TRN impressions thread
Oct 6, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #1,201 of 3,805
Luckily with my TRN V90 out of phase I contacted Jim NiceHCK and explained that one earpiece was wired incorrectly he immediately sent me out 2 new earpieces. That is stellar service in my book.
Yeah, but you are a stellar customer for Jim.

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #1,202 of 3,805
Does anyone here tested Edifier TWS1? Or TRN BT20s + KZ ZSN (that I already have) are better overall (principally sound compared to wired)? I just think that's a little bulky solution for TWS compared with Edifier TWS1 and others

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,203 of 3,805
Does anyone here tested Edifier TWS1? Or TRN BT20s + KZ ZSN (that I already have) are better overall (principally sound compared to wired)? I just think that's a little bulky solution for TWS compared with Edifier TWS1 and others
The advantage of being able to use it
with multiple higher quality IEMs is huge, imo.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #1,204 of 3,805

I totally agree. They have the market cornered in this niche product. I’m honestly surprised no one else has come out with one (other than Fostex, but theirs is priced way too high IMO).

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,205 of 3,805

TRN BT20s with a good IEM will be better, because the TWS on current state cant produce high quality sound, they have limited space to squeeze in battery, drivers, antenna, and chips. That's why normally TWS only use 6mm DD or 1 BA, How can they compete with multi drivers or good single DD (at least 10mm)? Extension end to end will be worse in 6mm DD TWS, even in high class TWS like Sony WF1000X MK iii, extensions aren't expanded like in good normal IEM.

your choice is between being practical or sound quality.

Totally agree! +2

I totally agree. They have the market cornered in this niche product. I’m honestly surprised no one else has come out with one (other than Fostex, but theirs is priced way too high IMO).

Yes , I also surprised until today they have upgraded version but no other company make similar BT module device

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #1,206 of 3,805
BT20S were a game changer for me. Flawless connectivity and unparalleled flexibility. They prompted me to buy a new pair of CIEMs just because of what they offered.

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #1,208 of 3,805
I have a pair of the v90 on the way, I got the TRN BT20s to pair with them and the BT20s got here first. I tried my trn V80 on them and they hiss as soon as I turn the BT20s and mean loud hiss, not a soft hiss. Anyone have this happen? I am now worried the v90 wont work with the bt20s also... I put a set of older kz zsa iems on the bt20s and they work fine.

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #1,209 of 3,805
I have a pair of the v90 on the way, I got the TRN BT20s to pair with them and the BT20s got here first. I tried my trn V80 on them and they hiss as soon as I turn the BT20s and mean loud hiss, not a soft hiss. Anyone have this happen? I am now worried the v90 wont work with the bt20s also... I put a set of older kz zsa iems on the bt20s and they work fine.

That’s a known issue with the V80. It hisses on lots of sources.

So don’t worry; pretty much anything other than the V80 will work fine.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #1,211 of 3,805
KZ E10 is a potential disrupter in TWS market and a rival to BT20S. Not a direct one but it somewhat aims to challenge BT20S by offering a hybrid TWS iem at a reasonable price.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #1,212 of 3,805
KZ E10 is a potential disrupter in TWS market and a rival to BT20S
Is the wireless portion connectable to other IEMs, like BT20S is?
Battery life seems quite shorter.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #1,213 of 3,805
Is the wireless portion connectable to other IEMs, like BT20S is?
Battery life seems quite shorter.

It is not. And hence, not a direct rival to BT20s but no one is creating hybrid TWS for ~$60, so for someone who is looking for a sub $100 TWS they're real good option at least on paper.

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #1,215 of 3,805
Great... thanks, so I can expect the v90 to do it also? I know the zsa work fine.

Hiss has to do with a high sensitivity in IEMs in general.
I asked in the sound science forum and this was their general consensus: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/is-...y-more-influential-in-hiss-for-an-iem.915705/
I think their opinion is correct, as the hiss I have are generally in the IEMs with highest sensitivity. Maybe a very low impedance might also affect to some extent, but it is mostly sensitivity that determines the hiss.

Just for comparisons, sensitivity of the IEMs u asked about are:
KZ ZSA: 101 dB
TRN V90: 110 dB
TRN V80L 108 dB
(I have not converted the sensitivity using the calculator in the above link yet, but these are ballpark figures from the specs sheet of the above IEMs).

I have a feeling the TRN V90 might hiss a bit too based on the above numbers, maybe someone who has the V90 with BT20/20s can confirm.
I do use my BT20 with hissing IEMs and once music starts playing, I don't really notice the hiss anymore, but I did read that the V80 is quite bad with the hiss on the BT20 for some reason.

If u are connecting a hissing IEM to the BT20 or BT20s I don't think much can be done to fix the hissing if it is highly sensitive. But if u are plugging these sensitive hissing IEMs to desktop or smartphone, the hiss can be attenuated by using an amp, an inline volume controller or an impedance mismatch device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back