TRN impressions thread
Aug 23, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #872 of 3,805
Hmmm.....any chance you could be mistaken it for another model, coz the im1 was well received by a lot of more experience headfiers here? That's the reason why I got it. I recalled it's tuning is more for monitoring.
I'm not mistaken. I just saw the post again under the Audiobudget Facebook group. Maybe the tuner has changed his mind as well but hasn't deleted the post yet?

How do you like it? Is it a worthy purchase for just listening to music? I think Zpolt said it was better than the ZSN.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #873 of 3,805
I'm not mistaken. I just saw the post again under the Audiobudget Facebook group. Maybe the tuner has changed his mind as well but hasn't deleted the post yet?

How do you like it? Is it a worthy purchase for just listening to music? I think Zpolt said it was better than the ZSN.

Cool, guess everyone hears differently.
Some like it and some might not. It mostly depends on each music preferences. Like I mentioned earlier, it's great for vocals/acoustic stuffs. Can't comment on edm/rap/electronic music and etc coz I don't listen to those.

Personally I'm not a fan of AudioBudget's site. It's like an advertisers heaven.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #874 of 3,805
Personally I'm not a fan of AudioBudget's site. It's like an advertisers heaven.
Lol. I guess you are right. When he started, it was a cool website. The reviews are okay but not objective enough (advertisers heaven). At one point he said he was sitting on like a hundred (?) earphones to review.

Today, he doesn't seem to do a lot of reviews or he badly advertises that he has new reviews and spams his Facebook group with pre-forsale earphone deals (advertisers heaven).

I love Audiobudgets name but I wish he would give it to someone else as not enough people seem interested anymore. And, either does he.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #875 of 3,805
The retailers on AE do not seem to advertise it as Pro. I ordered the white from NiceHCK which turned out to clear with silver face plate.

Just got my V60 Pros. Thanks for pointing out that Nicehck had them.

Initially a little hissy/sibilant, but the low end already has authority. Now starts the burn in

Aug 24, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #876 of 3,805
I'm guessing that I'm not the only one that took advantage of their (above post) discount pricing on the TRN V90.

For my purchase (of five days ago), which has seen no action from the vendor; they replied that they are shipping one order at a time. :thinking:

Has anyone else been in a hold position with their order for the V90 ?
or
Did you use another vendor, that has already shipped your V90s ?

Aug 24, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #878 of 3,805
Just got my V60 Pros. Thanks for pointing out that Nicehck had them.

Initially a little hissy/sibilant, but the low end already has authority. Now starts the burn in

Hope you find that you enjoy them. I think you will find that you will get used to the treble. I will be Interested in hearing how you make out with them,.

Aug 25, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #879 of 3,805
(In trying to figure out why the BQEYZ BQ3 vocals are such a hot mess, I left my iPad on, playing Pandora-Pink Floyd radio)

I was surprised when I got home, to find several taped up packages, jammed into my mailbox; like a 5 yr old on Christmas Eve I ripped into them and found the V60 Pro. I immediately plugged them into the iPad and did a quick check for DOA.

The initial soundstage was expansive, instrumentation separation is above average, the low end authoritative (but clean), the vocals a little sibilant. I normally do a burn in of DD on early 2000s Hip Hop, but the afore mentioned Pink Floyd sounded so good that I used it for the burn. This is the 1st pair where I’ve witnessed the burn in process taking less than 12 hrs.

In the intro to Footsteps, it really felt like someone was walking behind me. The reproduction of the various Drum kits are very close to being there, live and the male vocals are transparent (no coloring) and no excessive punctuations in the upper bands (my danger zone).

I’m buying a few more, as gifts

Edit, to add image
TRN V60 Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #880 of 3,805
Just tried V90 for a few minutes...not too impressive..probably scared by the price (150 USD) ...esp comparing to my AS12

Aug 25, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #881 of 3,805
Just tried V90 for a few minutes...not too impressive..probably scared by the price (150 USD) ...esp comparing to my AS12

$150? They’re like $40 on Aliexpress. Anyone who is paying $150, lemme know because they might be interested in a bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn.

Aug 25, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #882 of 3,805
I'm guessing that I'm not the only one that took advantage of their (above post) discount pricing on the TRN V90.

For my purchase (of five days ago), which has seen no action from the vendor; they replied that they are shipping one order at a time. :thinking:

Has anyone else been in a hold position with their order for the V90 ?
or
Did you use another vendor, that has already shipped your V90s ?
Bought mine on day #1 from NiceHCK and they haven’t shipped yet. Guess we have to pay for the lowest price somehow. My KZ ZSX which I bought on the same day from the same store shipped yesterday. I’m betting these sellers never touch the product are simply collect the orders use a drop ship system.

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #883 of 3,805

Bought mine on day #1 from NiceHCK and they haven’t shipped yet. Guess we have to pay for the lowest price somehow.

Yup! Same here for the v90. I ordered mine from nicehck too. Still sitting pretty waiting to ship. Maybe no stocks on hand or waiting for the aliexpress sale to start. Gonna be a long wait. Sigh....

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #885 of 3,805
Bought the BT3 back in October and they served me well until the left side went quiet, that was luckily just when the BT3S had come out so I ordered that for the boost in battery life instead of boasting for a repair or replacement. I've now had the BT3S for a month and the left side is out again... VS Audio have offered a repair but I'm not sure if I want to wait for ~2 months (that's just shipping time back and forth, I live in Sweden).
Might just order a new one since they cost peanuts and will probably end up being close to return shipping and customs.

Has anyone else had this problem with the BT3/S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back