TRN impressions thread
Apr 12, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #2,761 of 3,805
Apr 12, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #2,762 of 3,805
There is one rather positive first impressions post in Chifi Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2386473901653225/permalink/2596369987330281

But I have a feeling the buyer is trying to rationalize the 200$ spent more than really loving the sound...
Thanks for the input! I read the impression and had the same feeling. The impression writing sounded like it's U-shaped, and on the cooler side.
Also from the perspective, the reviewer uses Comply and mentioned in favor of warmer / bass-oriented sound which did not fit well with BA15, at least some clue of how BA15 sounds like! Seemingly not a total disaster, I'd like to try if the price falls below half of that asking $200 simply from the curiosity point of view, how TRN could overcome messy BA sector which KZ seemed failed with ASX (not to harm anyone but, as an owner of ASX, it's could have done some tuning for phasing).

I have a doubt about instrument positioning though.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #2,763 of 3,805
But I have a feeling the buyer is trying to rationalize the 200$ spent more than really loving the sound...
No idea what this particular person's deepest truth is, but you could probably say this about quite a lot of enthusiastic posts on this forum.

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #2,764 of 3,805
Doubt anyone has dared to pay the asking price. IMO only reviewers would have got the sample by now. It will be interesting to see how TRN's debut in the $200 segment turns out. Hope it is something similar to their Golden Earphones.😛
Lol totally forgot that $15k golden IEM. I think it’s an April fools but it’s actually on sale😂
Kinda interested unguided 15BA would sound like, I can Imagine a hot mess.

LOL they upped the price of the TRN golden ears to $25000 USD now. Probably sales are doing so well they can even afford a price gouge. Don't miss it, only 20 pieces left!!!

TRN golden ears.PNG

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #2,765 of 3,805
LOL they upped the price of the TRN golden ears to $25000 USD now. Probably sales are doing so well they can even afford a price gouge. Don't miss it, only 20 pieces left!!!

TRN golden ears.PNG
funny joke😂 the discount coupon look pathetic against its asking price 😭

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #2,766 of 3,805

TRN golden ears.PNG

Waiting for the 11.11. big sale. They might possibly go down to $24,000 :slight_smile:

Apr 13, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #2,767 of 3,805

TRN golden ears.PNG
Hahahaha. Looks like most Chinese billionaires have already got a few pieces. Wish they add more stocks, I absolutely want to buy them as soon as I find a good buyer of my kidneys and probably 90% of my body😂😂😂

Apr 13, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #2,768 of 3,805
Hahahaha. Looks like most Chinese billionaires have already got a few pieces. Wish they add more stocks, I absolutely want to buy them as soon as I find a good buyer of my kidneys and probably 90% of my body😂😂😂
TRN gets R&D fund from billionaires!
I’m pretty sure that 999 pure gold used is like 1 or 2 oz, which is $2-4k usd. Over 20k usd contribution margin! 😂
1C96288A-960D-401D-99D7-87F5D04D7EF3.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #2,771 of 3,805
just realised it says 10mm "Dyuamic" driver... Man, what is up with TRN and typos. The TA1's box had the wrong info about the driver config too. lol.

14.jpg
Poor attention to detail, I guess. I have a hard time getting into TRN due to continuously poor QC. Cables that aren't properly soldered, iems that stop working (or just don't work at all) after a short time, bluetooth adapters/dac amps that don't connect...I'm not cool with wasting my money on stuff like that. This company has the potential (and the products that are actually contenders for great sound), but they blow it with poor QC. Who wants to buy upgrade cables, that have strands that aren't even soldered to the connectors? Who wants to buy iems that stop working when there's some humidity in the air? Who wants to buy a wireless bluetooth dac/amp to connect your iems to, that won't connect to your device easily? Not me. Yes, I know that there are many who haven't had problems. But there are also many that have. Sorry, but I'm not willing to chance my money on something that seems designed to fail. I like longevity and expect stuff I buy to give me years of enjoyment, with proper care and use. Don't get me wrong: I'm not expecting an iem from China to live as long as a Macintosh amp, but I expect at least for it to work ootb...plus 2-4 years. TRN stuff doesn't even work properly alot of the time, the moment you open the box.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #2,772 of 3,805
Poor attention to detail, I guess. I have a hard time getting into TRN due to continuously poor QC. Cables that aren't properly soldered, iems that stop working (or just don't work at all) after a short time, bluetooth adapters/dac amps that don't connect...I'm not cool with wasting my money on stuff like that. This company has the potential (and the products that are actually contenders for great sound), but they blow it with poor QC. Who wants to buy upgrade cables, that have strands that aren't even soldered to the connectors? Who wants to buy iems that stop working when there's some humidity in the air? Who wants to buy a wireless bluetooth dac/amp to connect your iems to, that won't connect to your device easily? Not me. Yes, I know that there are many who haven't had problems. But there are also many that have. Sorry, but I'm not willing to chance my money on something that seems designed to fail. I like longevity and expect stuff I buy to give me years of enjoyment, with proper care and use. Don't get me wrong: I'm not expecting an iem from China to live as long as a Macintosh amp, but I expect at least for it to work ootb...plus 2-4 years. TRN stuff doesn't even work properly alot of the time, the moment you open the box.

Imagine if that QC albatross happened to the $25000 USD TRN Golden Ears!

Apr 19, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #2,774 of 3,805
20210420_023455.jpg

My measure of trn ba15

They are very great, I just put foam tips included for warmer sound. But it's a very very great full ba iem.

Clearly better than cca c16, more balanced than ba8, very very very very detailed.

It supports all music styles ( less the metal ). Absolutely incredible in classical music genre.
It can be too treble oriented on some music and must be used at home to profit of all details purposed.
But isolation is good, they are not too big.

Trn does a very great job, 15 ba could be a big fail like asx, but it's clearly not the case.

Good ba bass with great presence ( but stay a ba bass and not enough for fun genre )
Great and warm mids, very detailed,
Very detailed high, but might be elevated, not really aggressive, no sibilance got the moment, just too much volume for me.
The soundstage is large and deep, but not the most large I listen

Honestly I was curious and afraid after asx, but we can see the work on it. For classical genre is just a must, THE choice for me

Attachments

• 20210418_211234.jpg
    20210418_211234.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Apr 19, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #2,775 of 3,805
20210420_023455.jpg

My measure of trn ba15

They are very great, I just put foam tips included for warmer sound. But it's a very very great full ba iem.

Clearly better than cca c16, more balanced than ba8, very very very very detailed.

It supports all music styles ( less the metal ). Absolutely incredible in classical music genre.
It can be too treble oriented on some music and must be used at home to profit of all details purposed.
But isolation is good, they are not too big.

Trn does a very great job, 15 ba could be a big fail like asx, but it's clearly not the case.

Good ba bass with great presence ( but stay a ba bass and not enough for fun genre )
Great and warm mids, very detailed,
Very detailed high, but might be elevated, not really aggressive, no sibilance got the moment, just too much volume for me.
The soundstage is large and deep, but not the most large I listen

Honestly I was curious and afraid after asx, but we can see the work on it. For classical genre is just a must, THE choice for me
Any hints of BA timbre? Is the Macro detail balance with the micro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back