Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
May 3, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #1,591 of 1,725
Great depending on what tips you use. i use SednaEarfitLight with no mod, then filter over front vent. Dap is incredable.

May 4, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #1,592 of 1,725
Thanks for the previous answer.Any other using olina with m11 pro. Is the pairing very good? I am confused which should i buy, olina,fd5,s12,timeless or kato. Going to use solely with m11 pro. My current budget is to buy only one so asking again any impressions will be helpful🙏

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #1,594 of 1,725
Thanks for the previous answer.Any other using olina with m11 pro. Is the pairing very good? I am confused which should i buy, olina,fd5,s12,timeless or kato. Going to use solely with m11 pro. My current budget is to buy only one so asking again any impressions will be helpful🙏
i can only speak for olina and s12 : if you prefer a brighter signature with gritty forward mids go olina, if you prefer cleaner, rounder, bassier sound go s12.

May 5, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #1,595 of 1,725
i can only speak for olina and s12 : if you prefer a brighter signature with gritty forward mids go olina, if you prefer cleaner, rounder, bassier sound go s12.
Yep, what he said

May 5, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #1,596 of 1,725
nvm

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #1,597 of 1,725
I’ve been looking for an upgrade to my KZ ZS10 Pro and the Timeless, S12, Mele and Olina keep coming up. The early comments in this topic regarding the Mele performance for Avenged Sevenfold almost had me sold but I’m a little confused, is the Olina an upgrade to the Mele or with its slightly lower bass is the Mele better for rock? Is the S12 worth nearly double the price of the Olina or is a modded Olina what I’m after?

What I’m looking for - I have the ZS10 Pro and KZ x CRN, I prefer the V shaped tuning of the ZS10 Pro but appreciate the better clarity of the CRN. The CRN is a more comfortable fit. I want something exciting and fun to listen to as opposed to reference. I mainly listen to rock (avenged sevenfold, shinedown, halestorm to name a few examples) but with good soundstage and separation. I want to feel like I’m listening to a live show. It’s gotta be a notable upgrade from the KZ’s. Is the Olina the right choice?

My go to test track at the moment is Avenged Sevenfolds Acid rain. How’s the sub bass rumble at the beginning. How’s the soundstage? Does the bass intro build and pass over head? Are the instruments clearly separate or lost in the bass? Are the vocals forward? Right at the end how’s the rain effect, am I in the rain or looking out at it?

Anyone help before I buy something that may or may not be right?

Oh, source is Sony NW-A105 / Topping NX1S amp.

May 8, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #1,598 of 1,725
I’ve been looking for an upgrade to my KZ ZS10 Pro and the Timeless, S12, Mele and Olina keep coming up. The early comments in this topic regarding the Mele performance for Avenged Sevenfold almost had me sold but I’m a little confused, is the Olina an upgrade to the Mele or with its slightly lower bass is the Mele better for rock? Is the S12 worth nearly double the price of the Olina or is a modded Olina what I’m after?

What I’m looking for - I have the ZS10 Pro and KZ x CRN, I prefer the V shaped tuning of the ZS10 Pro but appreciate the better clarity of the CRN. The CRN is a more comfortable fit. I want something exciting and fun to listen to as opposed to reference. I mainly listen to rock (avenged sevenfold, shinedown, halestorm to name a few examples) but with good soundstage and separation. I want to feel like I’m listening to a live show. It’s gotta be a notable upgrade from the KZ’s. Is the Olina the right choice?

My go to test track at the moment is Avenged Sevenfolds Acid rain. How’s the sub bass rumble at the beginning. How’s the soundstage? Does the bass intro build and pass over head? Are the instruments clearly separate or lost in the bass? Are the vocals forward? Right at the end how’s the rain effect, am I in the rain or looking out at it?

Oh, source is Sony NW-A105 / Topping NX1S amp.
olina is a good enough upgrade from zs10 pro so no need to spend more on s12 for the moment (planar war just started so planar prices are likely to go down from now on). but to match bass level of zs10 pro you'll have to mod olina ( double filter is easy to do and adds the most bass out of the different mods tested ).

