TRN impressions thread
Feb 15, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #2,043 of 3,805
Would the T2 connector and the earhook design be a fit issue with something like the kz as10 since the kz iem connectors are sideways and the T2 is basically made for straight down iem connectors? Also would it be hard to remove the memory earhook wires etc? Thanks fellows

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #2,044 of 3,805
I have not heard any loss of sound yet. Is thin netting behind the grill made from a kind of thin cloth ? Will it change the sound that comes out if I remove it ?

I'm worried that drivers will be damaged, because I think BA drivers are more sensitive to moisture.

I didn't remove the actual netting, but just some of the adhesive that sticks the grill onto the bore opening.

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #2,045 of 3,805
Any Trn BA5 users facing QC issues?? I am/was planning to get one but my friend who bought one had issues just after two days(some of the drivers just stop working at times)..I did some reading and found many owners having QC issues so I'm wondering if that was for the first batch only or they still suffering?
Thanks.

Remove the grill to see if moisture is the issue. Like I mentioned, I'm pretty sure a lot of the the driver issue people have been mentioning is actually just caused by the netting behind the grill. Based on the amount of suction and pressure upon insertion, I'm pretty sure it's a completely sealed design and the grills on the external part are only for decorations or don't actually influence air flow.

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #2,046 of 3,805

the TRN A2 is pretty nice for its price - definitely better than the stock cable - currently using it with the TRN V90,

when constrained by budget that probably should be nice but aim for a bit more expensive ones such as the 1st option (the TRN T2 cable), etc.

Feb 16, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #2,047 of 3,805
Speaking of cables and such, I've seen some pretty nice aftermarket stuff on BA5s here.

Check out this photo from Post 1,888:

10403919.jpg

I'm using mine stock, but I want to try it with the NiceHCK C-16-3. (Pictured above).

------------

With regard to QC, I am aware of the issues some people have reported with the BA5. I use my BA5 pretty heavily now, it's one of my go-to IEMs, and I have to update my sig to reflect that. I haven't noticed any issues with it, but there might be moisture buildup, I can't remember. I am actually very pleased with mine and was going to post some comments, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I got one of the good ones. The shell is really, really nice, and feels much more premium than the price implies.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #2,048 of 3,805
Speaking of cables and such, I've seen some pretty nice aftermarket stuff on BA5s here.

Check out this photo from Post 1,888:

10403919.jpg

I'm using mine stock, but I want to try it with the NiceHCK C-16-3. (Pictured above).

------------

With regard to QC, I am aware of the issues some people have reported with the BA5. I use my BA5 pretty heavily now, it's one of my go-to IEMs, and I have to update my sig to reflect that. I haven't noticed any issues with it, but there might be moisture buildup, I can't remember. I am actually very pleased with mine and was going to post some comments, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I got one of the good ones. The shell is really, really nice, and feels much more premium than the price implies.

Cable by the forbidden company, but I love it and the BA5.

2020-02-18 11.30.43.jpg

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #2,049 of 3,805
I'm looking for the hooded 0.75mm 2 pin connector to build a cable for BA5.
But there is something that confuses me as a newbie about this, some people call hooded 2 pins as qdc pin, but some says if there is no 0.75mm qdc pin.
Is anyone here give me an explanation ?

Thanks in advance

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #2,050 of 3,805
I'm looking for the hooded 0.75mm 2 pin connector to build a cable for BA5.
But there is something that confuses me as a newbie about this, some people call hooded 2 pins as qdc pin, but some says if there is no 0.75mm qdc pin.
Is anyone here give me an explanation ?

Thanks in advance

As per my gatherings (Feel free to correct me)

1. Once it hooded it become QDC
2. There are two versions of pins 0.75mm pin and 0.78mm pin - 2 pin cables.
3. 0.75mm pin can go and function well at a 0.78mm socket, but not possible otherwise.

Example:- I'm using TRN (T2) 0.75mm (non-hooded / non-qdc) 2.5mm balanced 16 core cable with my JadeAudio EA3 which is a 0.78mm IEM...and it is working perfectly fine so far.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #2,051 of 3,805
As per my gatherings (Feel free to correct me)

1. Once it hooded it become QDC
2. There are two versions of pins 0.75mm pin and 0.78mm pin - 2 pin cables.
3. 0.75mm pin can go and function well at a 0.78mm socket, but not possible otherwise.

Example:- I'm using TRN (T2) 0.75mm (non-hooded / non-qdc) 2.5mm balanced 16 core cable with my JadeAudio EA3 which is a 0.78mm IEM...and it is working perfectly fine so far.

I have 99 problems, 0.03 mm size difference aint one.
There is no real world difference in my humble opinion, i never had a problem and i use 0.78 bluetooth adapter with a variety of kz and trn iems.

I only had problem with short kz pins (para a), which can pull out easily from iems without recessed sockets.

I like blon 03 type hooded cables into qdc iems too, but qdc cable wont work on the blon. So hooded not equal qdc.

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #2,052 of 3,805
I don't know if anyone at TRN watches this thread (or if @KopiOkaya still lurks) but if they're planning a new generation of BT20/BT20S it'd be sweet if they could do a magnetic adapter for charging. Two side by side 'ports' with usb-c input.

Like this but usb-c female, not usb a male:
Screenshot_20200229-035627.jpg

If they want make it super fancy, make the design so that it has Qi wireless charging and the BT20/BT20S drops into the top.

Just throwing it out there, as wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #2,053 of 3,805
I just got the BA5. I'm running them balanced with cheap niceHCK 8 core cable and BTR5. I have to say they are great for the price. I wanted budget on the go version of my S8F, and this is exactly what I got. Surely they are nowhere near S8F technicalities but like I said for the money very impressive indeed.
I could go on what's good and bad, but what is the point. Important thing is they are built well, fit like a glove, and after 2-3 min after I get used to the sound they sound great, much better than €200 iems of few years ago. Perfect for on the go abuse.

Mar 9, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #2,055 of 3,805
I just got the BA5. I'm running them balanced with cheap niceHCK 8 core cable and BTR5. I have to say they are great for the price. I wanted budget on the go version of my S8F, and this is exactly what I got. Surely they are nowhere near S8F technicalities but like I said for the money very impressive indeed.
I could go on what's good and bad, but what is the point. Important thing is they are built well, fit like a glove, and after 2-3 min after I get used to the sound they sound great, much better than €200 iems of few years ago. Perfect for on the go abuse.
Is it a risk to use the BA5 for outdoor running (also with rain)? I'm afraid about the external grill letting water flow into the IEM.

yeah dont abuse them, since their QCs are infamous for having bad control. There are reports that the grill can be soaked with with water or sweat and affect sound changing. My right unit 2 pins connector also a little bit moving not steady, seems like the glue problem. Aside from that, Sound quality is great for budget segment under $100, they have great technicalities, especially for acoustics and classics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back