .

MIDS : forward and good details of vocal .When i listen to IZ*ONE - Spaceship i can enjoy the good details and forward of female vocal . However i feel fatigue when i listening long time session because the vocal is too forward i think can laid-back a bit i will better .

HIGH : it's smooth good extension .When I listened OH MY GIRL - Tic Toc .I can enjoy the good and smooth treble extension .

SOUNDSTAGE : it's huge soundstage deeper and width . When I listened the Eivor - Min Modir I can enjoyed the deeper and width soundstage .

INSTRUMENT SEPARATION :it's good instrument separation .

Imaging : it's good stereo position imaging . I can pin-point the instrument and the singer on stage .

Tonality : I could detect differences between the various sources I have used ! I like the tonality of TRN X7

TRN X7 is recall my first pure BA iem TRN BA5 it's forward vocal but very different with TRN X7 .TRN X7 soundstage and tonality is better than TRN BA5 .

However , if you like the big ,huge soundstage and good present of vocal I think you can consider the TRN X7 .

Tested by FiiO X1 ii , stock eartips and cable .2 - 0qIXTCQ.jpg2 - GV4LWEL.jpg1 - IjzbZtq.jpg3 - H9IHCWU.jpg
The way you describe it sounds similar to how I would describe the BA15 :sweat_smile:

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #2,873 of 3,805
I hope you have more luck with your BT20S Pro than I did.

I bought mine in April to use with my Moondrop Arias and they were great at first but, by July, I was getting intermittent cut outs on the right IEM. I know the problem is with the TRN 0.78mm connector as the Aria work fine with wired connections. I purchased from the official TRN AliExpress store but I'm getting no help from them via the AE message centre. All I'm looking for is for them to send me a replacement pair (or just one!) of the 0.78mm adapter arms but they refuse to help out.

Anyone else had QC problems with TRN and managed to get the issue resolved when buying through AE?

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #2,874 of 3,805
I hope you have more luck with your BT20S Pro than I did.

I bought mine in April to use with my Moondrop Arias and they were great at first but, by July, I was getting intermittent cut outs on the right IEM. I know the problem is with the TRN 0.78mm connector as the Aria work fine with wired connections. I purchased from the official TRN AliExpress store but I'm getting no help from them via the AE message centre. All I'm looking for is for them to send me a replacement pair (or just one!) of the 0.78mm adapter arms but they refuse to help out.

Anyone else had QC problems with TRN and managed to get the issue resolved when buying through AE?
I am saddened by your experience. Personally, I don't rate TRN and their QC at all. I have had three failures with BT20 and BT20S so I can understand how gutted you might be. The thing is despite their pathetic QC BT20S Pro is still the most bang for buck BT module.

I bought my BT20 and BT20S from Nicehck who were super helpful and also arranged for a replacement all three times. I had to pay $7 for shipping but IMO it's still worth it as compared to having a dead module within 3 weeks. Other stores simply leave you hang out to dry and AliExpress dispute is also of not much help in this case

You have to shell out almost 2x more to get Fiio UTWS3. But that cost IMO is worth it considering Fiio is much better than TRN in both QC and customer support.

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #2,875 of 3,805
Sep 8, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #2,876 of 3,805
Tanchjim oxygen filter time! Will my TRN MT1 ascend?

With the foam tips I was using to compensate things with before:

Feels relatively warmer in vocals is what at first notice. (not sure if negative or positive)

Bass slam seems relatively less slammy and more rounded in strike. (negative to the identity of the iem)
-
-----
-
Using Spiraldots++ seems to let it regain a small amount of treble etch over my past foam tips. Bass slightly more slammy, but still more rounded than before filters.

Azla SednaEarfit Lights (normal length) seems to give an etch with an associating glare and lets through more air.

Spinfits freebie oem pack that came with an iem. More shout recovered, but without the glare feeling from the Azla; seems to tilt vocals to not be warm. Etch and also air detail still there like earlier tips but no fatigue.

Final E tips (traditional version). Keeps the rounded bass, but without the extra etch. But feels congested. It's like the Spiraldots++ but doesn't seem to diffuse things as cleanly somehow.

Original white tips that came with the iem. So thiny made thatmthere is no isolation and it tilts everything to the higher frequencies. Making things as if intended to be diffuse field. Technical abilities and layering imaging seems to work great with these.....but not for me.

Spiraldots++ seems to work best in this case. Spinfits also alternative for different vocals.

20210908_094800.jpg
20210908_094839.jpg
20210908_094718.jpg

20210908_094722.jpg

Sep 24, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #2,877 of 3,805
Just got the TRN CS2, and first impressions, literally the ST2 but without the BA, and somehow(in thise case with my pair) its more sibilant or fatiguing compared to the ST2... but im just using the CS2 for a couple minutes. lemme do some extra listening to these............. btw, these CS2s are airy, just saying

Edit: this thing changes on more powerful sources by ALOT..... they sound meh and "sharp/dry" sounding directly on my phone. hooked it up on my meizu hifi dac. sounds less sibilant and bass hits lower... when i use my meizu hifi + some chinese amp.. wew.... DAT BASS and reduced "dryness" to the sound
1632465136121.png

1632465199586.png

1632465238978.png

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #2,878 of 3,805
The charging case of my BT20S Pro has failed within 3 months. I expected something to go awry but not this soon. TRN has to stepup their QC as well as consumer service game if it intends to compete with KZ.

Luckily I spent only $35 on BT20S Pro but I still feel spending $70 on UTWS3 would have been a wiser decision

Oct 2, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #2,879 of 3,805
The charging case of my BT20S Pro has failed within 3 months. I expected something to go awry but not this soon. TRN has to stepup their QC as well as consumer service game if it intends to compete with KZ.

Luckily I spent only $35 on BT20S Pro but I still feel spending $70 on UTWS3 would have been a wiser decision
UTWS5 coming soon

Oct 2, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,880 of 3,805
Tanchjim oxygen filter time! Will my TRN MT1 ascend?

With the foam tips I was using to compensate things with before:

Feels relatively warmer in vocals is what at first notice. (not sure if negative or positive)

Bass slam seems relatively less slammy and more rounded in strike. (negative to the identity of the iem)
-
-----
-
Using Spiraldots++ seems to let it regain a small amount of treble etch over my past foam tips. Bass slightly more slammy, but still more rounded than before filters.

Azla SednaEarfit Lights (normal length) seems to give an etch with an associating glare and lets through more air.

Spinfits freebie oem pack that came with an iem. More shout recovered, but without the glare feeling from the Azla; seems to tilt vocals to not be warm. Etch and also air detail still there like earlier tips but no fatigue.

Final E tips (traditional version). Keeps the rounded bass, but without the extra etch. But feels congested. It's like the Spiraldots++ but doesn't seem to diffuse things as cleanly somehow.

Original white tips that came with the iem. So thiny made thatmthere is no isolation and it tilts everything to the higher frequencies. Making things as if intended to be diffuse field. Technical abilities and layering imaging seems to work great with these.....but not for me.

Spiraldots++ seems to work best in this case. Spinfits also alternative for different vocals.

20210908_094800.jpg20210908_094839.jpg20210908_094718.jpg
20210908_094722.jpg
Tips aside, how do find Oxygen filters affect MT1 sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back