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #1,599 of 1,725

I've recently bought Olina. and previously was using CRA which is V shaped with LOTs of rumble. when I first tried Olina I was a little disappointed because I was used to CRA signature and Olina lacked bass to me (even after double mesh mod). but interesting thing is the more I listened to Olina the more I loved it and somehow it shifted my taste!!! and now CRA sounds... "wrong" to me!! Olina is so natural .. and no matter how hard I tried to mod or EQ the CRA, I couldn't get near the quality of vocals on Olina .. also it's very 3D and CRA like 2D in comparison. (CRA sounds wide but doesn't have the depth and height of Olina).
just listened to your test track. It's quite an experience on Olina. Instrument separation is superb and you truly feel standing in the rain and thunder coming from above..!
but beware .. it might not change your taste like me. I'd say it won't satisfy bassheads. in "Acid Rain" you hear subbass frequencies at the beginning but it doesn't shake your head..! and also I think the music composer didn't mean this to happen in this song..!
my bass test is "bark loud" by Noga Erez. if you crank the volume, Olina punches REALY hard that you feel the impact quiet hard. also you feel the rumble. but it's clean.
All I say is that Olina won't give you rumble every time in every track. but it does when it's needed.
I'm going to write my first impressions after a few days of use. but so far I really love it.

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #1,600 of 1,725
I've recently bought Olina. and previously was using CRA which is V shaped with LOTs of rumble. when I first tried Olina I was a little disappointed because I was used to CRA signature and Olina lacked bass to me (even after double mesh mod). but interesting thing is the more I listened to Olina the more I loved it and somehow it shifted my taste!!! and now CRA sounds... "wrong" to me!! Olina is so natural .. and no matter how hard I tried to mod or EQ the CRA, I couldn't get near the quality of vocals on Olina .. also it's very 3D and CRA like 2D in comparison. (CRA sounds wide but doesn't have the depth and height of Olina).
just listened to your test track. It's quite an experience on Olina. Instrument separation is superb and you truly feel standing in the rain and thunder coming from above..!
but beware .. it might not change your taste like me. I'd say it won't satisfy bassheads. in "Acid Rain" you hear subbass frequencies at the beginning but it doesn't shake your head..! and also I think the music composer didn't mean this to happen in this song..!
my bass test is "bark loud" by Noga Erez. if you crank the volume, Olina punches REALY hard that you feel the impact quiet hard. also you feel the rumble. but it's clean.
All I say is that Olina won't give you rumble every time in every track. but it does when it's needed.
I'm going to write my first impressions after a few days of use. but so far I really love it.
Thank you for the great reply. My only reservation is with regards to the bass levels, as I say i find the KZ x CRN a bit boring.

May I ask, is your write up based on stock or modified Olina?

May 9, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #1,601 of 1,725
Thank you for the great reply. My only reservation is with regards to the bass levels, as I say i find the KZ x CRN a bit boring.

May I ask, is your write up based on stock or modified Olina?
haven't heard CRN but looking at graph it's quiet similar to Olina. sth in between stock and modded olina. it has similar subbass to modded olina but not as much mid bass . but graph doesn't tell you everything. if you want something more exiting take a look at CCA CRA , T3 plus or IKKO OH10
and my impressions was based on modded Olina

1652117840215.png

May 9, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #1,602 of 1,725
It all depends on your power source as well. You may not even need to mod like many others. I have then running on high gain with M11 ltd with only the front vents covered and sound perfectly fine to me with the bass. ( find a good ear tip)To each is own and we all hear differently.

May 9, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #1,603 of 1,725
Finally got mine after waiting over a month.

First impressions:

- Sounds like a Moondrop single DD IEM with added spice. (I personally love dat 13k peak.)
- Pretty good technicalities.
- Timbre is somewhere between the Starfield and FDX1, which matches with my tastes.
- Good case and decent cable, IEM nozzle is too short.

Nothing to complain about really, except having some nitpicks with the fit given the very short nozzle

Very easy rec if you are looking for a budget set, not sure if the Olina will work for everyone tho, should please most people but people looking for a more neutral set might want to look elsewhere.

May 11, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #1,604 of 1,725
Tried the double filter mod which tames down the pinna gain, looks like Olina is a new personal favorite, that was the only real problem I had the Olina, though I can see some people loving the upper mids energy of the stock sound.

I don't think you can ever go wrong with the Olina given that you can tweak the sound with a super easy mod and it's very competent on technicalities., it's that good.

Not a fan of hyping stuff, but the Olina lives up to the hype, it's one of the best budget set's you can get right now.

May 13, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #1,605 of 1,725
Finally got mine after waiting over a month.

First impressions:

- Sounds like a Moondrop single DD IEM with added spice. (I personally love dat 13k peak.)
- Pretty good technicalities.
- Timbre is somewhere between the Starfield and FDX1, which matches with my tastes.
- Good case and decent cable, IEM nozzle is too short.

Nothing to complain about really, except having some nitpicks with the fit given the very short nozzle

Very easy rec if you are looking for a budget set, not sure if the Olina will work for everyone tho, should please most people but people looking for a more neutral set might want to look elsewhere.
Funny, but to my ears Olina is kind of on the long side, which I compensate by using shorter tips. For reference, what I find short is S12 (hence longer tips applied).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back