TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #23,821 of 24,683
Jaw Global Holdings said they have 41K in the bank as of 2016 They of course have nearly double that in liabilities.
I'm surprised to see that. Back in 2014, when Rockjaw were being pumped up on this site, the business was apparently booming! An article in the UK Telegraph said this: "From a standing start in August 2012, Rock Jaw is on target to turn over £6.1m next year."
Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance...3/Big-in-Japan-Derbyshire-designed-headphones
I remember a similar article in a local Derby paper which gave an even higher figure for Rockjaw's profits. They were touted as a UK success story. I always assumed that it had made young Joe Watts a rich man (and allowed him to fund his friend Bob in his new venture :wink:).
I looked at that thread on Kickstarter, and it is awful to see how people have been treated, waiting a year for a refund that was confirmed! Earlier in the thread, Joe writes that project funds are ring-fenced in a separate account, then writes that because sales are slow there is no money to pay refunds!
Also very interesting that Ms Timms appears in the story again, I don't know what to make of that.

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #23,823 of 24,683
May be entirely unrelated, but I recently got a mail from Rock Jaw punting a new wireless iem (Bluetooth Alfa genus I think it was), first new thing from them for a while I think?

RockJaw was way too quite forever.. prob not this time, though wish RockJaw releases some premium gears soon.

Trinity on the other hand was always rushing out new products like crazy which I think is the reason why they're screwed now.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #23,824 of 24,683
You realize that RockJaw and Trinity were basically the same company right? The reason RockJaw stopped releasing things was because they were having success with the Trinity name.

I mean the Trinity Phoenix is the exact same headphone that Watts is giving refunds for via RockJaw.

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #23,825 of 24,683
You realize that RockJaw and Trinity were basically the same company right? The reason RockJaw stopped releasing things was because they were having success with the Trinity name.

I mean the Trinity Phoenix is the exact same headphone that Watts is giving refunds for via RockJaw.

Wait, they aren't separate companies? I thought Trinity derived from RockJaw as Bob left RockJaw.

This Rockjaw-Trinity-IMR relationship is way too complicated. :/

Mar 18, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #23,827 of 24,683
Wait, they aren't separate companies? I thought Trinity derived from RockJaw as Bob left RockJaw.

This Rockjaw-Trinity-IMR relationship is way too complicated. :/

Technically different companies. But how different are they really when they're owned by the exact same people, and using designs originally created for one company then sold by the other.

Once it came out that Marie Timms was Bob's wife (or mom?) any separation between the companies disappeared IMHO..

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #23,828 of 24,683
Bob claimed RockJaw let him start his own
Technically different companies. But how different are they really when they're owned by the exact same people, and using designs originally created for one company then sold by the other.

Once it came out that Marie Timms was Bob's wife (or mom?) any separation between the companies disappeared IMHO..

Most likely wife, they are roughly the same age.

96943AA7-2668-42CD-B22A-BF04096828E2.jpeg

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #23,832 of 24,683
All this time I thought Bob was his real name lol

Just the fact that they are family or closely related to each other couldn't possibly be a problem. I guess there's something else that must stay hidden..

If they are married it’s more than that; from legal stand point of running a company it’s an issue. Bob had declared bankruptcy a few years ago and couldn't act as director of a company unless he has a court approval. On paper Bob wasn’t the owner of Trinity, but he was the face of the company, ran the show, dealt with customers, collected payments and refunded customers.
They put Marie Timms’ name on paper but in fact it was his “brainchild”.
It’s not surprising, I have been working in the financial industry for many years and I see those things all the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back