TRN impressions thread
Feb 7, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #2,026 of 3,805
Nice song, that's low. With S8F sounds great haha.
I believe you, I just ordered it, hell it's very cheap and after all it's going to be my beater set. If it dies soon I can still use it at least for noise blocking In clubs when I'm working.
Well it should sound good on that, it's 10 times the price of the BA5!

Feb 9, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #2,027 of 3,805
Hi, I have BA5 but every time after using it for at least 2 hours then the filter grill becomes moist and there is small amounts of water like dew, is that normal ? any solutions for that problem ?
Before using it I'm sure my ears are dry. This is the first time I have experienced this problem when using IEM.

Sorry, bad english

Thanks in advance :)

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #2,029 of 3,805
Hi, I have BA5 but every time after using it for at least 2 hours then the filter grill becomes moist and there is small amounts of water like dew, is that normal ? any solutions for that problem ?
Before using it I'm sure my ears are dry. This is the first time I have experienced this problem when using IEM.

Sorry, bad english

Are you using them for workout maybe or heavy activities?

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #2,030 of 3,805

Sorry, bad english

Yup, this is just condensation from your body from the pressure of the seal.

Note that if you have issues with moisture reducing the sound, it's actually the thin betting behind the grill, where the adhesive seal is too strong. Remove some of it and you won't have any loss of sound.

I genuinely thought one of the drivers was fried but all the moisture issues people described is because of the thin netting behind the grill, which seals up with even the smallest amount of moisture.

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #2,031 of 3,805
It is happening to my LZ A6 mini also
Thanks for reply,
Are there any sound changes or damage ?

Are you using them for workout maybe or heavy activities?
Thanks for reply,
No, I only do light activities like drinking water and eating snacks while wearing them and there is no sweat

Yup, this is just condensation from your body from the pressure of the seal.

Note that if you have issues with moisture reducing the sound, it's actually the thin betting behind the grill, where the adhesive seal is too strong. Remove some of it and you won't have any loss of sound.

I genuinely thought one of the drivers was fried but all the moisture issues people described is because of the thin netting behind the grill, which seals up with even the smallest amount of moisture.
Thanks for reply,
Your explanation makes sense,

I have not heard any loss of sound yet. Is thin netting behind the grill made from a kind of thin cloth ? Will it change the sound that comes out if I remove it ?

I'm worried that drivers will be damaged, because I think BA drivers are more sensitive to moisture.

Feb 12, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #2,034 of 3,805
I have the KZ AS10 and I really like it.
Sorry I do not own the BA5.
but sound is so subjective. To me the KZ AS10 has a nice sound for EDM.
it actually has good bass. And it sounds very clear.

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #2,035 of 3,805
Any Trn BA5 users facing QC issues?? I am/was planning to get one but my friend who bought one had issues just after two days(some of the drivers just stop working at times)..I did some reading and found many owners having QC issues so I'm wondering if that was for the first batch only or they still suffering?
Thanks.

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #2,036 of 3,805
Any Trn BA5 users facing QC issues?? I am/was planning to get one but my friend who bought one had issues just after two days(some of the drivers just stop working at times)..I did some reading and found many owners having QC issues so I'm wondering if that was for the first batch only or they still suffering?
Thanks.
A few have had issues with the BA5 in particular, also TRN isn't known for good QC (or any at all). I haven't heard of any change in that regard.

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #2,037 of 3,805
Thanks.

according to Kopi O Kaya (and LuckLZ if I remember correctly) there are supposed to be improvements to newer TRN BA5 batches that would prevent the humidity caused issue with the driver getting more and more silent

I had a similar issue with my early purchase V90 but it seemed to have rectified itself and in combination with foam tips it hasn't come back so far

perhaps the BA5 does react in the same way ?

(even though I prefer silicone tips for more airiness, etc. - rolloff with foam tips can be too much at times)

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #2,039 of 3,805

Users who are viewing this thread

Back