Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #1,577 of 1,725
Anybody happen to know the exact diameter of the Olina's screen filter? It's hard to measure exactly, with my tools anyway, could be 5mm, but could be 4.9 or even 4.8...

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #1,580 of 1,725
that's what I noticed. So.... what IS the cable that comes stock with the Olina? Is it silver plated copper or not?
Don't really care what it is but it's noticeably dark sounding. I stopped using it right after break-in.
I like this cable for a reasonable price. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001677257226.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.37dd2e0eZnnXbo

With the cable(when on sale) and filters, I have about $135 into these and am quite happy with them as a backup.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #1,581 of 1,725
I'm also considering this combo. how does olina sound with AZ09P ? do you have other sources to compare?
I know you didn't ask me but I do have the Olina and have tried it on the AZ09 pro. It is a must to run it in high gain and at least for me it just wasn't quite enough, which I figured before trying. It can be driven to okay volume levels but feels held back. I'm not saying it isn't enjoyable and even usable because it (Az09 Pro+Olina) certainly can do the job for portable uses. So I also tried the Olina with both the Fiio Utws3 and utws5 and both of those sound much better with the utws5 obviously sounding clearly the best of the 3. However not everyone can get their hands on the utws5 for whatever reason anymore. Anyways the AZ09 Pro can do the job, not perfect but I wouldn't expect it to be,... but also.... not bad either. I always prefer the Olina in a wired setup and absolutely love the sound of this set as it seems to want as much power as you can give it.

Apr 21, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #1,582 of 1,725
I know you didn't ask me but I do have the Olina and have tried it on the AZ09 pro. It is a must to run it in high gain and at least for me it just wasn't quite enough, which I figured before trying. It can be driven to okay volume levels but feels held back. I'm not saying it isn't enjoyable and even usable because it (Az09 Pro+Olina) certainly can do the job for portable uses. So I also tried the Olina with both the Fiio Utws3 and utws5 and both of those sound much better with the utws5 obviously sounding clearly the best of the 3. However not everyone can get their hands on the utws5 for whatever reason anymore. Anyways the AZ09 Pro can do the job, not perfect but I wouldn't expect it to be,... but also.... not bad either. I always prefer the Olina in a wired setup and absolutely love the sound of this set as it seems to want as much power as you can give it.
Thanks for the answer. may I ask what source do you use for wired? I mean.. how much power are we talking? I have FIIO BTR3K which has about 80mW balanced output. would that be enough?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #1,583 of 1,725
I'm also considering this combo. how does olina sound with AZ09P ? do you have other sources to compare?
I'm actually very impressed and happy with this combo. Using them with an iPhone presently - volume rarely needs to go above 50%.

In high mode, I can drop the volume down a bit, but as i'm not getting APTX on iPhone, the sound quality is the same.

I have used them wired with my Qudelix 5k - which sounded awesome as well, but I would be lying if I said they were much more or even marginally better than the AZ09P's.

Bottom line: I'm keeping the AZ09 Pro combo. I love the olina's bass and treble range without needing any eq. I am also using the double filter mod.

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #1,584 of 1,725
I'm gonna have to defer to your more accurate hearing :)

If I had a 2-pin UTWS3 I probably would have used that - as it does have more grunt than the AZ09P. I think you've summed it up well: "not perfect but I wouldn't expect it to be,... but also.... not bad either."

Money well spent!

Apr 21, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #1,585 of 1,725
Thanks for the answer. may I ask what source do you use for wired? I mean.. how much power are we talking? I have FIIO BTR3K which has about 80mW balanced output. would that be enough?
Mostly I use my ibasso dx240 dap, Fiio m11 plus ess or ifi go blu when out and about and at times the utws5. I think the btr3k should be good. The Olina just needs power to open her up a bit, that's all. I don't want anyone getting upset or anything as I really really enjoy the az09 pro's. They took me by surprise. The dac in the SOC actually sounds good man. I use it on more sensitive iems for the most part but it can drive stuff like the Olina. However compared to something like the utws5 there is a hair of a difference to me. It's not big of a difference but one I notice and so I simply took these off of the kz adapters to save their battery life a bit. Ya man, the btr3k is a nice device for the price and I think should be fine for this set.

Apr 21, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #1,586 of 1,725
I'm gonna have to defer to your more accurate hearing :)

If I had a 2-pin UTWS3 I probably would have used that - as it does have more grunt than the AZ09P. I think you've summed it up well: "not perfect but I wouldn't expect it to be,... but also.... not bad either."

Money well spent!
Ya I actually really enjoy the az09 pro. People always scoff at me for rec'ing these adapters but I love how well they fit and they are very dynamic and not sterile at all. I have the Hidizs MS2 on them and boy does it sound so good. KZ did a fantastic job. Also, sorry I wasn't trying to put down any setup at all because I don't think it's a bad combo (Olina/Az09 Pro) at all. If I didn't have the utws 3/5 I would be very happy with the AZ09 Pro

Apr 21, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,587 of 1,725
I'm actually very impressed and happy with this combo. Using them with an iPhone presently - volume rarely needs to go above 50%.

In high mode, I can drop the volume down a bit, but as i'm not getting APTX on iPhone, the sound quality is the same.

I have used them wired with my Qudelix 5k - which sounded awesome as well, but I would be lying if I said they were much more or even marginally better than the AZ09P's.

Bottom line: I'm keeping the AZ09 Pro combo. I love the olina's bass and treble range without needing any eq. I am also using the double filter mod.
I have landed on the double filter mod as well. I just like it the best of all the combos I've tried. Just enough low end without murking up the rest of the spectrum. Man I love this set

Users who are viewing this thread

Back