TRN impressions thread
Oct 2, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #2,881 of 3,806
Oct 12, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #2,882 of 3,806
Hi everyone,

After trying BLON-Bl03 and KZ DQ6, I'm still in search for good metal IEMs. BA5 was mentioned in couple of other threads as good candidate, but there was a lot of early QA issues (channel imbalance). Is that still the case in 2021? as I can't easily return product on my country. Thanks!

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #2,883 of 3,806
Hi everyone,

After trying BLON-Bl03 and KZ DQ6, I'm still in search for good metal IEMs. BA5 was mentioned in couple of other threads as good candidate, but there was a lot of early QA issues (channel imbalance). Is that still the case in 2021? as I can't easily return product on my country. Thanks!
I haven't got the ba5, but from memory I think it was dampness being retained in the nozzle filters.
Do you metal Iems? Or metal music?

On another note I think my blon BL-03 have the same problem, but live with it with the balance control on Poweramp. Easier than getting new filters.

Oct 12, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #2,884 of 3,806
Hi everyone,

I think I have a bit of channel imbalance in my unit, but it's not that bad. Don't really trust TRN QC though. I'd say they are a tier below KZ in that regard.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #2,885 of 3,806
I haven't got the ba5, but from memory I think it was dampness being retained in the nozzle filters.
On another note I think my blon BL-03 have the same problem,
Yep, few days ago I got the same problem with the BLON BL-03 unit. That's why I was looking for alternative. It's it moist around here, as I live 3-4Km from the Sea, but not insanely moist.

Easier than getting new filters.
I'm not sure it's a filter issue. I replaced the filter, and test it without any filter at some point, I had the exact balance imbalance issue. If it's happening without filters it's a bad unit rather than moisture?

Do you metal Iems? Or metal music?
Metal Music :)

Oct 23, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #2,888 of 3,806
You are most welcome. I am in my 50s, so considered an older guy as well. The X6 is definitely tuned a lot more neutral and toned-down compared to the rest of the TRN products. A lot of people have been telling me the X6 has no bass. That’s because most of them are so used to the typical TRN/KZ sound. With good source and enough amp power, you can hear bass. It is just not “in-your-face” or heart-thumping kind of bass.

You are most welcome. I am in my 50s, so considered an older guy as well. The X6 is definitely tuned a lot more neutral and toned-down compared to the rest of the TRN products. A lot of people have been telling me the X6 has no bass. That’s because most of them are so used to the typical TRN/KZ sound. With good source and enough amp power, you can hear bass. It is just not “in-your-face” or heart-thumping kind of bass.
@KopiOkaya im planning to buy the TRN Ba5 but i learned about the moisture/humidity issue now im very hesitant to buy it cause i live in a very humid country. You've commented on a YouTubers video and you said that trn is aware of this issue and they added nylon mesh under the grilles to new production of the ba5. Is there any way to know if the unit ill buy is the fixed version?

Oct 24, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #2,889 of 3,806
Hi everyone,

A very good quality upgrade with the tingker tk300 (an audiosense sub brand) , awesome metal shell, a must have for the price range at quality levels far above trn and KZ. mmcx connectors, but high quality sold with a georgeous set of accessories !

Oct 25, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #2,891 of 3,806
It will be a good earphone?
Ha2ef04edc7694d24a9a5fe5591f4281b5.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #2,893 of 3,806
It will be a good earphone?
Ha2ef04edc7694d24a9a5fe5591f4281b5.jpg
No one has actually heard this yet. "Good" will depend upon your tuning preferences...and those of the manufacturer. It might be with your music library; maybe not with other people. It all depends on what folks are looking for in a sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back