Triple Fi 10 - Is this a joke?
Dec 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 186
I just got mine in the mail and I had zero problems with the fit.  And then I tried them with the cable over my ears and that's where I came across all the fit problems.  Normally I wrap the cables around my ears for a better fit, but I haven't had those issues so I'm leaving them hanging.

I tried them out of my a P51, a Pico Slim, an Audinst and the GLite and I impressed with how well they scale up better amps.  The GLite was by far my favorite but they still sounded great out straight out of a DAP's jack.  Still prefer my full sized headphones, but the isolation is going to be perfect for trips.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #18 of 186
sorry, but I have a hard time taking much stock in someone who can't spell 'triple,' and who says the "shure se230's" are better. What exactly are the SE230's? You mean SE210?

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #19 of 186

Quote:
sorry, but I have a hard time taking much stock in who says the "shure se230's" are better. What exactly are the SE230's? You mean SE210?

The model lineup has been revamped.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #20 of 186
Either poor fit or defective. Calling them veiled in the upper end is something I won't ever associate with the TripleFis. They have a clear V-shaped sound signature that won't appeal to all.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 186
Ha!  I was just writing this on another thread.  That's also what I've had to do to get a more balanced (but still not perfect) sound out of my TF10s.  Glad I'm not the only one. 
redface.gif
  And I also agree that having to use the EQ is less than ideal. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by morph2k4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The mids and highs were still horribly recessed to the point of making many of my favorite songs unrecognizable.  In desperation, I switched on the EQ and started fiddling with it.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it turns out the trebble booster preset resolves most of my complaints about the sound.  With that set up, the clarity is suddenly comparable to the other headphones I own, putting the tripple fi's in a much more reasonable place.  

That said, needing to EQ for specific headphones while using an mp3 playing phone is a colossal pain in the ass :frowning2:

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #23 of 186
1. be use the use the comply foam tips.
2. make sure source quality. e.g. if you use iPod touch playing 128bits the TF10s will definitely not be properly driven and may sound weak and muddy. 
3. if you don't like the TF10s, you can sell them to me as used and go back to your V-modas. :wink:

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #24 of 186

Quote:
are the triple fi btter than the mnster coppers?

People will say based on preferences.  Depends on what aspect you are looking for.  People have ditched the TF10 for the Coppers others prefer the TF10 to, well, anything.  No right answer unless you can be more specific.

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #25 of 186
Quote:
sorry, but I have a hard time taking much stock in someone who can't spell 'triple,' and who says the "shure se230's" are better. What exactly are the SE230's? You mean SE210?

Sorry, but I have a hard time taking much stock in a prick who calls people out over the internet for misspelling .  If the Shures had the model number printed anywhere on them or anywhere on the case, this wouldn't be a problem.  You can be a waste of space, or you can assume I have the SE210 and respond to the discussion. 

Can you at least appreciate the irony in failing to capitalize the first letter of a sentence in which you attack me over a spelling error?

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #26 of 186
Quote:
Either poor fit or defective. Calling them veiled in the upper end is something I won't ever associate with the TripleFis. They have a clear V-shaped sound signature that won't appeal to all.

I'm starting to think they might be defective, and that the EQ change is covering up the problem.  I'm just going to contact UE and see what they think.  I've got the fit thing figured out, though I'm definitely not happy about it.

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #27 of 186
I unfortunately think this is just simply a scenario of you not liking the sound signature of the Triple-Fi too. :frowning2:

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #28 of 186
There's a difference between preferences and being plain wrong. Saying that the K701 has a small soundstage is not 'preferential', it's wrong. Saying the IE8 has no bass is not preferential, it's wrong.

If you don't hear what you're supposed to hear, there's a problem with either you or the earphone.

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #29 of 186
"3. They simply do not fit in my ears..."

well you already know what the problem is, then.  you have a fit problem.  Solve your fit problem and you solve your sound quality problem.

If you solve the fit problem and they still sound poor, exchange for another pair.  Perhaps they are defective. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #30 of 186
I am actually assuming that the soundwave produced from the Triple.Fi just simply don't work well for his ear canal instead of preferences.

Maybe I just made a fool out of myself.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back