TRN impressions thread
Apr 15, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #3,002 of 3,808
Apr 15, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #3,004 of 3,808
EST drivers are responsible for a very limited range of frequencies so you can't really compare them with each other. EST drivers exist to work with other drivers, usually in a tribrid setup.
Yes, I see. I was instead hoping the EST drivers would provide me with a resolution upgrade over my 7Hz Timeless.

Apr 16, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #3,005 of 3,808

Apr 16, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #3,006 of 3,808

Apr 16, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #3,008 of 3,808
Let us hope someone is gonna compare the TRN BAX to the Dunu EST112. Will the tuning hold up?
The video I just posted “Akros” seems to think the Bax is slightly too heavy in the bass. I just predicted such opinions. Basically it just depends what bass you like. I haven’t heard the EST 112, but you’re right, that’s going to be a good comparison! It will be interesting to hear people’s opinions about the Bax vs EST 112 midrange and treble too!

Apr 16, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #3,010 of 3,808
Why do you want to EQ the Bax prior to hearing it?
Definitely gonna use EQ on the BAX. It would just perfectly round up my setup: one planar IEM, one single DD IEM and one tribid.

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #3,012 of 3,808
@https://www.head-fi.org/members/extubegamer.550062/

I always listen first and sometimes see graphs first but typically just go by the sound. Though everyone has there own process that works for them individually!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #3,013 of 3,808
trn-bax-graph.png

This seems to be the graph of the BAX. The drop at 7k Hz should be fixable with foam tips.

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #3,014 of 3,808

This seems to be the graph of the BAX. The drop at 7k Hz should be fixable with foam tips.
For me anyway, foam makes the bass too strong, that has been my belief for a long time. Still I haven’t tried foam with the Bax? So........? For my hearing the FR was a dream just the way it was out of the box!

If I studied graphs and thought about correction before the IEM arrived, I would actually hear the faults if they were there or not! Lol

Graphs have an important purpose, especially comparison of IEMs, but they can also be a source of trouble. Meaning at times things in the graph are not really there, or there is stuff that gets missed with the graph. It’s much more important what your ears perceive.......as that’s reality. They are just an extra tool.

There have been instances when an IEM was measured wrong, and subsequently everyone saw the graph before hearing the IEM. Then they actually heard the wrong response (suggestive bias).........later to be discovered the measurements were totally wrong. But by that time the community had made up its mind about the IEM. So the whole process was based on a falsehood, that distorted the community’s viewpoint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back