TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 15, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #23,791 of 24,683
I'd love to do a sonic comparison between the hunter and PM6 honestly. Where in the US are you located again? :)
Oh come one man, my location's been posted there in the info forever! :p

Totally :D Orange/white... My goal is to gut the suckers and see what is wrong. Someone on KS opened them up and saw a short on the antenna + housing + battery which seemed to fix his... So I'm hopeful I can reproduce it. Otherwise, I'll bridge the antennas with an MMCX cable.
How far back on KS was this? I only took a cursory glance to confirm that the majority of people were still saying they hadn't received anything and that everyone was completely miffed about it all.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #23,792 of 24,683
Well, looks like my Trinity ordeal is coming to a close. Kieran answered me on the Phantom Air asking me what color I had picked. I told him red/black and he said those they had no stock of, but they did have orange/white or gold/white if I wanted to switch... I now have a tracking number.

Will keep everyone posted on what I receive.
There's someone you're in contact with from Trinity? Could you email me their contact info so I could see if I can get my Litz cables?

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #23,794 of 24,683
There's someone you're in contact with from Trinity? Could you email me their contact info so I could see if I can get my Litz cables?

What @Torment said :) Kieran's email is the only one still responding to support calls... But insanely random. Seems like they don't respond to everything.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #23,795 of 24,683
Oh come one man, my location's been posted there in the info forever! :p

How far back on KS was this? I only took a cursory glance to confirm that the majority of people were still saying they hadn't received anything and that everyone was completely miffed about it all.

Sorry, slept 4 hours and my brain is fried. :p Next time I'm in Vancouver, I'll come down.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #23,796 of 24,683
I'm almost 100% in agreement with intensesecure with 2 small exceptions. I would like to hear the truth for my edification; secondly I would like to know or understand the Watts vs Timms relationship. AFAIK Bob said he created TAE because he was not happy with Rock Jaw and the direction, now Joe is Rock Jaw lock stack and barrel, why would anyone in that position allow their lead designer to start their own thing using their funds under those circumstances?? That has always rubbed me wrong but could just be my bias due to personal issue years ago similar to that. Other than that whats done is done and we are all beating a very dead horse or one close to death.

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #23,797 of 24,683
Message in question off Kickstarter:

Eric Yew le février 4

Finally got my phantom air working properly I think. The drop out are mostly gone for me and really like the sound on them.
On the day i received my phantom air, the back on the right bud popped open when i accidentally dropped it. So glad it did as it allowed me to see the inside.
There are 2 pins that press against a copper foil that is placed against the back cover. I am making the assumption that this is potentially the antenna of some sort. (The pins has some spring on them like a watch band pin)

Anyway, what I ended up doing was grab some extra copper foil/strip. Fold it into 4 layers and placed it against the original copper foil. I place the cover back on and tapped it down with strips of duct tape. (I'll get it glued one day when I am happy that the issue is definitely resolved)
I find that it needs to be pressed down properly against the pin, not just touching the pin. After that, I stopped getting drop out accept occassionally as any TWS earbuds do (not any more compared with my Erato Muse 5).

I think update 26 helped explains this best. Trinity mentioned about the battery causing the dropout. I think what has happened is that the mass manufacturing caused inconsistency with battery sizes. There must also be issue with the glue used as it's not keeping the back cover tightly secured on. The looseness of the pin against the foil and back cover I think is causing the dropouts for many. Unfortunately, I think this issue must have came about during mass manufacturing and wasn't picked up earlier.
Hope this help others.
I'll try to do a video one day if anyone is interested.

Now, if someone could explain to me what each different filter's effect might be, that would be great! :)

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #23,798 of 24,683
I understand it seems like people are beating a dead horse. But you have to remember Trinity look to be a really great company. They wanted to do something special with the community and listen to the users to make great products.
They made commitments and people provided them phones in advance but were then led down a very sad path.
This is a way for people to ventAnd reduce their stress. When you are taking advantage of you need a way to deal with it. It’s a very sad and depressing situation. People work hard for their money and they gave their trust which in my opinion was abused

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #23,800 of 24,683
Forget it we will never have the truth. I pressed Bob for honesty and was beaten down

He and the other individuals will never provide honest answers. They want people to believe they will still get their products.

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #23,801 of 24,683
What @Torment said :) Kieran's email is the only one still responding to support calls... But insanely random. Seems like they don't respond to everything.
I just sent them another email... for like the half dozenth time. Let's hope that it works this time, because those Litz cables would actually be super nice to own. Fingers crossed.

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #23,802 of 24,683
Message in question off Kickstarter:

Eric Yew le février 4

Finally got my phantom air working properly I think. The drop out are mostly gone for me and really like the sound on them.
On the day i received my phantom air, the back on the right bud popped open when i accidentally dropped it. So glad it did as it allowed me to see the inside.
There are 2 pins that press against a copper foil that is placed against the back cover. I am making the assumption that this is potentially the antenna of some sort. (The pins has some spring on them like a watch band pin)

Anyway, what I ended up doing was grab some extra copper foil/strip. Fold it into 4 layers and placed it against the original copper foil. I place the cover back on and tapped it down with strips of duct tape. (I'll get it glued one day when I am happy that the issue is definitely resolved)
I find that it needs to be pressed down properly against the pin, not just touching the pin. After that, I stopped getting drop out accept occassionally as any TWS earbuds do (not any more compared with my Erato Muse 5).

I think update 26 helped explains this best. Trinity mentioned about the battery causing the dropout. I think what has happened is that the mass manufacturing caused inconsistency with battery sizes. There must also be issue with the glue used as it's not keeping the back cover tightly secured on. The looseness of the pin against the foil and back cover I think is causing the dropouts for many. Unfortunately, I think this issue must have came about during mass manufacturing and wasn't picked up earlier.
Hope this help others.
I'll try to do a video one day if anyone is interested.

Now, if someone could explain to me what each different filter's effect might be, that would be great! :)
If you actually end up getting a pair to rip open to take a look and maybe even get some sort of soldering or fully wireless solution to work, you gotta document all that with pictures or video and let me know! Even if I don't end up getting mine, I'm curious :D

I just sent them another email... for like the half dozenth time. Let's hope that it works this time, because those Litz cables would actually be super nice to own. Fingers crossed.
Best of luck to you. Not to be discouraging, but while you're at your half dozen of emails to them, several other members here are probably at more like 3 dozen emails with no good answers.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #23,803 of 24,683
When you open the bag of coffee, is it empty with a voucher for a bag of slightly different "improved" coffee next week (guaranteed)? And is there an an ad for the 5 new flavors with a limited edition discount code good for just one week (which will turn into 2 months) and promise of special privileges (haha yeah right) ...since this one has already been discontinued? If there is coffee in it, then there is another guy named Bob Timms :wink:
Then they start a kickstarter campaign for an espresso maker built for the budget conscious coffee conissour (and of course the machine comes with several different colored brew screw on valves for...you know the drill).

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #23,804 of 24,683
Then they start a kickstarter campaign for an espresso maker built for the budget conscious coffee conissour (and of course the machine comes with several different colored brew screw on valves for...you know the drill).

Espresso machine with screw on valves?!?!

6gxrhzigned01.jpg

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #23,805 of 24,683
Don't forget to make the filters proprietary so you can only use those and then discontinue the filters so if you ever have any issues you need to buy a new one. Then of course rinse and repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back