TRN impressions thread
Dec 14, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #1,771 of 3,805
US $27.65 21%OFF | Newest TRN T3 Pure silver cable 8 core cable braided cable 3.5 / 2.5mm Plug MMCX / 2Pin Connector For TRN V90 BA5 ST1 V80\T3\P1
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/lZZ5FqIG

That cable has straight connectors:

8C2093AA-424E-47C7-BFE5-7B8ED2732AAF.jpeg

He’s looking for an upgrade cable that has angled connectors:

D6498FFF-0193-487E-ADBE-BB66DAC2BADE.jpeg

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #1,773 of 3,805
Thank you both. Yes Slater has shown exactly what im looking for.

So I assume this is for a TRN earphone, since this is the TRN thread?

Are you basically looking for a cable that looks nicer than stock, plus is thicker so it doesn’t tangle as easily? Or are you looking for a cable that is a huge sound upgrade?

I have a few recommendations in mind, but it depends on your answers.

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #1,774 of 3,805
So I assume this is for a TRN earphone, since this is the TRN thread?

Are you basically looking for a cable that looks nicer than stock, plus is thicker so it doesn’t tangle as easily? Or are you looking for a cable that is a huge sound upgrade?

I have a few recommendations in mind, but it depends on your answers.

TRN V90 i took a picture of them
BP6evIb.png

Unless something is wrong with this cable i do not believe in any sound upgrade.
The stock cable feels like dental floss, very cheap and easy to tangle. I can not rely on such cable and wouldnt want it to break.
I also do not like the looks of it.

Cheers

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #1,775 of 3,805
TRN V90 i took a picture of them
BP6evIb.png

Unless something is wrong with this cable i do not believe in any sound upgrade.
The stock cable feels like dental floss, very cheap and easy to tangle. I can not rely on such cable and wouldnt want it to break.
I also do not like the looks of it.

Cheers
I dunno, I get some mental satisfaction from the boing caused by dental floss. Little talk about about cable and nothing about the sound, which is what matters. Your review rated by me 0:10.

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #1,776 of 3,805
Received my V90 few days ago. Everything is excellent and i wont go into it except say that mids/vocals are indeed behind everything else.
I managed to get around it because these IEMs eq very very well.
With these settings they sound incredible for their worth.

b92y1Jm.png

My PC audio source is bass light, i do not believe they require any "bass boosting" on majority of the systems, just fixing the mids.

PyAYe69.jpg
What this?
That's terrible too. 0/10

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,778 of 3,805
upload_2019-12-14_11-27-48.png

Sometimes, things go wrong I guess. The left plug felt a bit loose and was wiggling around. I think it was like that after I pulled the cable a bit too hard once and when I was inspecting it, and applying some force it just came apart lol. But at least nothing was broken, and after applying a tiny bit of contact glue, they are like new again. Just, dissapointing in a way and I'm gonna treat them more carefully from now on.

Also, got to compare them yesterday with CCA C12 and eh, I think I liked them a bit more. TRN V90 mids feel a bit too recessed in comparison, and if you like bass, the C12 offer more. Besides that, the rest of the sound feels pretty similar.

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #1,781 of 3,805
To the people having troubles with their TRN earphones.

TRN QC sucks.

Just saying. Their tunings are mostly good, but they are still very shoddy. I would reckon that if you have a problem it's on them and not you.

What a shame. But yeah, at least it isn't actually broken but it made get sad. I must admit that the C12 felt nicer to handle too, they felt very solid.

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #1,782 of 3,805
Really? I hear with SPC cable quite a big difference in separation of L/R channels on V90, V80 and IM2 and thanks to that I feel always sound a bit brighter, with wider scene compare to stock cable. But as I wrote somewhere, changing the cable will not affect FR, it's just my feeling and is not related only to a better fit.

Really? I only spent a little time with the stock cable. I'll have to try them back-to-back.

Also, do you know what different that 8-core "Tiger Cable" makes?

https://www.audioreviews.org/dissecting-the-tiger-cable/

I have one on the way.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #1,783 of 3,805
Ok so my BA5s seem to have solidified the weird high end tizzyness and the IEM itself is excellent all around except lack of low end!
The weak low end is gonna kill these for me, I’m foamed and coppered and hearing very little low end.
Is there any fix or mod to bring it up?

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,784 of 3,805

Also, got to compare them yesterday with CCA C12 and eh, I think I liked them a bit more. TRN V90 mids feel a bit too recessed in comparison, and if you like bass, the C12 offer more. Besides that, the rest of the sound feels pretty similar.

Speaking of QC, what do you think of CCA quality-control? I have a C12 on the way, and I got it at the cheapest price from KRHifi Store. It's a reputable store, seems related to NiceHCK. I figure it shouldn't matter where it comes from.

Dec 14, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #1,785 of 3,805
Also, do you know what different that 8-core "Tiger Cable" makes?
I don't have this cable, but all SPC cables in the same price range are similar. I hear no difference between 16-core TRN T2, 8-core from NiceHCK or TRN mixed black / silver fake 8-core from TRN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back