TRN impressions thread
Aug 31, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #2,311 of 3,805
I have one on the way and will post my impressions here whenever it arrives. I will check all of the above.

What I would like to learn, if you could please confirm, if is they changed any of the controls with the buttons? I actually prefer TRNs scheme to Fiio models as it makes skipping tracks a lot faster. The volume control is lost on TRNs but I fiddle with that a lot less than track skipping so I hope it stayed the same.

Aug 31, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #2,312 of 3,805
What I would like to learn, if you could please confirm, if is they changed any of the controls with the buttons? I actually prefer TRNs scheme to Fiio models as it makes skipping tracks a lot faster. The volume control is lost on TRNs but I fiddle with that a lot less than track skipping so I hope it stayed the same.

18976848261669537429.jpg

Aug 31, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #2,313 of 3,805
My thoughts on the TRN H2.

Surprised there is not more talk on these.

I agree. I actually really like them. I hate the IM2s sound, but love the IM2 solid resin build and fit. That’s why I decided to give the H2 a try a few months ago.

Well, the H2 sound good for such an ‘entry’ budget earphone. The v shape is perfect for EDM, techno, trance, synth wave, dark wave, 80s rock, etc.

Kudos to whoever tuned it (Kopi, was it you?)

And they fit PERFECT with the BT20 adapter, like it was made for it.

The price is stupid cheap.

Another advantage is that there’s ONE driver, not 29 drivers. So it’s pretty impossible for even TRN to screw that QC up! The worst risk is being soldered out of phase, but luckily mine are perfect.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #2,315 of 3,805
Hi, how did you manage to open the casing?
I am looking to open it as well: the cable on the right BT20s receiver stops working if bent - probably a broken or lose wire... trying to get it fixed myself.

There is a cover that pops off quite easily. I usually use a thin metal spudger tool.

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #2,316 of 3,805
Anyone order the BT20S Pro?

I'm wondering if it has an improvement in the noise floor, if it still blinks when playing music and what will fit the charging case.
I am testing its battery right now from 1pm till now 9pm it is still rocking
The noise completely gone but I feel the bt20s is about 10% louder
There is blue light blinking anymore
Fit fine with iems attached
First sound impression the pro is a bit warmer
Or maybe I need to burn it more🤔

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #2,318 of 3,805
There is no blue light flicking anymore

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #2,319 of 3,805
Anyone order the BT20S Pro?

I'm wondering if it has an improvement in the noise floor, if it still blinks when playing music and what will fit the charging case.
Ordered a set from AK Audio during last sale, but it hasn't shipped yet. Apparently they're waiting for it to be in stock.
I'm really curious about it, as I skipped the previous versions. After all the praise the BT20 and BT20S received, and with the possibility to use them with various terminations, the Pros were hard to resist.

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #2,320 of 3,805
Hi, how did you manage to open the casing?
I am looking to open it as well: the cable on the right BT20s receiver stops working if bent - probably a broken or lose wire... trying to get it fixed myself.
There is a cover that pops off quite easily. I usually use a thin metal spudger tool.

Similar, I don't have a metal spudger though.

I used a razor from a box cutter (the trapazoid shaped one) on the opening of the cover to release the glue on one spot along the long sides.

Then I used the guitar picks included on a cellphone repair tool kit to go around the edges of the cover and then to pop the bottom up.

The top (where the ear hook comes out) has a post that is glued and will have to be broken free. You'll probably need to trim or break it off once the cover is off, for it to fit flush on reassembly.

I used some e8000 glue to help hold the cover and seal around it.

There is no blue light flicking anymore

Thanks!

Do the ear hooks have a spring wire (fast rebound to shape) in them or are they softer and only a plastic hook (slow rebound to shape)?

I'd definitely take a 10% volume cut to have no hiss. I barely make 50-60% on my harder to drive 120Ω & 150Ω earbuds on the non-pro.

Got any all BA, low impedance and high sensitivity IEMs to double check? My Westones had too much hiss on the BT20S, it was loud enough to be distracting during some songs. The older BT20 was a liveable amount and not noticed during music.

Ordered a set from AK Audio during last sale, but it hasn't shipped yet. Apparently they're waiting for it to be in stock.
I'm really curious about it, as I skipped the previous versions. After all the praise the BT20 and BT20S received, and with the possibility to use them with various terminations, the Pros were hard to resist.

Exactly.

Truthfully also not having wireless charging and it having a shallow IEM storage area had me hesitant. It almost looked like you'd need to disconnect the IEMs to charge/store them.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #2,321 of 3,805
Yeah me too
I thought this is a bad design that we have to detach iems everytime we put back in case but after I saw some videos on YouTube!
I ordered one immediately
Right now testing the battery for the second round
Yesterday It last almost 9 hours
Charging back about 1 hour and40 minutes
I used it with my ba5 and fiio, there is no hiss

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #2,323 of 3,805
Love it so far IMG_20200831_192132.jpg

How is the compartment space for the IEMs themselves? is it big enough? and they are auto ON and connected to your device once they are taken off the case like TWS right? and auto off when plugged back in? just to double confirm about that.

Can you confirm back the sound signature if they are warmer? Thanks a lot

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #2,324 of 3,805
How is the compartment space for the IEMs themselves? is it big enough? and they are auto ON and connected to your device once they are taken off the case like TWS right? and auto off when plugged back in? just to double confirm about that.

Can you confirm back the sound signature if they are warmer? Thanks a lot
It still sounds warmer than my old bt20s
Yes it can fit in the case with the iems attached - you can watch kopi o Kaya YouTube videos
Yes it automatically turns on and connects to the previous device
And automatically turns off when charge
And we can manually turn off while outside the case
Now still testing the battery
It is nearly 10 hours 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back