TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 28, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #23,911 of 24,683
Congrats for finally getting the P6. Seems like Air / Pantom 4,6 / Master all feel to be like prototypes.. I used to own P4 & tried P6/Hunter during exhibitions (and both of them either had balance issues or dead driver..) and they all sounded kinda unpolished, or unfinished.

TA probably wouldn't have sunk if they weren't so hasty about blasting out new products so often. They reached out to all kinds of things exceeding their ability.
Can't really disagree much here. I think the Hunter was fairly good for the discounted price back in the day, but it had its flaws. They definitely always tried putting stuff out waaay to often and I never understood it. You make great products which would work incredibly well as bread'n'butter products like the Hyperion and the Delta/DeltaV2 and then they decide to have those products exist for less than a year. Product development and release roadmap didn't seem like a concept they understood.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #23,913 of 24,683
Ok, so I just got my copper foil spindle. I pulled off the copper foil that was on the backing of the Air, folded 6 layers of copper foil in order to have as much conductivity as possible. I then used my double-sided adhesive to stick the shell's back on the IEM... It worked. Before, I could cover the IEM shell with my hands and it would cut out. now I can have both hands cusped over the IEM's and I still get full signal.

Only issue is that the shell does not stay on right now as the double sided tape isn't strong enough to hold the backing. I'll Epoxy the sucker back on and I should be good to go.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #23,914 of 24,683
Ok, so I just got my copper foil spindle. I pulled off the copper foil that was on the backing of the Air, folded 6 layers of copper foil in order to have as much conductivity as possible. I then used my double-sided adhesive to stick the shell's back on the IEM... It worked. Before, I could cover the IEM shell with my hands and it would cut out. now I can have both hands cusped over the IEM's and I still get full signal.

Only issue is that the shell does not stay on right now as the double sided tape isn't strong enough to hold the backing. I'll Epoxy the sucker back on and I should be good to go.

Please say you took photos while you did this!

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #23,915 of 24,683
Please say you took photos while you did this!

No I didn't. :) But the shell is still open and it's far from being a complicated operation. The biggest issue is how flimsy the backing is and the glue is also quite flimsy... I'm gonna epoxy seal it shut, so I have to make sure it's properly done before I close it up. Otherwise, I'll destroy them if I ever need to open them up again.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #23,916 of 24,683
I feel like their release cycles ended up accelerating because they started to need the funding from the next model to help finance production of the previous.

I think you hit the nail on the head, don't think it was a case of wanting to develop products quickly more a case of having too.There early release pre orders were at crazy prices in the beginning to generate business but think they just over estimated business in general.
That's my opinion of what happened to the Hunter, over estimated pre order and sat for ages on orders sold hoping it would pick up of which it didn't. I think the existing few are just pre production first offs let's face it there never is or was the 100s out there they reckon they sent.
Constantly chasing rainbows ....well that's my theory anyway I could be wrong.

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #23,917 of 24,683
I feel like their release cycles ended up accelerating because they started to need the funding from the next model to help finance production of the previous.
I think you hit the nail on the head, don't think it was a case of wanting to develop products quickly more a case of having too.There early release pre orders were at crazy prices in the beginning to generate business but think they just over estimated business in general.
That's my opinion of what happened to the Hunter, over estimated pre order and sat for ages on orders sold hoping it would pick up of which it didn't. I think the existing few are just pre production first offs let's face it there never is or was the 100s out there they reckon they sent.
Overall, it just ended up being terribly unsound business practice.

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #23,918 of 24,683

Overall, it just ended up being terribly unsound business practice.

They pyramid schemed themselves out of business. With the top of the pyramid being their manufacturer in China since they're likely the only one that benefited/profited in this situation.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #23,923 of 24,683
It could still rise, like the Phoenix :wink:
This one?
Capture+_2017-11-08-22-37-14.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back