Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Apr 8, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #1,561 of 1,725
20220407_184523.jpg
Have been vigorously comparing these (and NiceHCK Topguy not in the picture):smirk:

Apr 8, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #1,563 of 1,725
I'm using mine with the Qudelix 5k, which sounds great, but i'd love to lose the cable :ksc75smile:
Ya the good thing about the utws5 is that it can actually drive the Olina. Olina like power and truthfully from my experience the more the better but utws5 has just enough output with a good dac chip embedded that seems to work well with it.

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #1,564 of 1,725
Just saw an Olina youtube review and for the first time noticed that the exterior box says the cable is 4 core OCC. However the Linsoul product description says the cable is SPC. Which is it? Is it possible that at one time the included cable was spec'd to be OCC, the boxes went to print, and after that the cable was changed to SPC?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #1,570 of 1,725
how does tanya compares to olina ? is it a completely different tuning ?

Night and day difference between the two. Though not a fair comparison as the Tanya is like 1/5 the price of the Olina.

Tanchjim Tanya is warmer with a thicker note weight. Tanya is harder to drive but smoother and less fatiguing and way less technical (Tanya has poorer imaging, micro-details, clarity, instrument separation and edge definition). Tanya's bass is much slower and of poorer quality too.

Think of the Olina as a more analytical and technical set, whereas the Tanya is one to chill back and relax, very analoguish sounding instead. Tanya also has a non-detachable cable which may be a deal-breaker for some.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #1,571 of 1,725
Just saw an Olina youtube review and for the first time noticed that the exterior box says the cable is 4 core OCC. However the Linsoul product description says the cable is SPC. Which is it? Is it possible that at one time the included cable was spec'd to be OCC, the boxes went to print, and after that the cable was changed to SPC?
SPC refers to material, which mean the cable made of Silver plated Copper while OCC refers to production process, therefore it is possible for SPC cable made with OCC process

Apr 18, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #1,573 of 1,725
So I got more filter values the other day. Tried all the options and I’m staying with 250 over the stock filter and 250 over the vent. It was odd, I tried 200 over front vent and it sounded underdamped so instead of less bass, it just had less rhythmic bass and sounded more bloated. I really think 250 is the sweet spot for both. Like this, I absolutely prefer them to the oxygen I had but I likely had the low bass version so ymmv. As a reference, in the single driver moderate price point stuff, I've also owned the Kato and listened to the Timeless. As currently configured, I enjoy these as much any of them (likely a bit more but the others are no longer here to compare) though they're all close enough to please. As they come stock/unmodded, I'd rate these 4th favorite out of those 4.

Ducks.

4.5mm 250 mesh
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002875037663.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.26802e0eSRYnWc

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #1,574 of 1,725
that makes no sense for an SPC cable to describe itself as OCC... if they really meant to highlight the manufacturing process of the copper core, they'd say silver plating over OCC.

Apr 18, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #1,575 of 1,725
that makes no sense for an SPC cable to describe itself as OCC... if they really meant to highlight the manufacturing process of the copper core, they'd say silver plating over OCC.

On the Olina packaging the cable is described as "4 core OCC copper".
There is nothing written about silver plating, contrary to what is stated on the Linsoul and Tripowin websites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back