TRN impressions thread
Feb 24, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #3,721 of 3,805
Try Final Audio E Black Tips, they tame the treble quite well.
Thanks, are they the ones that come with the cheapest Final E model, with that being the best value way to get them? They look very similar to Sony tips, I should probably try those on BA8 too, I have loads from MH750/755s, MH1 etc, plus clones from Chi-Fi. The Problem I find with some Chi-Fi brands like Trn is the angle of the nozzles often don't fit my ears no matter what size I use and I end up resorting to foams to get a seal.

Feb 24, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #3,722 of 3,805
Thanks, are they the ones that come with the cheapest Final E model, with that being the best value way to get them? They look very similar to Sony tips, I should probably try those on BA8 too, I have loads from MH750/755s, MH1 etc, plus clones from Chi-Fi. The Problem I find with some Chi-Fi brands like Trn is the angle of the nozzles often don't fit my ears no matter what size I use and I end up resorting to foams to get a seal.

Yeah the Final E black tips sell about $15 USD for a set on online portals like Amazon. But if you buy IEMs like the Final E500 or Kinera Tyr (costing $20), they come with Final E black tips. Think of it as getting the IEM for 5 bucks more LOL.

Do note the Final E white tips don't tame treble as much, it is the black ones that do.

Feb 24, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #3,723 of 3,805
Ok, and here are the FRs:
1677218352044.png
Top to bottom, MT4/10mm DD only FR, 6mm DD FR without attenuation, 6mm DD FR with 10ohm attenuation. Listened to the 6mm alone and it's pretty loud and behaves like a full frequency driver. Very interesting.
MT4.jpg

red line - only 10mm driver

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #3,725 of 3,805
Don't know if you guys saw this, but the TRN TA3 is now available on their AE store, I got a notification from a Discord server I'm on about it!
It really looks like it uses the same structure as the MT4 + 1 knowles BA and a modular cable, and of course it looks more premium.
I bought the MT4 mostly because due to it being chip and coming with their T tips, I guess depending on how I like it, I might get the TA3

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #3,726 of 3,805
I bought the MT4 mostly because due to it being chip and coming with their T tips, I guess depending on how I like it, I might get the TA3
Quoting myself there, but I juste received the MT4, and haven't given them a good listen yet, but I can confirm that they only come with one set of medium T tips (and me having big ol' ear canals, they're way too small for me :/)
Guess I'll have to either order one large set later, or wait to see if the TA3 comes with all the sizes.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #3,727 of 3,805
MT4.jpg
red line - only 10mm driver

That's weird. Let me measure again later.
Your probably should check the soldering again or maybe the back vent filter of the 10mm DD coz I cannot replicate your measurement. I measured the 10mm DD only FR again and it's identical to my previous measurement. It doesn't make sense the 6mm DD can have a FR loud enough to cross the 10mm DD resulting in a FR like the stock form I think.

1677463873752.png

Feb 26, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #3,728 of 3,805
Quoting myself there, but I juste received the MT4, and haven't given them a good listen yet, but I can confirm that they only come with one set of medium T tips (and me having big ol' ear canals, they're way too small for me :/)
Guess I'll have to either order one large set later, or wait to see if the TA3 comes with all the sizes.

Be aware the T Tips are on the small size, a bit like Spring Tips. So if you take XL Spring Tips L CP100 or L KBEAR 07, these aren't gonna get a good seal.:triportsad:

Feb 26, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #3,729 of 3,805
That's weird. Let me measure again later
dear, im so sorry, my mistakes.

All the same, at the weekend I took apart my headphones and realized that my big speaker just broke after burn-in(maybe) - that's why there was no bass.

After the test, I realized that the small speaker sounds very quiet and adds almost nothing on its own.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #3,730 of 3,805
dear, im so sorry, my mistakes.

All the same, at the weekend I took apart my headphones and realized that my big speaker just broke after burn-in(maybe) - that's why there was no bass.

After the test, I realized that the small speaker sounds very quiet and adds almost nothing on its own.
Actually it looks to me that the 10mm DD is misplaced or there is a gap between the DD and the front cavity resulting in a bass leak. You could try adding some glue (best use UV glue) around the 10mm DD cavity of the shell to seal it up. I think the 6mm DD only adds note weight it's dim but I think it audiable. But anyway the MT4 is not a detail monster considering the configuration and its price point.

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #3,732 of 3,805
Actually it looks to me that the 10mm DD is misplaced or there is a gap between the DD and the front cavity resulting in a bass leak. You could try adding some glue (best use UV glue) around the 10mm DD cavity of the shell to seal it up. I think the 6mm DD only adds note weight it's dim but I think it audiable. But anyway the MT4 is not a detail monster considering the configuration and its price point.
i replaced a DD to 8mm titan driver :)
https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=PSFswU1

Super DD, very wonderful!
Replaced in fake Light Harmonic Mera this driver and now sound super! :)

Ps MT4 ordered too :)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #3,733 of 3,805
yeah that had me raising an eyebrow, too.
My guess is that whereas the TA3 has electronic crossover and passive dampening, the MT4 only has the later.
So the signatures are quite similar, but the TA3 is potentially more refined.

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #3,734 of 3,805
yeah that had me raising an eyebrow, too.
My guess is that whereas the TA3 has electronic crossover and passive dampening, the MT4 only has the later.
So the signatures are quite similar, but the TA3 is potentially more refined.
Hmmmmm, that 'electronic crossover' worths about one RMB and it exists in the MT4 actually. The TA3 I bet has one more resistor and one more capacitor so maybe that's not the real retail price of the TA3 I don't know or it has a better pair of DD...hmmm..

Feb 27, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #3,735 of 3,805
Hmmmmm, that 'electronic crossover' worths about one RMB and it exists in the MT4 actually. The TA3 I bet has one more resistor and one more capacitor so maybe that's not the real retail price of the TA3 I don't know or it has a better pair of DD...hmmm..
well the TA3 also comes with a modular cable and a much more complex faceplate, so I guess that also could be some of the reasons.
Good eye about the MT4, I didn't catch that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back