TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 8, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #20,941 of 24,683
I emailed Kieran the other day to ask about the PM6 whether it is due to ship within 2 weeks. He just replied "Should be shipping this month".

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #20,942 of 24,683
Well at least you have a tracking number. Where does that say it is?

Tracking number was added to the order on the trinity account page but the package that was sent included only the Icarus III's. I'm assuming the hunters will be shipped out separately. Sent an email to Kieran.

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #20,945 of 24,683
How on earth can you tell which filters are the dampened version??

You can tell my lifting the metal plate/unscrewing each filter and seeing underneath the filters, undamped would be hollow, damped would have either white or black foam.

Aug 8, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #20,948 of 24,683
Ordered in early May, just received Hong Kong.
Shipping this time is pretty fast, took 4 days instead of around 1week previously..
However no notification received.
Hope you are getting yours soon

I ordered mine last week and got a notification that they were sent last Thursday. I didn't Choose tracking number so I really can't tell where they are. Just hope they arrive soon.

Post your impressions when you can. :)

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #20,949 of 24,683
Kieran replied to my email and stated that the Delta Hybrids are no longer being manufactured and offered me a refund or Vyrus 2. I already have a pair of Vyrus 2 so I might ask if it's possible to upgrade to Icarus III. Unfortunately I never got a chance to try out any of the previous Deltas. Are Icarus similar to the Delta soundwise?

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #20,951 of 24,683
Kieran replied to my email and stated that the Delta Hybrids are no longer being manufactured and offered me a refund or Vyrus 2. I already have a pair of Vyrus 2 so I might ask if it's possible to upgrade to Icarus III. Unfortunately I never got a chance to try out any of the previous Deltas. Are Icarus similar to the Delta soundwise?
Someone said before that the icarus III are the "true" delta replacement. Similar sound but better. Can't find the post since I'm on mobile

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #20,952 of 24,683
You can tell my lifting the metal plate/unscrewing each filter and seeing underneath the filters, undamped would be hollow, damped would have either white or black foam.

Gotcha, thanks. I did realise a couple of mins after posting this as well.

Another positive review here for the Icarus III, currently only listened with the silver filters as they were my favourite on the Phantom Master 4.

I never had the upgraded Masters but compared to the PM4 these are a really nice upgrade. The mid's and high's don't sound nearly as piercing as they did on the PM4, because of which I felt like I always had to use the dampened filters.

I will give gold a try as everyone seems to rave about them, but I'm a bit of a bass head so there's a good chance I will listen mostly with silver.

Cheers :beerchug:

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #20,954 of 24,683
I will go through all filters first, this is totally new to me:beyersmile:

You might already know, but if not, any booklets that come with the Trinity IEMs are off as far as what each filter does. Here is a copy of the updated guide form their site:

• SILVER = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
  • GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
  • PURPLE = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.
  • GOLD = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters SILVER (Fun) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
  • SILVER (with damper) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail with smoothed treble
  • PURPLE (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)
  • GOLD (With damper) = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters (treble smoothed)
  • RED (Black damper) = This is a new version of our silver filter with the treble rolled off for more of an L shape signature
  • BLACK (Black Damper) = Re-imagining of the purple filter, this filter is quite neutral with the high frequencies allowed to shine a little over the mids.
  • GREEN (Black damper) = Much like our Gunmetal filter with controlled highs and midrange lifted a little
  • BLUE (Black damper) = Whole range in balance nothing over done, bass heads need not apply
  • ORANGE (Black Damper = Very lean signature and won't be for most people, treble rolled off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back