TRN impressions thread
Jan 16, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #3,676 of 3,808
Hey guys, just received the T350, which is a one DD, one Knowles BA TWS. Yup, the BA is a 33518. Sound impressions to be posted later but the case does look kinda premium like a car key (well not this one, but you get the idea):
20230116_194022.jpg20230116_194129.jpg20230116_194150.jpg20230116_194605.jpg
The printing on the box is more premium coated compared to other TRN IEMs/TWSs, but it's very reflective so it's almost impossible to take a focused shot under the light... I only just realised all TWS I have are buds and so I am actually impressed by its sound so far. Very nice stereo imaging and staging. Pretty decent detail as well.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #3,677 of 3,808
Hey guys, just received the T350, which is a one DD, one Knowles BA TWS. Yup, the BA is a 33518. Sound impressions to be posted later but the case does look kinda premium like a car key (well not this one, but you get the idea):
20230116_194022.jpg20230116_194129.jpg20230116_194150.jpg20230116_194605.jpg
The printing on the box is more premium coated compared to other TRN IEMs/TWSs, but it's very reflective so it's almost impossible to take a focused shot under the light... I only just realised all TWS I have are buds and so I am actually impressed by its sound so far. Very nice stereo imaging and staging. Pretty decent detail as well.
Tell us later. Btw I like the leather texture on the case surface, one of a kind among TWS charging case.

Jan 16, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #3,679 of 3,808

I am still trying to measure the FR because I went into problems with my DAPs don't want to play the testing sound via bluetooth when using ARTA/REW...

I think it is a faster version of the TA1 MAX with a faster bass in general. The bass is equally strong and punchy as the MAX and the ST5 so I guess it's the same berry DD again, which is a good thing. Sound overall is smooth with good extensions at both ends and very good balance but the MAX has a slightly sharper sound and better extreme treble extension since it is wired and perhaps because it has a metal shell. The stage is pretty impressive with correct placement of the frequencies and I think this is one of the highlights of the T350. Detail retrival is very good for a TWS IEM in this price range but the overall detail is probably limited by bluetooth mostly at the extreme treble end. Connectivity and the passive isolation are excellent and I will check its connectivtity stability in the crowd later.

I think it will open-up more as I am hearing more treble detail so will update my impressions later.

I would also like to say that the sound quality actually depends on the BT (or even DAC?/pre BT processing) quality of the source. I just tried with the Shanling M8, Hiby RS6 and my Samsung phone and the M8 sounded inferior and the RS6 sounded best. Perhaps if you have a Shanling device, just avoid using it with any TWS IEMs. Playing through the RS6 I actually heard similar hifi quality as wired IEMs at least in this price range.

I further tested with the Sony ZX507 and the sound quality was very good, even better than the RS6. I actually find the SQ with the Sony better than the TA1 MAX here or maybe comparable to the ST5. The notes are rounder but more airy and very punchy. I have hard time to tell this is a TWS IEM here already. The only complain from me is that on some tracks I hear hints of sibilance but it's very acceptable.

Also I should have posted picture of the IEM.
20230117_130911.jpg
vs the ST5 and XuanWu.
The shell is rather different, almost like a typical KZ shell actually with very good seal and comfort.

**Updated my impressions.

Another Update:
I think you should forget about the phone call quality... :cold_sweat:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #3,680 of 3,808
I am still trying to measure the FR because I went into problems with my DAPs don't want to play the testing sound via bluetooth when using ARTA/REW...

I think it is a cleaned up version of the TA1 MAX with no more bass bleeding into the mids. The bass is equally strong and punchy as the MAX and the ST5 so I guess it's the same berry DD again, which is a good thing. Sound not as sharp as them very likely due to the resin shell instead of metal shell. Sound overall is smooth with good extensions at both ends and very good balance. The stage is pretty impressive with correct placement of the frequencies and I think this is one of the highlights of the T350. Detail retrival is very good. Connectivity and the passive isolation are excellent and I will check its connectivtity stability in the crowd later.

I think it will open-up more as I am hearing more treble detail so will update my impressions later.

I would also like to say that the sound quality actually depends on the BT (or even DAC?) quality of the source. I just tried with the Shanling M8, Hiby RS6 and my Samsung phone and the M8 sounded inferior and the RS6 sounded best. Playing through the RS6 I actually hear the same hifi quality as wired IEMs at least in this price range.

vs the ST5 and XuanWu.
The shell is rather different, almost like a typical KZ shell actually with very good seal and comfort.
Just tested the conncetivity in a radio wave noisy environment and even at the pedstrian crossing with those hearing-aid transmitters there were zero interference and zero stuttering, just smooth playback of music so I am geniunely impressed by this new QCC3071 chip. The transmission range of it was about 15 meters and one thin wall.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #3,681 of 3,808

I think it is a faster version of the TA1 MAX with a faster bass in general. The bass is equally strong and punchy as the MAX and the ST5 so I guess it's the same berry DD again, which is a good thing. Sound overall is smooth with good extensions at both ends and very good balance but the MAX has a slightly sharper sound and better extreme treble extension since it is wired and perhaps because it has a metal shell. The stage is pretty impressive with correct placement of the frequencies and I think this is one of the highlights of the T350. Detail retrival is very good for a TWS IEM in this price range but the overall detail is probably limited by bluetooth mostly at the extreme treble end. Connectivity and the passive isolation are excellent and I will check its connectivtity stability in the crowd later.

I would also like to say that the sound quality actually depends on the BT (or even DAC?/pre BT processing) quality of the source. I just tried with the Shanling M8, Hiby RS6 and my Samsung phone and the M8 sounded inferior and the RS6 sounded best. Perhaps if you have a Shanling device, just avoid using it with any TWS IEMs. Playing through the RS6 I actually heard similar hifi quality as wired IEMs at least in this price range.

I further tested with the Sony ZX507 and the sound quality was very good, even better than the RS6. I actually find the SQ with the Sony better than the TA1 MAX here or maybe comparable to the ST5. The notes are rounder but more airy and very punchy. I have hard time to tell this is a TWS IEM here already. The only complain from me is that on some tracks I hear hints of sibilance but it's very acceptable.

20230117_130911.jpg
vs the ST5 and XuanWu.

**Updated my impressions.
Updated.

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #3,682 of 3,808
Screenshot_2023-01-17-22-49-48-82_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg

TRN XuanWu crossover modifications by me.

Stock(too bright):
Screenshot_2023-01-17-22-50-00-91_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg

Inside(stock):
IMG20230117213624.jpg

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #3,684 of 3,808
The original graph looks more like a QC problem to me.
Mine looks like this:
1674124085959.png
maybe, but I feel like I have a lot of bass, it's obvious from the my graph

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #3,685 of 3,808
maybe, but I feel like I have a lot of bass, it's obvious from the my graph
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:I think mine is the first batch, with metal grills at the nozzles and from my graph there is much less bass boost. I have a spare pair (that has to be fixed...) with paper filters at the nozzles instead so maybe yours is third batch that they somehow changed the tuning or messed up with the QC?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #3,686 of 3,808
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:I think mine is the first batch, with metal grills at the nozzles and from my graph there is much less bass boost. I have a spare pair (that has to be fixed...) with paper filters at the nozzles instead so maybe yours is third batch?
I have not from the first parties for sure :wink: maybe a...n'th batch 😅 i dont know

Jan 19, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #3,688 of 3,808
Jan 19, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #3,689 of 3,808
Jan 19, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #3,690 of 3,808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back