Triple Fi 10 - Is this a joke?
Dec 9, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #136 of 186

Quote:
To me it does
blink.gif
 I dunno it just seems logical. For instance take a home speaker and turn it upside down. Does the sound change? I would think so. As you change the path of frequencies.

and the weird part is that I may actually enjoy the flip mod more..but when you think about it, especially with your speaker example in mind, this is so wrong on many levels..
blink.gif

just goes to show we all have different tastes and ways of hearing...

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #138 of 186
i like the non flip mod- over the ears. There is a process I have to do to get that great fit but its not to hard. I do recommend to put these in as shallow as possible as I have found that I have been totally robbing the tf 10s soundstage and treble. Also really recommend that everyone experiment with every angle possible as it really does change the sound

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #139 of 186

Quote:
i like the non flip mod- over the ears. There is a process I have to do to get that great fit but its not to hard. I do recommend to put these in as shallow as possible as I have found that I have been totally robbing the tf 10s soundstage and treble. Also really recommend that everyone experiment with every angle possible as it really does change the sound

Good, this confirms, I'm not alone.  I had not done the flip mod and wear it over my ears and it worked fine.  I was trying to jam them in but noticed keeping them fairly shallow (but not falling out) helped with the sound.

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #140 of 186

Quote:
*Paired with my TTVJ hybrid portable, the sound is nice and warm, with a nice soundstage. though due to sensitivity, I can hear noise like tube rush  in the background when music is not playing and during quiet passages. tried the plane attenuator but sound was considerably worse. anyone now what the impedance is on that one? with no amp, straight out of ipod, the sound is nice but the sound with amp is much better for me. so might look into some possible attenuators to get rid of the amp noise floor. 

The Triple Fi 10 comes with an attenuator, you can try that out.  At least that's what I think it does, I didn't actually plug it in to see if it behaves as expected.

What I wasn't expecting was a brown cardboard box as packaging.  Luckily I wasn't buying it as a gift because I opened the brown box thinking the actual box is inside of it until I realized I just opened the headphone and it can no longer be considered NIB. 

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #141 of 186
Interesting, mine came in a box and inside the box was a black "eco friendly" box that you can open up and close easily. 

Quote:
What I wasn't expecting was a brown cardboard box as packaging.  Luckily I wasn't buying it as a gift because I opened the brown box thinking the actual box is inside of it until I realized I just opened the headphone and it can no longer be considered NIB. 

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #143 of 186

Quote:
Well my pair was just stolen off my father's workplace's doorstep. The worst part is that I'm not even american.

I'm not really sure I understand but ok.  I'll just look at the second sentence and take it as a compliment.

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #144 of 186
I'm gussing he means that he had someone send it over since the sale was only for US.. (like myself)
so as far as amazon is concerned it has been delivered..so cant claim stolen/lost and ask for new one to be sent...am I right?

as for packaging, mine also came in a nice eco black box..

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #145 of 186

Quote:
Quote:
Well my pair was just stolen off my father's workplace's doorstep. The worst part is that I'm not even american.

I'm not really sure I understand but ok.  I'll just look at the second sentence and take it as a compliment.

not quite sure about the american comment, but if they really got stolen, that really stinks

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #146 of 186

Quote:
I'm gussing he means that he had someone send it over since the sale was only for US.
so as far as amazon is concerned it has been delivered..so cant claim stolen/lost and ask for new one to be sent...am I right?

Got it.  Sux Trysaeder.  Should have automatic indemnity enough to cover the loss if you used USPS.

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #147 of 186

Quote:
Quote:
I'm gussing he means that he had someone send it over since the sale was only for US.

Got it.  Sux Trysaeder.  Should have automatic indemnity enough to cover the loss if you used USPS.

I was worried too about mail getting lost (as it happened a few times) so I made sure it was sent priority mail and I actually called and asked to to keep it so i could pick them up from the post office in person...
the problem with insurance is that you need a receipt to prove the item. so unless you have a physical receipt I'm not sure you can ask for compensation. although maybe the person who delivered it can show a copy of amazon online receipt....

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #148 of 186
Aww that sucks Trysaeder....still waiting for mine to come..amazon has told me that they are still out of stock and when they get more they'll contact me since it is a special order..just got to wait and see

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #149 of 186

Quote:
Interesting, mine came in a box and inside the box was a black "eco friendly" box that you can open up and close easily. 

Quote:

Well mine had the black eco box inside the brown box.  But once the brown box is opened the headphone is considered open.  The eco box can't even hold the contents in with it's barely closing velcro and loose lid, things just fall out when you tilt it.  Basically you wouldn't expect a $400 headphone to have this kind of packaging on the shelf of a store.  They should have probably mentioned this is amazon frustration free packaging or something so people know what to expect. 

In any case, the headphone is nice, I'm liking it more than I thought I would considering how many other headphones I am used to listening to.

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #150 of 186
No, I have IM716s which I used to use with the triple flanges(same as ER4 ones, I think), but they weren't very comfortable either. I think I need to stick with foam, but I'm not sure I really like hte Comply tips that it came with. I have heard other people mention there were better ones, but I'm not really sure what the difference is. 

Quote:
Are these your first IEMs?

IEMs are a very weird physical concept that feels unnatural when you first start using them.  Fitment should be relatively gentle.  You aren't really trying to shove these deep in your ear.  The goal is to NOT harm your ears.

The silicon tips are not great.  Comply tips are much nicer to work with.  The newer Triple.Fi 10 earphones come with Comply tips stock now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back