TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 7, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #20,926 of 24,683
Thank you so much for that

Man that thing is ugly

great quotes on that page from the czechs!, and that was back in January

Is there any other brand in the audio that sells so many headphones without really selling anything?
04.gif

It looks like a television controller for a retiree. Only to die with the speed with which Trinity sends their products

Well, as I have stated earlier, I wouldn't give much for that drawing, since it looks really like something not being no way near the final product. And even if it was looking like that, I woulnd't be bothered by that, proveded it comes by late august/ early september to me, and has good sound quality, and amplifies well enough. Judging from the specs, it should beat the Iphone SE + Dragonfly Red , and it surely is less cumbersome and smaller and more practical .

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #20,927 of 24,683
True. Late August / Early September is optimistic, isn't that when Icarus II is due?

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #20,928 of 24,683
Don't think IEMs are a good thing to use to prove people all hear different. Loudspeakers, yes. Everyone is listening in the same room and physically interacting with the room the same. IEMs radically change sound by the way they fit. That has nothing to do differences in hearing. Move an IEM slightly on a sophisticated measuring device and you get different readings. It is incorrect to say the same machine hears differently from itself.

Aug 7, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #20,931 of 24,683
I just re-read thier blog on the icarus I and II

Its is not long now before Icarus I and Icarus II go into production. We will be releasing more shots and teasers of the Icarus I & II over the coming 2-3 weeks . These are Trinity Audio LAST ever pre-orders and so our last ever pre order comes with and Awesome discount code for Icarus II at 50% off during the pre-order period by using code ICARUSII

that was the beginning of June...........

Aug 7, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #20,932 of 24,683
Hey guys

Ive been away from headfi for i have been busy with my work. I still have the Icarus 1, 2 &3 on order and non have been delivered. I know the Icarus 2s are supposed to ship in August (probably will be delayed again), but what has been happening with the other ones? Also do you guys think the Icarus 2s will be delivered on time?

Thanks

Aug 7, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #20,933 of 24,683
Just picked up my mail from vacation hold. Sadly looks like the hunters were not part of the package, even though a tracking number was given. :frowning2: But I'm glad to have the Icarus III's in hand. At first listen, these are fantastic. The Icarus III's is where Trinity should have gone from the Delta's, instead of developing the Phantom line.

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #20,934 of 24,683
Just picked up my mail from vacation hold. Sadly looks like the hunters were not part of the package, even though a tracking number was given. :frowning2: But I'm glad to have the Icarus III's in hand. At first listen, these are fantastic. The Icarus III's is where Trinity should have gone from the Delta's, instead of developing the Phantom line.

Ok, weird...

After reading suggestions to try the gold undamped filter, I put those on initially. After an hour or so of listening (not active, catching up on emails), I switched to some other filters. Something weird is going on -- it's like the only filter worth bothering with is the gold undamped. I didn't have this experience with the pm4 or masters.

Going from gold to gunmetal on any other trinity iem sounds like various frequencies are affected, as intended. But on the Icarus III, it sounds like a completely different earphone. I'll experiment some more later.

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #20,935 of 24,683
Ok, weird...

After reading suggestions to try the gold undamped filter, I put those on initially. After an hour or so of listening (not active, catching up on emails), I switched to some other filters. Something weird is going on -- it's like the only filter worth bothering with is the gold undamped. I didn't have this experience with the pm4 or masters.

Going from gold to gunmetal on any other trinity iem sounds like various frequencies are affected, as intended. But on the Icarus III, it sounds like a completely different earphone. I'll experiment some more later.

That's pretty interesting, would like to hear your thoughts on gunmetal vs Gold undamped. I used to love the gunmetal on my masters, that was the only filter that had everything I would want.

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #20,937 of 24,683
Ok, weird...

Well at least you have a tracking number. Where does that say it is?

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #20,938 of 24,683
so after much screwing around by Australia post my KZ ZS5s arrived.

First listen? rubbish

anyway, i will let them burn in and give a second judgement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back