Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Jul 11, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #1,622 of 1,725
imo softears is the best tips for olina, why you hate it? second best is final type e
They butchered the sound basically. Call it fit problems, but I used my regular size, and also I did not notice it with Xelastec. Second, there was audible flex when I was running in them, more so than in Xelastec.
I generally don't understand the appeal of the extra soft sticky tips - you get a smidge better isolation (supposedly) but pay for it with extra maintenance as you just have to wash them every time since they get gross so easy.

Jul 11, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #1,623 of 1,725
They butchered the sound basically. Call it fit problems, but I used my regular size, and also I did not notice it with Xelastec. Second, there was audible flex when I was running in them, more so than in Xelastec.
I generally don't understand the appeal of the extra soft sticky tips - you get a smidge better isolation (supposedly) but pay for it with extra maintenance as you just have to wash them every time since they get gross so easy.
I love the Olina a lot. They sound gooooood with L Spiral Dot's through my HiBy R5. Azla Xelastec sound good but start to look grotty and miss-shape quite quickly. Spiral Dot's have a very long life and sound excellent.

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #1,624 of 1,725
i think i understand about the "butchered" part. mid frequency sound so clean on softears thus make it sound unnatural for some, however it gave me the chance to use a warmer cable without sacrificing vocal character from olina.

about the flex, yeah i just notice it after i read your comment

Jul 11, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #1,625 of 1,725
I love the Olina a lot. They sound gooooood with L Spiral Dot's through my HiBy R5. Azla Xelastec sound good but start to look grotty and miss-shape quite quickly. Spiral Dot's have a very long life and sound excellent.
Unfortunately Spiral Dots are hard to find in my region. But I'm quite happy with Sedna Lights, and I'm soon to try CP100.

Jul 17, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #1,628 of 1,725
what you'll notice first on olina coming from zs10 pro is now much more natural human voice sound (zs10 pro has a artificial metallic trebble boost that makes human voices chesty and nosy).
you will also notice that zs10 pro has deeper bass but dual damper mod on olina ( or even front vent mod that has a bit less bass but more details ) will help closing a bit the gap.
I mean its a classic KZ V shape I would say as far as 30 dollar V headphones they do a pretty nice job.

Jul 25, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #1,630 of 1,725
Modding does more for resonance control at higher frequencies and damping factor on the bass. Transducer frequency response is often confused with overall goodness. Phase, distortion, resonance, damping, group delay etc don't show up in response curves. That said, 2 of those will not be problematic in a single driver IEM. I generally avoid EQ since I find I can hear the circuits or included buffers etc in my better kit but no need to be that anal with a $99 device. :relaxed:

I sound like a broken record but just get these in the 4.5mm + 250r value, put one on the front vent and one on the nozzle and call it a day. Less than $5 for 20. You'll need to copy and paste this link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802688722911.html

I tried a bunch if iterations and found this the best compromise, for me, and I've had custom and kilobuck IEMs. JH13fp, Andros, PP8s, EEs, S8 etc.
Have you tried Tanya filter or double stock filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back